Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Robotigan

Learned
You'd need to essentially design entire games from scratch - to make the procgen worlds interesting
Procgen games are generally the most modded games: Minecraft, Mount & Blade, Kerbel, Rimworld, Cities Skylines, Civilization, etc. In general modding these games is more appealing because you can substantially change how the game plays with only minor additions and/or tweaks. Skyrim's biggest non-joke mods aren't the quest mods, they're generally the systemic ones.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane

:rpgcodex:

Dissapointing. FO4 has a similar mod that replaces posters with actual pin-ups from the era
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4467?tab=description

4467-0-1453590646.jpg

ind33d

Learned
"I had an intuition as soon as the tile boundary news was leaked, and now I got around to test it, with some mixed results.

The Good News: this setting removes the boundaries of planetary tiles, allowing you to explore some more. Beyond the original boundaries, the game positioned certain resource elements, so it's possible that those areas might be more interesting than not.

The bad news is: After a certain point the game just crashes. It's possible it was just me speeding with console commands, I've tried going slower a couple of times but still every time the game freezes and crashes. Skyrim doesn't crash regardless of how high I force my speedmult, but that's probably some Engine Fixes mod forcing the game not to CTD. I haven't played vanilla in way too long to know.

I haven't looked *too much* into the whole thing, without tools to help, but it's possible that if it's a mod that keeps Skyrim from crashing when speeding outside the boundaries, a future mod might be able to tackle the tile boundary system in some way."

honestly it's better game dev for beth to release a bad game and have internet autismos fix it than it would be to release a mediocre one and patch it in-house

Fargus

Arcane

Darkwind

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

This shit looks like a fucking prehistoric fertility idol, or atleast what we identify as one

201217152656-venus-figurines-theory-scn.jpg

Im mean, lol just look at one of these

291-1693603512-121244356.png

Its just artwork from cringy fetish VN.
Yeah but its just hilarious for me how works of modern degenerate fetishes look so close to those prehistoric figurines.

It's not a big surprise. Large thighs, thick ass and heaving titties have been the ideal female figure since time immemorial.

It's literally designed to give niggers a boner.
Fixed that for ya. European women haven't looked like that prehistoric idol for 10,000+ years. This massive buffalo ass fetish / Africanization is a very new phenomenon propped up by (((propaganda))) and the general stupidity of an populace whose IQ is dropping faster than the panties of a 2 dollar crack whore on payday.

Last edited:

Silverfish

Arbiter
Moooo moooo moooo moooo mooooo mooooo moooo mooooo mooooo moooo mooooo mooooo moooo mooooo mooooo moooo mooooo mooooo moooo mooooo mooooo moooo mooooo mooooo moooo mooooo mooooo moooo mooooo mooooo moooo mooooo mooooo
You sound upset there Mebs. Didn't you get milked today by your owner?

Pierce-Brosnan-movies-ranked.jpg

For starters, there's NO music whatsoever during character creation,

Well, it's a space game, all the characters look like horiffic monsters, seems like there'd only be one option.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
btw somebody said itt that it’s hard to navigate in the city without a minimap. If you make the quest active and press F to open your Watch you will get an arrow on the floor that shows you where to go.

The Watch is kind of like a VATS for exploration and absolutely essential.

If you wanna explore get the perk that increases its range early because scanning things for the challenge to unlock higher perks don’t get counted retroactively.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
How is the thievery gameplay?

Bog Standard Beth Game.. the only unique thing here is that you actually need the skills to use them.. So at level 1 you can't sneak / pickpocket or pick locks.. you need to drop at least 3 skills, one in each - to do them. (Some starting backgrounds grant a skill in one or many of them for free though)

The lock picking game is fucking aids though. Like.. worst one they've ever done bad.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
lock picking minigame actually requires you to use your brain, it’s pretty good together with the persuasion minigame

the fact that you need to invest a skillpoint to be able to pickpocket etc. is pretty cool too. Liking the progression of character building (skills kind of improve by use like in Morrowind and Oblivion)

Self-Ejected

Bog Standard Beth Game.. the only unique thing here is that you actually need the skills to use them.. So at level 1 you can't sneak / pickpocket or pick locks.. you need to drop at least 3 skills, one in each - to do them. (Some starting backgrounds grant a skill in one or many of them for free though)

The lock picking game is fucking aids though. Like.. worst one they've ever done bad.
I agree on that lockpicking is awful

dsndo

Educated

What about targets? Is robbing stores viable? Do they shut down for the night? Are people's home accessible? Are there some homes wealthier than others? Can I skulk around on roofttops? I always felt that Bethesda had highly underrated thief gameplay.

mondblut

Arcane
It's literally designed to give niggers a boner.
Fixed that for ya. European women haven't looked like that prehistoric idol for 10,000+ years. This massive buffalo ass fetish / Africanization is a very new phenomenon propped up by (((propaganda))) and they general stupidity of an populace whose IQ is dropping faster than the panties of a 2 dollar crack whore on payday.

Show me a negro who wouldn't dump his shaqueefa for a white thot in a blink of an eye.

Negro women claim gold medals at the oppression olympics for a reason. Not even negro men want to be around them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom