Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

tritosine2k

Erudite

Modder Promises DLSS 3 Integration Early in 'Starfield'​

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/modder-promises-dlss-3-early-starfield

Early Access in this case means shelling out $100(usd) for the special version which nets you 5 days worth of early access.
The modder is going through the trouble based on the fact that Starfield is an AMD-sponsored title, and assuming that Bethesda (Starfield’s developers) will not add DLSS to the game. According to PureDark, he will add frame generation first, then slowly start implementing DLSS 2 upscaling after the game leaves early access.
The game isn't even out yet and modders are already fixing it's problems. Gaming really is in the toilet.
Fixing TAA :lol:
Gaming really is in the toilet.
If you only knew...

Yosharian

Arcane

Early Access in this case means shelling out $100(usd) for the special version which nets you 5 days worth of early access.
The modder is going through the trouble based on the fact that Starfield is an AMD-sponsored title, and assuming that Bethesda (Starfield’s developers) will not add DLSS to the game. According to PureDark, he will add frame generation first, then slowly start implementing DLSS 2 upscaling after the game leaves early access.
Oh my god I read those Reddit comments and now I want to shoot myself in the dick

So many fucking idiots

Kiste

Augur
Seriously though, DLSS should not be a fucking feature that you get by not partnering up with AMD. It isn't even decorative shit like RTX; it's a basic technology for your GPU that allows you to play the game at decent frame rates. Not adding it is a peak fuck-you to your customer.

We will probably be able to use DLSS's slightly retarded red brother, FSR.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I know it's cool to hate on Todd but I haven't been hyped for a game since, well Cyberpunk, BUT these are the only 2 games in a long, long time.

I mean, it can't be worse than The Outer Worlds, right?? That game was so fucking dogshit boring, I almost cramped my eyeballs from the rolling they were doing when the first quest introduced a strawng femule lesbo thot as a follower. like Jesus Christ

Anyway, there's 0% Starfield will be boring or shit like that. No sir, it might be shit but it'll still be good enough to get 100 hours out of it I betcha.

Drakortha

Liturgist
I know it's cool to hate on Todd but I haven't been hyped for a game since, well Cyberpunk, BUT these are the only 2 games in a long, long time.

I mean, it can't be worse than The Outer Worlds, right?? That game was so fucking dogshit boring, I almost cramped my eyeballs from the rolling they were doing when the first quest introduced a strawng femule lesbo thot as a follower. like Jesus Christ

Anyway, there's 0% Starfield will be boring or shit like that. No sir, it might be shit but it'll still be good enough to get 100 hours out of it I betcha.
It will 100% be boring shit and comparing it to other trash games won't improve it. Unless you find the idea of grinding resources on 900 dead planets for your ship appealing. And good luck if you're hoping this can scratch any kind of RPG itch you might be having. Did you even see the cities, the NPC's and the story they presented? Worse than Fallout 4.

Within 1 week of bullshit resource collecting you will be desperately begging Bethesda to release new Creation Club content for you to get out your credit card to consume. It will almost be like that was their plan from the start.

Moink

Cipher

The game isn't even out yet and modders are already fixing it's problems. Gaming really is in the toilet.
https://modding.wiki/en/starfield/community-patch

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Its just going to be fallout 4 again. Which was boring, at least Fallout 3 had some redeeming qualities which were best showcased in New Vegas. All Starfield adds much like Fallout 4 is just a bunch of gimmicks, the core game is still very much the same usual tired ass Bethesda product they've been regurgitating for the past 20 years. Unless you're really hell bent on those gimmicks (see fallout 4's base building) you're probably gonna be bored.

The space combat looks dull. We've all pretty much already played this game, with exception to the spaceship stuff.

Last edited:

Silverfish

Arbiter
I mean, it can't be worse than The Outer Worlds, right??

No, Beth games, at their absolute worst, are at least broken and jank enough to be funny. Unintended entertainment is still leagues beyond what Outer Worlds offered.

Yosharian

Arcane
Its just going to be fallout 4 again.
I think Beth have shown that they are at least trying to make rectify many of the mistakes that they made with FO4

of course we'll have to wait till release to see if they are full of shit, or if they've succeeded, but I think it's a little unfair to say that they are just doing FO4 but in space

Levenmouth

Cipher
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Its just going to be fallout 4 again.
I think Beth have shown that they are at least trying to make rectify many of the mistakes that they made with FO4

of course we'll have to wait till release to see if they are full of shit, or if they've succeeded, but I think it's a little unfair to say that they are just doing FO4 but in space
DITO. Can't sell thirty different PC versions of Fallout 4.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
but I think it's a little unfair to say that they are just doing FO4 but in space
How is it unfair, we're talking Microsoft here, screw em lol. All the money in the world and they can't show us enough to prove me wrong. You know. The secrecy bullshit is why you can't trust them. Todd has baited and switched before. You can't trust them. We know the game they make, that's the game you're getting. Anyone got proof to prove me wrong? no? ok didn't think so. Do better Todd ffs.

The thing is right, most people are going to play it on Gamepass, so there's no risk, go ahead if you had gamepass anyway try it out. But dear god anyone giving them the $70 they want for this, you'd have to be pretty stupid after what they've pulled in the past. Just be honest with people is that so damn hard. After fallout 76 and Redfall they should know better.

Last edited:

EvilWolf

Learned
but I think it's a little unfair to say that they are just doing FO4 but in space
How is it unfair, we're talking Microsoft here, screw em lol. All the money in the world and they can't show us enough to prove me wrong. You know. The secrecy bullshit is why you can't trust them. Todd has baited and switched before. You can't trust them. We know the game they make, that's the game you're getting. Anyone got proof to prove me wrong? no? ok didn't think so. Do better Todd ffs.

The thing is right, most people are going to play it on Gamepass, so there's no risk, go ahead if you had gamepass anyway try it out. But dear god anyone giving them the $70 they want for this, you'd have to be pretty stupid after what they've pulled in the past. Just be honest with people is that so damn hard. After fallout 76 and Redfall they should know better.
Oh NO, not Fallout 4 in space! This is truly a dark day for gaming! What could possibly be worse?! Skyrim in space?! Damn you Todd! YOU HAVE FORSAKEN US! :negative:

Gargaune

Arcane

Todd doesn't discriminate between individuals and companies, nVidia gets the same Mods Will Fix It!™ treatment as everyone else.

Interesting that AMD seems to be out-dicking Team Green, though:
WCCFTech - What’s Up With The Missing NVIDIA DLSS Support In AMD Sponsored FSR Titles?

If we take a look at some of the most recent NVIDIA and AMD-sponsored releases, we would see that almost all NVIDIA-sponsored titles had DLSS and FSR support at or soon after launch. [...] Looking at the other camp (AMD), out of the 13 or so sponsored AAA titles, only 3 titles received support for DLSS.

nVidia ain't gonna be too happy about missing out on Starfield, they've pushed DLSS quite hard in the marketing for their 4060 lineup.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I don't understand why Bethesda would declare Starfield to be an AMD-backed game. That's just bad marketing.

AMD vs. Intel and Radeon vs. Nvidia has almost reached politics-level opposition. I can actually envision some autist somewhere swearing off Starfield because it may not support DLSS (Nvidia) on Day One.

Bethesda has plenty of money. Why would they choose to go this route? Is there something I'm missing?

Softgels

Scholar

China to the rescue

Mortmal

Arcane
I don't understand why Bethesda would declare Starfield to be an AMD-backed game. That's just bad marketing.

AMD vs. Intel and Radeon vs. Nvidia has almost reached politics-level opposition. I can actually envision some autist somewhere swearing off Starfield because it may not support DLSS (Nvidia) on Day One.

Bethesda has plenty of money. Why would they choose to go this route? Is there something I'm missing?
Starfield development started years ago , it was built for the xbox which is using roughly a 5600-5700 AMD card, so its optimized around it. It's probably working good but underwhelming on a nvidia card, they dont know how to optimize it takes too much time too many different rigs now. So its more simple to just say its AMD partner, you want to play get an xbox, and limit damage.

tritosine2k

Erudite
Obviously Todd wants to sell Starfield on mobile and RDNA is halfway there while nv gaming commitment is lazy at best.

Samsung Electronics and AMD Extend Strategic IP Licensing Agreement To Bring AMD Radeon™ Graphics to Future Mobile Platforms​

Gargaune

Arcane
Baldurs Gate 3 changed it's Playsation release date to September 6th. (That is Starfields PC and Xbox Release date)

We will be releasing the game in order of platform readiness. Baldur’s Gate 3 will first come to PC on
August 3rd before launching on PlayStation 5 a few weeks later on
September 6th

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/3657534571513526776
Oh, fuck, I didn't connect those dots! Fucking Sony could star in a sequel to Mean Girls! :lol:

Edit: Couldn't resist...

sony-bg3-release.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom