Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I kinda feel sorry killing cute aliens for xp and loot tbh. There are these baby hippo looking aliens that are easy to kill and give good xp :/

Starfield-9-3-2023-11-07-56-AM.png

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Imagine being Swen and rushing BG3 with an unfinished Act 3... because of this.

:swen:
True, but Swen can at least patch that later with a definitive edition.

Betheslop will never improve.
On the other hand, mods might fix it.
And nothing will fix Larian writing.
What? I'm not the fan of BG3 writing, it's probably the weakest part of the game, but it's still way ahead of Starfield. At least it engages you, instead of making you jus wait until NPC shuts up.

Self-Ejected

What? I'm not the fan of BG3 writing, it's probably the weakest part of the game, but it's still way ahead of Starfield. At least it engages you, instead of making you jus wait until NPC shuts up.
Well most people that criticize bg3 writing dont know the lore and is not their fault as the game plenty of times assume you know them.

As for starfield i dont think (So far) the writing is bad is just not stuffed with the capeshit stuff you find in games aka mass effect the goal is not that you are just a character in a galaxy brought to some people that wish to find sensient life form in the universe. Of course is not opera tier but is not evem bad per se. I seen far worse from bathesda expecially in fallout 3-4

ChildInTime

Savant

Well most people that criticize bg3 writing dont know the lore and is not their fault as the game plenty of times assume you know them.

As for starfield i dont think (So far) the writing is bad is just not stuffed with the capeshit stuff you find in games aka mass effect the goal is not that you are just a character in a galaxy brought to some people that wish to find sensient life form in the universe. Of course is not opera tier but is not evem bad per se. I seen far worse from bathesda expecially in fallout 3-4
I disagree, at least Fallout 3-4 engaged you in their premise somewhat.
Here it goes like - Ur a space miner on 'not Mars', find the mysterious alien artifact, some random nigger in a ship comes down to the planet and sends you to join his secret org with no option for you to refuse, but you can't do just that - you need to go murder this whole gang of pirates and show off your Skywalker piloting skills, anointed by the blood of your enemies you are now able to visit this space capital full of blacks and asians.
I don't even know what to add.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

I disagree, at least Fallout 3-4 engaged you in the their premise somewhat.
Here it goes like - Ur a space miner on 'not Mars', find the mysterious alien artifact, some random nigger in a ship comes down to the planet and sends you to join his secret org with no option for you to refuse, but you can't do just that - you need to go murder this whole gang of pirates and show off your Skywalker piloting skills, anointed by the blood of your enemies you are now able to visit this space capital full of blacks and asians.
I don't even know what to add.
Thats the whole point. This is a game that wants you to explore and make your own story wich the storyline is discovery not an ancient evil to vanquish or a threat to destroy.

Be Kind Rewind

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
What will get more clicks and thus money for these faggots: "Starfield is a DISASTER!" or "Starfield is a pretty good Bethesda game all things considered"
Nigger, you paid $100 for Cottonfield and you've exhausted your copium tanks so much you're starting to suffer from oxygen deprivation. The reviewer is a retard, that's a given, but my prediction about Bethesda wrecking the one thing that gave their games such a mass appeal was correct and this guy is a good showing of that. Remove the handcrafted open world exploration from Skyrim and what remains? Enjoy the much shittier version of No Man's Sky's base building and scanning I guess, without the multiplayer (plus the seamless world, impressive tech, etc) and with scoops of niggers instead of wholesome aliens. Not even normies can enjoy this shit, it's a game fit only for niggers, which is why there are so many of them in the game.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Anybody took the Geology perk? How does it work to get rarer resources? Is it that they spawn more in the overworld or do you get a chance while mining to get extra?

edit: also, can you wait without sitting on a fucking chair? :lol:

I’ve given up on the autistic side shit until I get better ships and can set up trade routes. Started b-lining the main quest so I can make myself less handicapped, annd I’m skipping the dialogue because I don’t care what any of these shitty characters have to say.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I distinctly remember in Cyberpunk 2077 that if you started shooting, the entire street would cower
i remember clip how player throws grenade and then hundreds of pipo in unison jump out of their cars in street jam and crouch as one. never seen such perfect timing, even on military parades.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My Steam friend list is full of people playing this

:shredder:
Sounds just like release of Fallout 4. I think at that time someone posted their Codex list of Steam friends and most there played it :D
Most of my Steam friends are 'dexers so I checked and

Starfield:

Baldur's Gate 3:

Of course it could still be just my 'dexian friends, right? So I checked RPGCodex Steam group. Lots of people playing BG3 atm, no Starfield in sight.

Reinhardt

Arcane
They will like they did with every beth game why you think people keep play skyrim?
For the shit/stupid sex mods
No that is not fully accurate beth game are moddable to an extent you can completely transform your gameplay and experience of cours sex mods is what people mostly mention because add to the omg scandaaal value. But there are a lot of fantastic mods for skyrim that are game changers.
ok, now i see why people here think you are retarded

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom