Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ChildInTime

Savant
Most people aren't going to pre-order a 100$ deluxe edition from Bethesda. Wait until the 6th then all gonna be playing Starfield.
1vhbmpZ.gif

Reinhardt

Arcane

This shit looks like a fucking prehistoric fertility idol, or atleast what we identify as one

201217152656-venus-figurines-theory-scn.jpg

Im mean, lol just look at one of these

291-1693603512-121244356.png

Its just artwork from cringy fetish VN.
Yeah but its just hilarious for me how works of modern degenerate fetishes look so close to those prehistoric figurines.

It's not a big surprise. Large thighs, thick ass and heaving titties have been the ideal female figure since time immemorial.

It's literally designed to give niggers a boner.
Fixed that for ya. European women haven't looked like that prehistoric idol for 10,000+ years. This massive buffalo ass fetish / Africanization is a very new phenomenon propped up by (((propaganda))) and they general stupidity of an populace whose IQ is dropping faster than the panties of a 2 dollar crack whore on payday.
have you ever been in a museum? with pictures? you know - the place where wypepo culture from previous centuries stored?

Late Bloomer

Scholar
My Steam friend list is full of people playing this

:shredder:
Sounds just like release of Fallout 4. I think at that time someone posted their Codex list of Steam friends and most there played it :D
Most of my Steam friends are 'dexers so I checked and

Starfield:

Baldur's Gate 3:

Of course it could still be just my 'dexian friends, right? So I checked RPGCodex Steam group. Lots of people playing BG3 atm, no Starfield in sight.

So your friends are bestiality loving homsexuals getting their assholes stretched out by bears while jerking off some black warlock... got it.

Reinhardt

Arcane
First off, stores are completely empty, maybe some food on a desk but their wares are all in magic pocket plane dimensions..
so you mean another thing todd got absolutely correct about black populated areas? can this game be even more realistic?:shredder:

Rhobar121

Scholar
My Steam friend list is full of people playing this

:shredder:
Sounds just like release of Fallout 4. I think at that time someone posted their Codex list of Steam friends and most there played it :D
Most of my Steam friends are 'dexers so I checked and

Starfield:

Baldur's Gate 3:

Of course it could still be just my 'dexian friends, right? So I checked RPGCodex Steam group. Lots of people playing BG3 atm, no Starfield in sight.

So your friends are bestiality loving homsexuals getting their assholes stretched out by bears while jerking off some black warlock... got it.
Average Codex user

tritosine2k

Erudite
The way "NASApunk" got trotted out was already kinda frightening, like they realised the salvagepunk loop of F4 won't werk and they barely scratched that.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
https://www.nexusmods.com/news/14877

The first version of Starfield Community Patch is up! Fixes fixes
Misplaced objects
Script errors
Inconsistencies in item properties
Faulty missions/quests
Game-breaking exploits
Missing attributes (such as tags, header flags, etc.)
Spelling/localisation errors

... pretty good, huh? But wait, what... what is this in the news?!

Is this from the same team that made the Unofficial Patches for Skyrim and Fallout 4?

That's a bit of a complicated question, but the shortest answer is "No". When setting up this project the Unofficial Patch team were consulted and invited to contribute but there have been no confirmed plans for them to be involved. The Unofficial Patch team deserve the utmost respect for the work they've put into the Elder Scrolls and Fallout patches over the years and they would absolutely be welcome to be a part of the Starfield Community Patch project.

Seems like most previous Bethesda modders don't want to touch this turd :lol:

Kiste

Augur
Has there been word on a denegrification mod yet?

While I am not as much of a completely fucked in the head racist as most Codexers, it does begin to bother me that there are packs of nogs absolutely everywhere, who are shuffling about morosely and are eyeing me threateningly.

What would be really cool and actually improve immersion would be a mod that would reduce the chance of nigs and other undesirables in the nice parts of the city while boosting it in the shithole parts of town like The Well or Ebbside.

Last edited:

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
why are you guys staying in New Atlantis all the time? Go out there and explore, the niggers are only the the city for some reason.

It's a valid criticsm but overblown by people who don't play the game.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I'm looking at the skill tree for totally not dragonborn skills... and I swear someone just got tired of making names for these:

1693720321678.png

Goddamn it, just use ChatGPT at this point.

Kiste

Augur
why are you guys staying in New Atlantis all the time? Go out there and explore, the niggers are only the the city for some reason.

It's a valid criticsm but overblown by people who don't play the game.

There are just as many of them in Neon.

ChildInTime

Savant
I'm looking at the skill tree for totally not dragonborn skills... and I swear someone just got tired of making names for these:

View attachment 40816

Goddamn it, just use ChatGPT at this point.
ChatGPT will unironically do a better job at it, lol. I remember someone posting that awful speech from the hag love interest lady - Sarah or something, and then running it through AI, which rephrased the whole thing much better than the 'writers' at Bethesda.

Vic

Savant
I decided to tackle the procedurally generated dungeons. So the way this works is that most planets have structures on them you can either directly land on or just discover while walking around the planet. Some of the POIs are going to be abandoned factories and somesuch with enemies (think like the abandoned buildings in Fallout 4 with raiders). And they will have random loot. Now so far I have to say that the proc gen'd dungeons look pretty good, I saw some errors of objects being generated floating in the air but for the most part they are pretty decent.

Quite a few of these locations have also randomly generated quests that can point to a hidden base on another planet etc. I would give the dungeon-delving a 6/10 considering that it is all generated by an algorithm. So you get a lot of dungeons to explore (infinte dungeons?) and loot to collect, but the trade-off is that it's all pretty much generic.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I decided to tackle the procedurally generated dungeons. So the way this works is that most planets have structures on them you can either directly land on or just discover while walking around the planet. Some of the POIs are going to be abandoned factories and somesuch with enemies (think like the abandoned buildings in Fallout 4 with raiders). And they will have random loot. Now so far I have to say that the proc gen'd dungeons look pretty good, I saw some errors of objects being generated floating in the air but for the most part they are pretty decent.

Quite a few of these locations have also randomly generated quests that can point to a hidden base on another planet etc. I would give the exploration and dungeon-exploring a 6/10 considering that it is all generated by an algorithm. So you get a lot of dungeons to explore (infinte dungeons?) and loot to collect, but the trade-off is that it's all pretty much generic.

Have you gone into ones marked "cave" ? What is your experience with their layouts?

Rhobar121

Scholar

Quite a few of these locations have also randomly generated quests that can point to a hidden base on another planet etc. I would give the dungeon-delving a 6/10 considering that it is all generated by an algorithm. So you get a lot of dungeons to explore (infinte dungeons?) and loot to collect, but the trade-off is that it's all pretty much generic.
Todd delete your account you're not fooling anyone.

Vic

Savant

Quite a few of these locations have also randomly generated quests that can point to a hidden base on another planet etc. I would give the exploration and dungeon-exploring a 6/10 considering that it is all generated by an algorithm. So you get a lot of dungeons to explore (infinte dungeons?) and loot to collect, but the trade-off is that it's all pretty much generic.

Have you gone into ones marked "cave" ? What is your experience with their layouts?
The caves are pretty boring, they usually contain a "chest" which is a huge pile of dung (seriously) that can contain some good loot, and they might have rare resources not otherwise found on the planet. From the layout, the caves I've seen had been very small, so not much to write about.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
The caves are pretty boring, they usually contain a "chest" which is a huge pile of dung (seriously) that can contain some good loot, and they might have rare resources not otherwise found on the planet. From the layout, the caves I've seen had been very small, so not much to write about.

Ok, so it's the same for you. I was pretty bummed out as I enjoy cave delving.

Vyvian

Educated

There's something poetic about digging around in piles of shit but I'm not smart enough to figure it out.
You had to do that in Fallout 76 as well.

Vic

Savant

There's something poetic about digging around in piles of shit but I'm not smart enough to figure it out.
You had to do that in Fallout 76 as well.
stop talking to me whore

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom