Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Yosharian

Arcane
Yeah I guess so, but it's just ass. Can you at least drive your spaceship around in atmosphere?

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Hahaha.,....get fucked. Shit ass game. FONV with mods has more mechanics and features than this piece of trash, including vehicles and vertibirds that you can fly yourself, drive automatically and provide fire support and air strikes on various targets. Plus base building via mods. On that ancient engine version that NV runs on. Grappling hook, prone mode, leaning, actual scopes (see b42 optics) with in game editor, f04 quickloot system and the list goes on. 25 years in the making....PR speak for idiots.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Considering that NV has a modding scene that's been going strong for thirteen years, I'd hope so.
Versus a game that's supposedly been in concept or development stage for 25 years...that would make it the longest developed game ever. The amount of bullshit is out of this world. And a game like this should not have "oh there's no fishing", "oh there's no land vehicles", "oh there's loading screens". MF it should have everything and more. Shit ass game form a hack company.

Readher

Savant
1687608931690174.png

ropetight

Savant
Don't worry, modders will add all the stuff Bethesda isn't capable to do or are too lazy - as was the case with all their games.
So expect bunch of Space Buggies and Space SUVs to drive around that you will install along with the couple of terabytes of other mods.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
This is confusing with the statement of no land vehicles, are players supposed to actually dredge that distance on foot or land the ship explore a certain radius and take off and land again in another area?
This is the only point that concerns me. I suspect this is the case. There will be no continuous exploration on the planet surfaces. Todd also stated that exploration will be not what we expect. I still hope there won't be hard constraints, like a max radius from your ship that you can't surpass by walking.
You probably would fly from any angle, but you will be teleported on this same map, even same spaceport. Bethesada always liked simple solutions.

The problem with that is that Nirn has magic and deals with outerplanar entities and shit like that. Whatever sci-fi setting you've got going on is going to crash and burn if you discover that shit – think of the technological implications
secondary quest. you get drunk and wake up somewhere else, which is the world of elder scrolls. you do some mundane stuff then meet its most supreme deity and its retinue, then you proceed to oneshot them all because they're phony as hell, and get your ship back. i'd laugh my pants off.

Drakortha

Liturgist
You guys just don't understand. They've been working on this game for 25 years, but they need to get the game out this year. So that's why a lot of features are missing. Game development is a lot of work and Bethesda games are more in-depth than every other game, they have a full physics engine and everything. Stop being entitled and leave the developers alone they are doing the best they can!

Last edited:

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
You seriously have to walk everywhere? Like on foot? Wow. And this was supposed to be the game that redeemed M$ for Redfall's complete and utter failure. Xbox will never change.
I can't wait for the outrage. Gamers in the past might have accepted it, but now we have Star Citizen and even No Man's Sky that have proven modern tech can do land vehicles, flying around planets, and seamless space->planet landings.

Drakortha

Liturgist
I can't wait for the outrage. Gamers in the past might have accepted it, but now we have Star Citizen and even No Man's Sky that have proven modern tech can do land vehicles, flying around planets, and seamless space->planet landings.
They will be outraged AFTER they already pre-ordered the collectors edition with the controller and headset and bought a brand new Xbox Series X or Nvidia 4080. Then they will scratch their heads and wonder why gaming has become so shit. Only to repeat the exact same thing again on the next release cycle. Consumers are not learning creatures.

Last edited:

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
There is a lot of butthurtery from the star citizen community over starfield.
Yep you hit the nail right on the head. Me being the giant Star Citizen fanboy that I am is just hating out of jealousy. Has nothing to do with Bethesda being retarded hacks who can't figure out how wheels and modes of transportation work in the year 2023. I'm pretty sure cavemen invented wheels like a few million years ago.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom