Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Answer the most important question, can you build completely pointless shacks that don't add anything to the game? Inquiring minds want to know.
I don't know but it seems like you can really build a cool spaceship and apparently space bases? I've seen research for various space station modules that you can unlock if you have collected enough trash.

Customizable space ship (starting ship for now, haven't done any upgrades yet):
Starfield-9-1-2023-5-07-21-PM.png

Kiste

Augur
Lol, if the above pic shows only the EA players, this game will effortlessly reach 1Mil on release. It hasn't even began for Swentards.
Lol betting on Bethesdafags vs Swenretards is like betting on a fight with a downie vs a full blown autist.

Retard strength vs. mind bullets. Who will win?

Anyway, BG3 is clearly the better game. Scientific fact.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Me exploring the first dungeon (yeah, you can loot all of those folders on the table and on the floor, you can even loot the potted plant on the table)
Starfield-9-1-2023-5-15-30-PM.png

Always good to have some measuring tape...

Starfield-9-1-2023-5-23-28-PM.png

You can probably build your space station out of all the office supplies you pilfer in this vast, endless universe

Last edited:

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Always good to have some measuring tape...

Starfield-9-1-2023-5-23-28-PM.png

You can probably build your space station out of all the office supplies you pilfer in this vast, endless universe

Take it and put it on the ship, next to your bunk.

Perkel

Arcane
200k paid premium to play 5 days early ? jeeez
and game is on gaypass day 1

If it wasn't for gaypass i think it should be first game to break 2mil players on steam

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Starfield-9-1-2023-4-42-17-PM.png

New lockpicking minigame
I swear these fuckers just can't help themselves NOT to make another re-skinned Oblivion.
If I were able to become invisible and pass trough walls I would do some naughty stuff. But I think mostly I'll go to game companies meetings to try to figure out what on all Heavens these guys are trying to achieve with those fucking minigames.

tastywaffles

Literate
If Starfield can't beat those numbers on a Memorial Day/Labor Day/Whatever Day weekend, then it really is over.

It really did not revolutionize anything imo, just made a better Bethesda Fallout, again without all of the OG fallout themes.
It all looks so soulless. New Atlantis is tedious and bland. Some of the interior designs are good, but everything outdoors looks like ass.

Modron

Arcane
If Starfield can't beat those numbers on a Memorial Day/Labor Day/Whatever Day weekend, then it really is over.
You do realize the game isn't technically out yet right? These are just the tards that bought some extra special edition for 30 dollars more so they could play it 5 days early among other things.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Seems at least space pirate LARP is supported properly with boarding actions:

https://thegamehaus.com/starfield/how-to-steal-ships-in-starfield/2023/08/31/

Target the enemy ship during a Space Battle
Destroy the ship engine (DO NOT DESTROY THE ENTIRE SHIP)
Board the ship
Defeat the crew
Infiltrate the pilot seat
Undock the ship
Jump to the nearest city and find a ship technician
Pay the ship technician 1000 credits to repair the ship

Now it just needs a mod for slavery and other "human resources" for that Rimworld flavor.

I wonder if modders would be able to add travel time and encounters or whatever for in-system space travel somehow.

Last edited:

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
You do realize the game isn't technically out yet right? These are just the tards that bought some extra special edition for 30 dollars more so they could play it 5 days early among other things.
And now pirates can play the game before legit customers who didn't get the extra tard version?

0wca

Learned
Starfield-9-1-2023-4-42-17-PM.png

New lockpicking minigame
I swear these fuckers just can't help themselves NOT to make another re-skinned Oblivion.
If I were able to become invisible and pass trough walls I would do some naughty stuff. But I think mostly I'll go to game companies meetings to try to figure out what on all Heavens these guys are trying to achieve with those fucking minigames.
That's an easy answer:

waste people's time -> artificially extend the game

It's the thought that keeps Todd's dick hard throughout the day.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom