Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
But dear god anyone giving them the $70 they want for this, you'd have to be pretty stupid after what they've pulled in the past. Just be honest with people is that so damn hard. After fallout 76 and Redfall they should know better.
I don’t expect Starfield to be some revolutionary game, I said I’ll probably get 100 hours out of it and that’s good enough for me already.

Better than playing with my dick for 100 hours. I’ll do all the content I care to see, and that’s that, maybe people are expecting too much from a video game? For $70 you’d get Zelda 2 on NES or something back in the day. Starfield’s gonna be great either way. Well, unless it’s so shit that it can’t hold my attention like Outer Worlds but I doubt that. Worst case it will be hilariously broken.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not surprised a faggot like Vic is excited for Starfield. If this doesn't highlight the correlation with being a massive faggot and liking shit RPGs, I don't know what does.

Vic

Savant
Not surprised a faggot like Vic is excited for Starfield. If this doesn't highlight the correlation with being a massive faggot and liking shit RPGs, I don't know what does.
You’re the biggest homosexual this world has ever seen, just seeing you rate my posts with your faggot hands makes me shudder in disgust.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
must_simp_for_corporation.png

cpmartins

Cipher
Problem with gamers today: Entitlement and buying into company hype.
The only problems with gamers today is not enough entitlement and ironic retards like you. At least I hope you're being ironic.
buhuhu I get a AAA game made by thousands of people for my $70 and it’s not gonna scratch my back and suck my dick too, how dare they!
Bethesda is like, 50 people bruv. And at least 40 of them are diversity hires.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
This is about recognizing patterns in the environment. Oblivion was very bad, Skyrim was worse, Fallout 4 was a crime against humanity and Fallout 76… they keep getting worse every single time. Is there any reason why this would be different? Consider that you’ve got the same manipulator salesman at the helm telling the same lies that he always does through his big fake smile.

Oh, but the mods!

Yes mods, so you start strapping 15 different components on to the game created by mentally ill people in their free time with no central direction. Nothing fits tonally, everything clashes, the game bloats and becomes (even more) unstable. If there was any soul in the piece of art, it’s stripped away now. Without any soul, a game is just a sedative. Ask your doctor for an Ativan prescription, you’ll get a similar experience to a modern Bethesda title.

GaelicVigil

Liturgist
This is about recognizing patterns in the environment. Oblivion was very bad, Skyrim was worse, Fallout 4 was a crime against humanity and Fallout 76… they keep getting worse every single time. Is there any reason why this would be different? Consider that you’ve got the same manipulator salesman at the helm telling the same lies that he always does through his big fake smile.

Oh, but the mods!

Yes mods, so you start strapping 15 different components on to the game created by mentally ill people in their free time with no central direction. Nothing fits tonally, everything clashes, the game bloats and becomes (even more) unstable. If there was any soul in the piece of art, it’s stripped away now. Without any soul, a game is just a sedative. Ask your doctor for an Ativan prescription, you’ll get a similar experience to a modern Bethesda title.

The last TES game I played was Morrowind (OpenMW), 2 years ago. I spent over 200 hours with the game, 150 of those hours were spent finding, installing, and getting mods to work in it. I shit you not. Come to think of it, that's pretty much the story with all the Besthesda games I've ever experienced. 75% of my time is spent fking around with mods just to get the game in a half-decent state of playability.

NO way I'm going to do that again. Ever. I'm too old for this.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
Oblivion was very bad, Skyrim was worse, Fallout 4 was a crime against humanity and Fallout 76
oh? for how many hours did you play these games negro?

Well I was a teenager when Oblivion came out and when Skyrim came out I was in college and drunk all the time, so I played those a lot. Surely you wouldn't hold it against me today that I had poor taste when I was too young to know any better? As a non-drunk adult, I played Fallout 4 for under a week and I haven't even played Fallout 76, though it's a free download on PS+. I understand that a lot of people around here are addicts who can't help themselves, but you can't get me on that one buddy!

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
I rest my case.
What exactly is your case, Vic? All I'm saying is that these games are digital sedatives made to trick Earth's fools into vegetating for long periods of time. The good thing about being a fool is that it's not a chronic condition, so you can snap out of it like I did. ;)

Vic

Savant
I rest my case.
What exactly is your case, Vic? All I'm saying is that these games are digital sedatives made to trick Earth's fools into vegetating for long periods of time. The good thing about being a fool is that it's not a chronic condition, so you can snap out of it like I did. ;)
that's great if you are in your 20s and think you have the world by the balls. Wait until you're older and experience crushing defeat and failure and you'll be longing for some distraction if not a shotgun to your brain.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
I rest my case.
that's great if you are in your 20s and think you have the world by the balls. Wait until you're older and experience crushing defeat and failure and you'll be longing for some distraction if not a shotgun to your brain.
I'm not in my 20s and I've been defeated plenty of times but come on brother, it's just talking shit on games, we don't have to get all dark and sad now do we? Call me a fag or something.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Oh NO, not Fallout 4 in space! This is truly a dark day for gaming! What could possibly be worse?! Skyrim in space?! Damn you Todd! YOU HAVE FORSAKEN US!
Yeah but it could have been Morrowind in space, remember what the original idea was supposed to be.

Last edited:

EvilWolf

Learned

Oh, but the mods!

Oblivion wasn't that bad. They streamlined things and it sucked to lose features but in the grand scheme of things it was a collective step forward. Skyrim turned the streamlining to 11 and it showed in sales with normies slopping it up, I cede that one. Fallout 4, while being the single worst story Emil has ever put to paper, was arguably incline over Skyrim. They seemed to learn their lesson and toned down the streamlining. I'm not even going to bring up the dumpster fire that is 76 because TES/Fallout Bethesda had nothing to do with it outside of the initial world building. Clearly from what we've seen in Starfield it's further incline from Fallout 4 because the gripes most people had with Fallout 4 don't seem to be present anymore.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom