Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Trithne

Erudite
bMu01A8.png

Holy fucking shit what. I'm not even planning on buying it, I just saw the price on the steam marquee and had to confirm.

Yosharian

Arcane
bMu01A8.png

Holy fucking shit what. I'm not even planning on buying it, I just saw the price on the steam marquee and had to confirm.
At least it is actually on Steam and is therefore available on other websites for cheaper

Unlike D4 which has to be bought through Blizzard and thus you have to pay full price

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
@Non-Edgy Gamer so are you not going to play Starfield? I’m not following gaming news but I thought everybody would be at least somewhat hyped/curious to play. It’s Bethesda after all.
Nope. Not after what I've read itt.

Lack of seamless planet landings and no flying a ship on the planet tells me that this is just another Netimmerse engine game in space.

I could be wrong, but I will likely wait a month or longer before even checking it out.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
@Non-Edgy Gamer so are you not going to play Starfield? I’m not following gaming news but I thought everybody would be at least somewhat hyped/curious to play. It’s Bethesda after all.

Lack of seamless planet landings and no flying a ship on the planet tells me that this is just another Netimmerse engine game in space.

I could be wrong, but I will likely wait a month or longer before even checking it out.
I've read nothing about it tbh. Why bother? Just gonna play the shit out of it on release and see for myself.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I've read nothing about it tbh. Why bother? Just gonna play the shit out of it on release and see for myself.
I prefer to spend my time doing things I will enjoy, and my money on games other than Bethesda ones.

If it turns out that Todd's final repentance from his "procedural crap" criticism of Daggerfall actually yields a fun game, cool. I'll probably play it.

Maybe I'll wait years and but it on sale like I did Skyrim and every one of his games save Morrowind, but I'm not ruling it out.

Just saying that I'm not excited to play a game from the people who overpromise and underdeliver in every game they've ever made.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Todd logic: "you know that DLSS thing AAA studios are using to make their unoptimized trash work, we don't need that our game runs at 30fps on Xbox X we're fine! it all just works right?"
Ok I'm so fucking hyped now lol. This is going to be an epic trainwreck of a game. What on earth were they thinking abandoning hardware agnosticism. That's a really really stupid idea. Did they need the money that badly?
There's no reason to do this on PC, you should be supporting as many systems as possible, its clear they bias AMD hardware so if you're not on AMD hardware probably skip this game because its going to be a dumpster fire.

ropetight

Savant
If Microsoft forces Bethesda to put Denuvo in Starfiled, that will be a big no for me, until someone cleans it up from that infestation.
Bethesda so far used Denuvo only for games by other developers (Arkane), and for online multiplayer.
They removed all of it in 2019. because of performance issues, but newer Microsoft games have it.

Denuvo would also effectively kill modding scene since it checks tampering of binaries, so I doubt it.
But maybe they want to force you to use some kind of Creation Club store for mods exclusively?

Moink

Cipher
Wonder if that's 30fps with FSR on or not.
Denuvo would also effectively kill modding scene since it checks tampering of binaries, so I doubt it.
But maybe they want to force you to use some kind of Creation Club store for mods exclusively?
Would be an utter PR disaster, we can only hope they are too scared of upsetting everyone after 76 to do something this retarded.

Edit: Gamepass breaks mod support anyway so actually I can see this happening.

Last edited:

Levenmouth

Cipher
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
bMu01A8.png

At least it is actually on Steam and is therefore available on other websites for cheaper

Unlike D4 which has to be bought through Blizzard and thus you have to pay full price
But who cares really, since it's on Game Pass anyway, which is going to be cheaper for most players.

Mortmal

Arcane
Yeah. This game lacks many features that you would think they would be included. As I said... basic interactions with the environment such as fishing. Methods of transportation, such as vehicles.

Although... if you have a proper jetpack, some things can be excused.
Fishing you said ?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
If Microsoft forces Bethesda to put Denuvo in Starfiled, that will be a big no for me, until someone cleans it up from that infestation.
Bethesda so far used Denuvo only for games by other developers (Arkane), and for online multiplayer.
They removed all of it in 2019. because of performance issues, but newer Microsoft games have it.

At the least Bethesda doesn't care for modders who hack the binaries. They want mods to be made with the creation kit and distributed as module files.

BruceVC

Magister

Edgy dont be a hater, 10% of the 1000 planets will have life on them. Thats 100 planets you can interact with aliens on, its worth it :cool:

Mortmal

Arcane

Edgy dont be a hater, 10% of the 1000 planets will have life on them. Thats 100 planets you can interact with aliens on, its worth it :cool:
100 planets with disjointed animals no man sky style, in jungles . Not any advanced alien metropolis and urban areas i bet.

Gerrard

Arcane
CPU: 7800X3D (£454) & Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 (£92)
RAM: G.Skill Trident 32GB 6000MHz CL30-38-38-96 (£168)
PSU: Corsair HX850 80 Plus Platinum Modular (£151)
SSD: 2x Samsung 970 Evo 2TB, 2x Sabrent Rocket 1TB, 1x Crucial MX500 1TB (£617)
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 10GB (£729) (bought at release)
MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX X670E-A (£380)
CASE: Phanteks Eclipse P600S & ARCTIC BioniX F140 (£155)
AUDIO: Audio-GD NFB-11.28 DAC & Marantz PM6006 Amp & Monitor Audio Bronze 2 (£824)
MONITORS: AW3423DW (£1011) & 2x AOC 24G2U5/BK (£300)
PERIPHERALS: Keyboardio M100 (£242) & Qpad 8K (£50) & Kinesis Savant Elite2 (£163)
Total cost: £5336

And the desk cost like £600

Some of this stuff I bought a few years ago so I didn't get as good a price for it as I could do now
Please tell me you put those paired SSDs in RAID0 so I can have a laugh.

Late Bloomer

Scholar

Modder Promises DLSS 3 Integration Early in 'Starfield'​

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/modder-promises-dlss-3-early-starfield

Early Access in this case means shelling out $100(usd) for the special version which nets you 5 days worth of early access.
The modder is going through the trouble based on the fact that Starfield is an AMD-sponsored title, and assuming that Bethesda (Starfield’s developers) will not add DLSS to the game. According to PureDark, he will add frame generation first, then slowly start implementing DLSS 2 upscaling after the game leaves early access.

Drakortha

Liturgist

Modder Promises DLSS 3 Integration Early in 'Starfield'​

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/modder-promises-dlss-3-early-starfield

Early Access in this case means shelling out $100(usd) for the special version which nets you 5 days worth of early access.
The modder is going through the trouble based on the fact that Starfield is an AMD-sponsored title, and assuming that Bethesda (Starfield’s developers) will not add DLSS to the game. According to PureDark, he will add frame generation first, then slowly start implementing DLSS 2 upscaling after the game leaves early access.
The game isn't even out yet and modders are already fixing it's problems. Gaming really is in the toilet.

Levenmouth

Cipher
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Seriously though, DLSS should not be a fucking feature that you get by not partnering up with AMD. It isn't even decorative shit like RTX; it's a basic technology for your GPU that allows you to play the game at decent frame rates. Not adding it is a peak fuck-you to your customer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom