Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected
I'm thinking to how this compares to the outer worlds, and I hate to say at least there's personality in that game.
It is neat however theres actual environments and weather you need to be aware of unlike in OW.
This game has far more mechanics and insane more exploration than the outer world. Has also ship building explorations outpost management. Outer worlds is just a shooter.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
How is the thievery gameplay?

Bog Standard Beth Game.. the only unique thing here is that you actually need the skills to use them.. So at level 1 you can't sneak / pickpocket or pick locks.. you need to drop at least 3 skills, one in each - to do them. (Some starting backgrounds grant a skill in one or many of them for free though)

The lock picking game is fucking aids though. Like.. worst one they've ever done bad.
I agree on that lockpicking is awful

The lockpicking is alright, it beats having to jiggle something into the right angle.
Some of you don't like slowing down and thinking for a second which is what it requires.

Self-Ejected
How is the thievery gameplay?

Bog Standard Beth Game.. the only unique thing here is that you actually need the skills to use them.. So at level 1 you can't sneak / pickpocket or pick locks.. you need to drop at least 3 skills, one in each - to do them. (Some starting backgrounds grant a skill in one or many of them for free though)

The lock picking game is fucking aids though. Like.. worst one they've ever done bad.
I agree on that lockpicking is awful

The lockpicking is alright, it beats having to jiggle something into the right angle.
Some of you don't like slowing down and thinking for a second which is what it requires.
Oh is not that is just that the puzzle element is unnecessary would be perfect to me if it was only character skill tied.

Oh is not that is just that the puzzle element is unnecessary would be perfect to me if it was only character skill tied.

Yeah it would be more in character for Bethesda to remove it in order to streamline the gameplay, but maybe they still have it out of tradition/for those stealth cunts that avoid shooter gameplay.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
All you need to do is sit and wait i will predict when the toolset will be avaliable even after a month of release there will be amazing mods. Is a trend that keeps repeating.
toolsets already exist given IT'S THE SAME FUCKING ENGINE FROM PREVIOUS GAMES. Only thing that gonna take awhile it's optimization and modders seeing what then have/want to change.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Some aliens look really cool, I've seen already you can setup something like a farm to breed them in your outposts, but wondering if you can tame one to have as a pet

Vic

Savant
Xp earned from planetary exploration and observation it's fixed all around, side quests are only for money mostly with small xp gain. To farm xp you have to attack npc ships but that's after u have finished the game and going straight to new game+ because of the amount of bounty u gonna have to generate.
seems like just killing aliens around your level gives decent xp too, just hit level 10.

ind33d

Learned
daggerfall was best ignoring the main quest and just wandering around, i assume this is the same way

Vic

Savant
daggerfall was best ignoring the main quest and just wandering around, i assume this is the same way
I couldn't care less for the main quest at the moment.

I remember when I was playing Skyrim years ago somebody said that it's so good because it feels like a living, breathing world. That you can walk somewhere and then meet a group of NPCs battling it out or something. Well, Starfield is this and much more. The random events that I have seen so far were "hey we are stranded here and need some water", "hey my friend is injured give us a medpack". There are also randomly generated structures everywhere with random loot, which doesn't really make sense I think to have a conveniently placed chest on some random ass moon with some rare loot for you.

I'm forgetting the word for it, but yeah, it does feel like a living galaxy, but it definitely has its flaws. A small step up from Skyrim and Fallout 4 tho in this regard. Now the crafting and base building, that's on another level.

As you travel between planets you get randomly ambushed by space pirates, but it's easy to just fast travel before you get attacked. Or you can battle it out in a cool space battle if you want. It's interesting to see these systems from earlier Beth games implemented in such scale.

Last edited:

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
Fucking bethesda shills and their base building elements. When you have nothing to praise about Starfield rpg wise you start with base building,space travel and shit. Fuck you and fuck Bethesda with their mediocre shit.

@mebrilla the shill : starfied is a mediocre shooter, with rpg elements, base building , space travel and fucking retarded AI. That's what 6-7 years of work and 200+mil gets you.

Vic

Savant
Fucking bethesda shills and their base building elements. When you have nothing to praise about Starfield rpg wise you start with base building,space travel and shit. Fuck you and fuck Bethesda with their mediocre shit.
There are RPG elements, because you level up, get better gear (which has MMO colored tiers), upgrade your ship, and get space-Dragonborn powers. So you can totally have that power fantasy and become a galactic badass it seems.

This is bethesda, so you'll not be getting C&C or any meaningful dialogue. I'm pretty sure you can even get all perks like in Skyrim and become a jack of all trades, but that requires a lot of playing because to upgrade perks you have to complete relevant challenges.

Again, if you liked previous recent Bethesda games, Starfield is goood.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Do spaceships get automated turret guns or are you forced into fighter-style dogfighting the entire game?

That's gonna look really stupid with those clunky ship designs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom