Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lemming42

Arcane
One weird-ass thing I noticed in the soundtrack is that sometimes in the combat music, it plays what sounds like a little bit of "The Course" from UT99. LIterally the first three or four seconds:

Sounds out of place as fuck, especially contrasted with the fairly mundane nature of the rest of the music.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Holy shit, the combat in this game is truly terrible. At least on very hard, every enemy is a massive bullet sponge. I always end up dumping TWO 40 bullet magazines from an assault rifle just to kill one guy. Also, it's way too easy. Usually I only die because I forgot to use a healing item (there's no low health indicator, so you kind of drop dead suddenly if you don't pay attention to your health bar).
It picks up a little bit when you get better guns and can start blasting the sponges down in one or two hits.

If you do the Red Mile, you get a really good shotgun as a reward which I'm using to one-hit-kill enemies about four or five levels higher than me.
https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/303

No other Bethesda game had so many npcs cluttering the game hubs, making searching for quests a pain, added to it the lack of any map.

Turning the crowd density setting to low helps a bit.
Put mine on minimum, fuck the nigger whales, plus helps my fps.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Something that hit Obsidian when it comes to RPG design may be hitting Bethesda now.
That is somewhat unfair to Obsidian. They were making good but buggy games, mostly because their ambition outstripped their budgets but still the core of their games was always solid. Bethesda on the other hand has not made a genuinely good game since Oblivion and the quality of their output has been on a steady decline since.

Unfortunately when every game you make is a watered down version of the previous one eventually you reach a point where there is nothing left to water down. Bethesda simply reached that point and people just had enough of their bullshit.
I didn't mean to say they are hit by the same problem. My point is the level of complexity expected by the mainstream has moved past what they are able to provide, and they aren't adapting their formula.

Self-Ejected
First everyone complains Bethesda cities are too small and there aren't enough NPC's, now everyone complains they are too big and have too many NPC's, poor Todd can't win!

If only we could unravel the arcane secrets of the Ancients, forever lost in time...

MV5BZTJmOWYxNTQtZWFiZS00ZjgzLTljYzgtYTNlZDJmMjI3ZGRmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTY0MDIzNzM@._V1_.jpg
it was kept in the same data center as nasa's moon landing technology
The curious thong is Starfield act the same but instead of having a province map you have the galaxy. The randomly generated area are huge and looks very credible tho of course the main difference is that in daggerfall you had waaaaay more intensity of points of interest.
I am still early in the game so there is much stuff i have to see. I found a couple of interesting places just exploring around that were really good.

The game per se is far from perfect has issues in and there. The modding potential tho is huge.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This game features a quest that sends you as an outsourced beat cop, to a fancy restaurant to resolve a domestic violence case between two fags who were apparently engaged to marry. Fag 1 was cheating on Fag 2 with that same restaurant's waiter. So Fag 2 raised a scandal, the two fags actually scuffled, which must have been a drop funny scene in itself. After which Fag 2 up and left. Now Fag 1 is accusing Fag 2 of stealing the engagement ring he had given Fag 2, while Fag 2 maintains that the ring was a gift and he doesn't have to return it, while making plans to pawn it off and have a nice vacation with the money. :lol:

Quest is perfect so far. :lol: I'm waiting for the Kotaku article to "unpack" it and declare it problematic, and enforcing bigoted sterotypes about gay couples. :lol:

Security guard Machete answers the call. :lol:

Zariusz

Arbiter

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

This shit looks like a fucking prehistoric fertility idol, or atleast what we identify as one

201217152656-venus-figurines-theory-scn.jpg

Im mean, lol just look at one of these

291-1693603512-121244356.png

Its just artwork from cringy fetish VN.
Yeah but its just hilarious for me how works of modern degenerate fetishes look so close to those prehistoric figurines.

It's not a big surprise. Large thighs, thick ass and heaving titties have been the ideal female figure since time immemorial.

It's literally designed to give men a boner.

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
First everyone complains Bethesda cities are too small and there aren't enough NPC's, now everyone complains they are too big and have too many NPC's, poor Todd can't win!

If only we could unravel the arcane secrets of the Ancients, forever lost in time...

MV5BZTJmOWYxNTQtZWFiZS00ZjgzLTljYzgtYTNlZDJmMjI3ZGRmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTY0MDIzNzM@._V1_.jpg
The curious thong is Starfield act the same but instead of having a province map you have the galaxy. The randomly generated area are huge and looks very credible tho of course the main difference is that in daggerfall you had waaaaay more intensity of points of interest.
I am still early in the game so there is much stuff i have to see. I found a couple of interesting places just exploring around that were really good.

The game per se is far from perfect has issues in and there. The modding potential tho is huge.
658tsf.png

the mods will surelly fix it!

tastywaffles

Literate
I anticipated it to have a woke agenda, but if they wanted to incorporate Black women into their sci-fi setting, they could have done it differently instead of portraying them as stereotypical welfare-dependent mothers from Walmart :

0cce78cf1b870954d7a71b865b954c98.jpg
959mX3w.jpg
Great point. It is always good to keep in mind that things can always be worse. Let Nu-Trek's position as humanity's cultural gutter serve to humble us to our own lack of thanksgiving over the boon that is Starfield.

Jesus, I mean the Bethesdas games always had ugly looking NPCs but that's another level of ugly.

Maybe mods will fix it? :lol:
But any mods that fix NPCs by removing all the monkeys will get banned from Nexus. This should be great to watch.
Very simple to bypass, just that the modder will give you the option to remove whites.
You see some couch it in safe language, as in not removing Diversity, instead as giving players choice, but after American Krogan's mod, there is going to be less tolerance for such diversity, and a more watchful gaze by watchful gays.

Self-Ejected

658tsf.png

the mods will surelly fix it!
They will like they did with every beth game why you think people keep play skyrim?

Lemming42

Arcane
Uhh, critically important news here: I've just unlocked the systems targeting perk, which lets you disable specific systems of an enemy ship.

I disabled the engines of a random pirate and boarded them, only to discover they had a captive on board. There was no indication of this in the prior ship battle, and I would have blown them up. I already have blown countless ships like this up.

Get systems targeting ASAP and go for the engines or you're blowing up like a trillion hostages.

Fargus

Arcane

This shit looks like a fucking prehistoric fertility idol, or atleast what we identify as one

Yeah but its just hilarious for me how works of modern degenerate fetishes look so close to those prehistoric figurines.

It's not a big surprise. Large thighs, thick ass and heaving titties have been the ideal female figure since time immemorial.

I like natural looking thick bitches but prefer when they are at least proportional.

AwesomeButton

Patron

I like natural looking thick bitches but prefer when they are at least proportional.
Large thighs - check
Thick ass - check
Heaving titties - check

Fargus

Arcane

Large thighs - check
Thick ass - check
Heaving titties - check

She must be the reason why Pagliarulo lost weight after F3.

Self-Ejected

Large thighs - check
Thick ass - check
Heaving titties - check

She must be the reason why Pagliarulo lost weight after F3.
She stole his dinner?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom