Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zariusz

Arbiter
Yeah but its just hilarious for me how works of modern degenerate fetishes look so close to those prehistoric figurines.

It's not a big surprise. Large thighs, thick ass and heaving titties have been the ideal female figure since time immemorial.

It's literally designed to give men a boner.
Maybe in prehistoric times and in tribal societies but everything had certain purpose in that context, wider hips allowed for easier child birthing and big tits allowed to feed those children, elements of healthy and surviving society, of course that stuff is obvious but i believe these idols meant more "we want those", a hyperbole rather than being a sign of perfect female figure and we certainly cant say that about modern stuff. Of course im not saying that healthy ass, hips and tiddies were not preffered, that would be probably against the truth, its just that modern stuff is literal in its depiction of borderline deformation and that is just beyond my understanding.

mondblut

Arcane
The curious thong is Starfield act the same but instead of having a province map you have the galaxy. The randomly generated area are huge and looks very credible tho of course the main difference is that in daggerfall you had waaaaay more intensity of points of interest.

The main difference is that Daggerfall wasn't chock full of ugly fat niggers with uncanny stares.

My Steam friend list is full of people playing this

:shredder:

My steam friendlist is all playing armoured Core and BG3.. When I say friendlist I mean my Normie Control Group..
My entire friendslist right now is Counterstrike, Dota 2 & Rust, you aren't on my level of normie.

Im tempted to pick this game up, I'm craving some soulless AAA product, it's been a few years.

Self-Ejected
The curious thong is Starfield act the same but instead of having a province map you have the galaxy. The randomly generated area are huge and looks very credible tho of course the main difference is that in daggerfall you had waaaaay more intensity of points of interest.

The main difference is that Daggerfall wasn't chock full of ugly fat niggers with uncanny stares.
Oddly enough that issue is particular staggering only on new atlantis.

tastywaffles

Literate
watching these large companies (Blizzard, Ubishit, Bethesda) get torn apart by normies is the only way we'll ever get better games again.
it's still going to sell 15 million copies, so nothing has changed for the better. the next one is going to be even worse.
euEvnWB.jpg

Bethesda has crafted the perfect Netflix-grade game. Vapid inside, with a leathery brown exterior. An abortion so glaring that it barely registers as belonging of the medium it was crafted for. Their Diversity checklist was so large that there was no room for the part about making a fun game.

No wonder Microsoft wanted to delay it for year: they had a turd to polish (quest failed)! I can't imagine how much worse it used to be.

Self-Ejected
They will like they did with every beth game why you think people keep play skyrim?
For the shit/stupid sex mods
No that is not fully accurate beth game are moddable to an extent you can completely transform your gameplay and experience of cours sex mods is what people mostly mention because add to the omg scandaaal value. But there are a lot of fantastic mods for skyrim that are game changers.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I'd hope that this is the straw that breaks the camels back but most likely it'll still make a profit.

Lemming42

Arcane
This game starts to improve a lot after the first ten or so hours btw. Obviously that's utterly unreasonable, will prevent many people from ever enjoying the game, and makes the idea of replaying the game utterly horrific. But it does get better.

I'm still not seeing the mod potential here. There's just not the same kind of base to build on that Skyrim offered. Skyrim offered the basis for so many different types of things - a survival game, a fantasy life sim, a Soulslike game, or just good old Skyrim But Better/Vanilla+ type mods. See also: Daggerfall Unity, which has a vibrant and impressive modding scene thanks to the supreme potential offered by the game.

Starfield, it's much harder to imagine what modders could do with it. No matter how many mods you slap on it, it's gonna be the same big empty universe. Someone'll probably come up with ways to populate the empty procgen planets but I feel like we're in a Fo4 situation where most mods, barring total overhauls like Frost, will just be about minimising the annoyances of the vanilla game. I definitely don't think we're looking at the next Skyrim here, where people will still be actively modding it in incredible ways a decade later.

Self-Ejected
This game starts to improve a lot after the first ten or so hours btw. Obviously that's utterly unreasonable, will prevent many people from ever enjoying the game, and makes the idea of replaying the game utterly horrific. But it does get better.

I'm still not seeing the mod potential here. There's just not the same kind of base to build on that Skyrim offered. Skyrim offered the basis for so many different types of things - a survival game, a fantasy life sim, a Soulslike game, or just good old Skyrim But Better/Vanilla+ type mods. See also: Daggerfall Unity, which has a vibrant and impressive modding scene thanks to the supreme potential offered by the game.

Starfield, it's much harder to imagine what modders could do with it. No matter how many mods you slap on it, it's gonna be the same big empty universe. Someone'll probably come up with ways to populate the empty procgen planets but I feel like we're in a Fo4 situation where most mods, barring total overhauls like Frost, will just be about minimising the annoyances of the vanilla game. I definitely don't think we're looking at the next Skyrim here, where people will still be actively modding it in incredible ways a decade later.
Is it tho? I know people with amazing ideas for it all their are waiting for is the toolset. To tell you what it will be the first thing that they would release is a series of sceneries that could appear as you travel around. New buildings with quests tied in more varied space encounters and also a lot of more things i cant talk about. A friend of mine is doing a specific set of ship building parts in bleder already.

sosmoflux

Educated
They'll keep telling you "it gets better" but can't provide a single example about how or why
The game didn't get any better, you just became entagled in the mobile-game-grade progression loops and colorful paper doll itemization

Lemming42

Arcane
They'll keep telling you "it gets better" but can't provide a single example about how or why
- Better gear makes combat more fun
- Joining factions (I joined the Rangers) gives you a steady supply of decent quests
- The opening area is the most boring by far, all the other cities are better than New Atlantis, with far more interesting quests and characters
- As you upgrade your ship and character, you start to unlock more possibilities, such as disabling and boarding enemy ships

And so on and so forth

dsndo

Educated
What an utter shame that Bethesda has fallen into Larry Fink's grubby little paws. Skyrim was one of the few games that actually managed to pull off Diversity. Nords were dominant and everywhere because it was their province. The Dunmer minority was insular and lived in a ghetto where (the horror!) they were viewed with suspicion and hositility. Realistic and relatable. The jarls were also all Nords, no nonsensical Khajiit jarls for the sake of inclusion. Redguards were thankfully rare and their presence was explained by their sidequest. Sure, there may have been slightly too many female military officers and soldiers but at least the hagraven covens didn't have any trannies embedded in them making all the other hags uncomfortable and their dungeons unlootable.

The world made more sense back then, both virtual and material.

Robotigan

Learned
You're all such posers. You know for a fac
I mean, this is what Codex would say about every RPG. If you quit because the game takes too long to get going or the systems are too elaborate and obtuse, that just makes you a filthy casual.
Starfield, it's much harder to imagine what modders could do with it. No matter how many mods you slap on it, it's gonna be the same big empty universe.
When it comes to modding, the emptiness is an advantage because it means you have a lot more space both physically and conceptually to add stuff. The problem with Fallout 4 is that it was supposed to be a more intimate story with a voiced protagonist and dynamic camera angles and that's harder to insert stuff into because the story limits what makes sense. It's the same reason why Minecraft and Stardew Valley have loads of mods while a game with a dramatic narrative doesn't. The more heavy handed the story, the less appealing mods are because it feels like you're painting over a Mona Lisa instead of adding your own touch to a wall of graffiti.

Robotigan

Learned
What an utter shame that Bethesda has fallen into Larry Fink's grubby little paws. Skyrim was one of the few games that actually managed to pull off Diversity. Nords were dominant and everywhere because it was their province. The Dunmer minority was insular and lived in a ghetto where (the horror!) they were viewed with suspicion and hositility. Realistic and relatable. The jarls were also all Nords, no nonsensical Khajiit jarls for the sake of inclusion. Redguards were thankfully rare and their presence was explained by their sidequest. Sure, there may have been slightly too many female military officers and soldiers but at least the hagraven covens didn't have any trannies embedded in them making all the other hags uncomfortable and their dungeons unlootable.

The world made more sense back then, both virtual and material.
Based on current population projections Starfield has too few blacks if anything.

Lemming42

Arcane
Is it tho? I know people with amazing ideas for it all their are waiting for is the toolset. To tell you what it will be the first thing that they would release is a series of sceneries that could appear as you travel around. New buildings with quests tied in more varied space encounters and also a lot of more things i cant talk about. A friend of mine is doing a specific set of ship building parts in bleder already.
When it comes to modding, the emptiness is an advantage because it means you have a lot more space both physically and conceptually to add stuff. The problem with Fallout 4 is that it was supposed to be a more intimate story with a voiced protagonist and dynamic camera angles and that's harder to insert stuff into because the story limits what makes sense. It's the same reason why Minecraft and Stardew Valley have loads of mods while a game with a dramatic narrative doesn't. The more heavy handed the story, the less appealing mods are because it feels like you're painting over a Mona Lisa instead of adding your own touch to a wall of graffiti.
I'm struggling to think of what anyone could actually put in that space, though. You'd need to essentially design entire games from scratch - to make the procgen worlds interesting, you'd need to populate them with handmade settlements, NPCs, quests, etc. We're talking like, "Legacy of the Dragonborn" or "Moonpath to Elsweyr" level stuff, and that's for each moon and planet.

I suppose AI could provide increasingly interesting tools for modders to use on a game like this. But in terms of just straightforward mods that won't take years and require a massive team to make, Starfield doesn't seem to have much potential. I'd love to be proven wrong and for the game to be made into something fantastic within the next year, but I don't see it happening.

Self-Ejected
I'm struggling to think of what anyone could actually put in that space, though. You'd need to essentially design entire games from scratch - to make the procgen worlds interesting, you'd need to populate them with handmade settlements, NPCs, quests, etc. We're talking like, "Legacy of the Dragonborn" or "Moonpath to Elsweyr" level stuff, and that's for each moon and planet.

I suppose AI could provide increasingly interesting tools for modders to use on a game like this. But in terms of just straightforward mods that won't take years and require a massive team to make, Starfield doesn't seem to have much potential. I'd love to be proven wrong and for the game to be made into something fantastic within the next year, but I don't see it happening.
All you need to do is sit and wait i will predict when the toolset will be avaliable even after a month of release there will be amazing mods. Is a trend that keeps repeating.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom