Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AlwaysBrotoMen

Educated
10/10 Starfield New Glitches to exploit

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Do the ships that sometimes fly overhead have any meaning or gameplay relevance? I was on a totally abandoned world which was said to be uncontacted for years and saw a ship taking off. Went prancing back to the USS Lemming42 to give chase only to find nothing in orbit. Landed on the surface to have a look around and found no signs of the ship's visit. I'd assume it was a special scripted event if not for the fact it's happened a few times now.

I did head into orbit once and find a random event ship (a teacher taking kids on an outer-space school trip who needed repair parts), but I don't think it was the same ship I saw take off, and was instead a Fo3 style random event that was picked from a pool.

You can steal them.

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
At the very least, is limb damage a factor?

No limb damage. :negative:

There sort of is.

You can take damage conditions based on what you are exposed to that doesn't just go away with healing. You need a specific recovery item or a visit to a doctor. Things like lung damage, broken/dislocated limb, disease, etc... And you get them based on the type of damage and how you got it. Fall damage can result in a broken limb while breathing in poisonous gas causes lung damage.

FugueLah

Scholar
The game has been fun in an autistic kind of way. I maxed out pickpocket/security and have been stealing as many credits as I can. Managed to get to 280k which allowed me to buy that 27 energy Class B in Atlantis. Now, it's time for piracy. The only Beth game I have played is Skyrim and the similarities are quite clear. It's a sandbox/RPG-lite where the most fun comes from exploiting the engine as much as you can.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Doesn't matter where you go, there will always be some "abandoned outpost" or whatever that isn't actually abandoned. Sure makes it feel like an unexplored galaxy out there.

My god, everything about this is so low effort. The UI, the graphics, the shooting, the voice acting, everything.
This was a huge issue with No Man's Sky. It destroys every sense of being a pioneer breaking new ground when every planet already has infrastructure and ships on it. You weren't an explorer, you were just showing up later than everybody else. I'm hoping in Starfield it becomes less common as you move away from the settled systems.

Aphex81

Scholar
If you bought the $100 edition you can refund the game at any time before the official launch. Tons of people played through the game and are now refunding. Imagine being poor lol, you have to pay full price, 5 days late and no refunds.

Takamori

Learned
Yeah glad I just watched the mine explode my Todd sense tingled. Now I'm just seeing people realizing they were scammed into Todd sweet little lies thats why you do 3 day early access at max so people don't have time to feel they got scammed.

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
If you bought the $100 edition you can refund the game at any time before the official launch. Tons of people played through the game and are now refunding. Imagine being poor lol, you have to pay full price, 5 days late and no refunds.

Imagine being a dumb fuck and not knowing the refund conditions:
  • You have not played the game for more than 2 hours.
  • No more than 14 days have passed since the date of purchase.
Imagine being a dumb fuck who paid 100 bucks just to play it under 2h when you had the torrents option

Aphex81

Scholar
Imagine being a dumb fuck and not torrent-ing it in the first place.

The game is considered early access and you can refund at any time before the official release retard.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I have not thought about it this way, damn under these circumstances I could have actually tried it.

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
Imagine being a dumb fuck and not torrent-ing it in the first place.

The game is considered early access and you can refund at any time before the official release retard.
Thanks retard. I did not know this but knowing Bethesda if a large number of people ask for refunds they will suspend it.
My point about torrenting it still stands. The patches and mods will improve the game while you played the shittiest version. You'll end up purchasing it again lilke a moron.

mondblut

Arcane
This was a huge issue with No Man's Sky. It destroys every sense of being a pioneer breaking new ground when every planet already has infrastructure and ships on it. You weren't an explorer, you were just showing up later than everybody else.

Well, what else do you expect to discover in the middle of the big fucking cosmos? "Whoa, this uncharted piece of rock has 3% more helium than the last 10 lifeless pieces of rock I've mapped before"? Much discovery, very pioneer.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Thanks retard. I did not know this but knowing Bethesda if a large number of people ask for refunds they will suspend it.
My point about torrenting it still stands. The patches and mods will improve the game while you played a shitty version. You'll end up purchasing it again lilke a moron.

He is making a valid point, why so aggressive?

As if Steam would suspend refunds for the retardation of Bethesda, if this get's exploited it will just not happen next time around

Aphex81

Scholar
They can't suspend it because it is steams policy. Lot's of people are refunding the $100 as we speak and the $70 plebs are pissed off.

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
They can't suspend it because it is steams policy. Lot's of people are refunding the $100 as we speak and the $70 plebs are pissed off.
This will create a shit storm and i can see Bethesda raising the price from 70 to 100 to make it fair for all the stans :)

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
photomode-04092023-160305.png
One thing that's got me laughing in Cyberpunk while walking around the city is the amount of typical-typical Polish girl faces. You know the kind if you've ever been to Poland, you can't mistake them. The one on the right here is a good example, but I've seen even more classic ones, I think outside of the Mox' bar.

Developers tend to make NPCs similar to people around them, hence potatoes make potato faces like above

Russians make Russian
Patho-3-2.jpg

Brits make British
image.png

and Americans make American
uff5iou3cnlb1.png

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Someone on Starfield Steam forums recommended me this instead:

Might actually be worth checking out.

Cancer Clancy

Literate

There were a couple knuckleheads in this thread earlier talking about how the Crimson Fleet faction is actually well done. Please explain yourselves.

If this faction is what i think it is why would the faction leader be open about who's she's in a relationship with to a total stranger? This would paint her lover as a target for either assassination or being taken hostage. Secondly, why the hell are they telegraphing their relationship quirks and status to a total stranger? This is dogshit writing.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
ok so i torrented this. in the intro poc lady bosses me arround and the white dweeb behind her reminds me about her One Simple Rule - "do as the boss lady says". i remember playing outer worlds years ago and it also started with a sassy sheboon. big yikes so far.

i tried to shoot her with mining laser but beam just noclips through her model :hahano:
She is a miner foreman. What do you expect going from that premise :)

I work in programming. Women there are more assertive than men, if they are any good, and timid if they suck at the job. Men are usually dorks when competent, or typical zoomers with illusions of grandeur when incompetent. I wouldn't say Lin is unrealistic as a character, give her some time. :)

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Has anyone tried any melee focused combat?
Did they improve that aspect or is it still just bonk or punch?
Not very fun so far, but I'm only lvl 7. I need more weapon variety. The rescue axe and two types of knife is all I've seen so far.

AwesomeButton

Patron
omg, this Sam Cole guy's writing. "Let's talk business...", "It's rough country..." This is Obsidian-level drivel. A waste of a good voice actor.
You are a pathetic retard with an agenda. You find a way to complain about the one white dude. Not the homosexual black guy. Not the saccharin sweet mommy who talks like you are special needs student. Not the mutt Andreja with a voice like nails on a chalkboard. Not the beat up old mongolid Lin who nags and demans you. No no, you want to shit on the white dude. For being normal. Go fuck yourself, freak.

Has anyone tried any melee focused combat?
Did they improve that aspect or is it still just bonk or punch?

The combat, while similar to Fallout 4, is worse. That includes melee. Everything feels lighter, less grounded. Someone made a good analogy earlier. It's like the guns are all airsofts. No gore, no vats, no limbs being shot off, no heads explode. The same applies to melee. It feels like you are swinging a wiffle bat, or a retractable blade. Very light, very unsatisfying. It's pretty bad.
You are being a deluded moron. This forum suffers from too many internet tough guys per square meter. I cannot and will not take you seriously, get over it, retards.

Again, Pavlov's dog reflex. Sees one comment I make, initial impression of the character's writing (because I can make a difference between character and writer) after my first conversation with a fictional character -> concludes I have an agenda to destroy Western civilization.

Get off the internet dumbfuck. Spend some time outside, take some air. You are not thinking clearly.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom