Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Why is the color grading in some locations utter dogshit? Turdthesda thinks its funny to add piss colored fog everywhere?

colorgrading.jpg

Kiste

Augur
Meanwhile at Bugthesda game studios

afbeelding.png
From left to right:
1. Maybe, nice tits
2. that's a man
3. no
4. hell no
5. middle aged and pink hair? pass
6. probably mental health issues, pass
7. ambiguous, pass, better save than sorry
8. maybe, if not crazy
9. clearly a lesbo
10. yellow hair with that complexion? looks sickly, pass
11. that's a man
12. type librarian/kindergarten teacher, maybe if extremely nice.
13. I have no fucking idea
14. no fucking way
15. that's a man

VerSacrum

Educated
Game is boring. Its fallout 4 without all the fun. Removing cinematic dialogue was a huge mistake and it shows, as you are forced to stare into Bethseda animatronics who are really really ugly (It is like they scanned all the homeless people in New York or all the gypsies in east europe). Seriously what the hell? The faces are really ugly and the style of forced zoom in on the faces really does not help.

WTF are those running and walking animations. The character sprints like if they really need to go to the bathroom and are about to shit themselves.
it’s really funny how bethesda never gets faces and voice acting right, but is a genius at open world exploration.

Or you have low standards!
Their exploration is very repetitive.
This. Their last game with some actual meaningful exploration was Morrowind. Exploration aspect of KC:D shat on Oblivion, Skyrim and Nu-Fallout hard.

Reinhardt

Arcane
This game looks absolutely miserable
It's depressing just looking at it
And every NPC is black or mixed so normal people can't even escape into a nice fantasy world
Is this a demoralization psyop?
Yeah, this is what I was saying earlier in another thread:

Big studios get all their money from an initial sale. They mainly care about the first 10 hours or so, since that's all people finish, and they heavily rely on big money and on the media machine for ads, reviews and buzz in general.

But then you have Japanese and Korean gacha games, which although complete rip-offs are funded by user purchases. Users need to like the game content and want additional content enough to pull out their wallets. Regularly.

Go to any gacha game and count the number of black women vs the number of white women. Real Princess and the Frog reality check. FGO, for example, has I think one actually black woman out of 375 characters.

The problem is, the whole world has gotten used to blacks being forced into every media. So, for an initial sale, where all you're seeing is a commercial and only start thinking about this stuff hours later, it's not a problem.

But if you really had to choose with your wallet the kind of characters you want in the game, you'd probably pick European, Asian or any other race first.
Yeah, the chinese gacha game I'm playing has only 1 black character. Didn't even know about them, had to check when I read your post.
in another eden there are ~5 dark-skinned characters total. and 3 of them are dark elves. and none of them is even that dark-skinned. probably blackest nigga in the game -
101070051_rank5_base.png

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
This. Their last game with some actual meaningful exploration was Morrowind. Exploration aspect of KC:D shat on Oblivion, Skyrim and Nu-Fallout hard.

Morrowind didn't have anything in particular to make the exploration more meaningful than Oblivion or Skyrim. It's just that the setting was amazing.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Game is boring. Its fallout 4 without all the fun. Removing cinematic dialogue was a huge mistake and it shows, as you are forced to stare into Bethseda animatronics who are really really ugly (It is like they scanned all the homeless people in New York or all the gypsies in east europe). Seriously what the hell? The faces are really ugly and the style of forced zoom in on the faces really does not help.

WTF are those running and walking animations. The character sprints like if they really need to go to the bathroom and are about to shit themselves.
Have you selected correct walking style?

Readher

Savant
Kinda strange how they picked Dark Elves, which was hardly anything new or special, and then came up with such a unique setting for them that it captivates me (and I'm sure many others as well) to this day.

Fast-forward 20 years later, and the most "unique" fantasy setting we have is Sawyer bashing his Larian-obsessed head on the keyboard when naming things, while doing generic fantasy. Clown industry.

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Morrowind also had terrible copy pasted small dungeons all over the map.
Exactly. Bethesda never did manage to pull off the meaningful exploration bit, Morrowind's dungeons were just as pasted and filled with trash as any of their other games. Not to mention the aggresive level scaling.

But if they would do another TES in VVanderfell it would again be amazing simply because of the setting: a mix of fantasy and alien fauna sprinkled with weird ruins all orbiting a giant volcano.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
JFC, why do all modern AAA games look like washed out, plastic shit?
Cheap texture feel is due to:
1. Its cheap
2. Its fast and therefore cheap
3. Its unimaginative therefore its cheap
4. Grit doesn't sell
5. Is suspect something in women psychology makem them so they can't for their life create gritty, worn and realistic surface materials like in the stalker games.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Kinda strange how they picked Dark Elves, which was hardly anything new or special, and then came up with such a unique setting for them that it captivates me (and I'm sure many others as well) to this day.

Fast-forward 20 years later, and the most "unique" fantasy setting we have is Sawyer bashing his Larian-obsessed head on the keyboard when naming things, while doing generic fantasy. Clown industry.
Typical Fampyr.

VerSacrum

Educated

Morrowind didn't have anything in particular to make the exploration more meaningful than Oblivion or Skyrim. It's just that the setting was amazing.
It absolutely did because the dungeons, loot, bandits etc. were largely handplaced in Morrowind. Oblivion introduced map markers, random loot, fast travel and magic compass which completely killed any actual exploration and cemented Bethesda's identity as a developer of hiking sim fantasy theme parks. I can enjoy myself in a decently modded Skyrim or Oblivion, but they don't have good exploration.

Fargus

Arcane

Kirkbride done some heavy drugs and in his case it helped. Soyer just feeds on soy and twitter cringe.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
JFC, why do all modern AAA games look like washed out, plastic shit?
Cheap texture feel is due to:
1. Its cheap
2. Its fast and therefore cheap
3. Its unimaginative therefore its cheap
4. Grit doesn't sell
5. Is suspect something in women psychology makem them so they can't for their life create gritty, worn and realistic surface materials like in the stalker games.
Actually, this game is in a future society that decided EVERYOHNE should shower and put a makeup to look like a civilized part of society.
They also use a trash bin with multiple holes for each stuff, so a garbage man (the main character) would dump the trash into a single trash dump.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom