Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Moink

Cipher
"hey let's fly over in our starship to this planet on this remote solar system and hit them with sticks and knives!"

get some lasers bitch, knives are last resort
Lasers sucks, see this video for proof:

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Rusty is having a mental breakdown, I think.
He is shilling for Starfield so much, that he calls Morrowind : " Trannywind" .
rpg.hq in full coping mode.
He fell for the tranny and cannot cope with the fact.

image.png
The copium levels are over 9000!

So in Morrowind when a guy clones himself to make a woman it's trannywind.

But in Starfield there's no evidence because *heavy mouth breathing starts*

ok rusty_shackleford site admin of rpghq.net

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
"hey let's fly over in our starship to this planet on this remote solar system and hit them with sticks and knives!"

get some lasers bitch, knives are last resort
No.
I want to prove the power of Kung Fu over pussy guns and lasers.
I don’t care how many times you’re gonna mention your slutty pussy I’m touching that with a 10 foot pole

tastywaffles

Literate
I feel like "NASApunk" was the biggest conceptual misstep of this entire product. Why deliberately go for something so sterile and dull? Pulp science fiction is a treasure trove of exciting aesthetics that nobody has really exploited in a AAA video game.

iu

iu

iu

Hell, even just doing a Jetsons RPG would be incredible. I just don't understand this """"creative"""" decision.

iu
https://www.thegamer.com/starfield-what-is-nasapunk/
fAGjceX.jpg
You can be a cop in Starfield. I don’t know why you would roleplay in the galaxy’s most boring occupation rather than being, say, a space pirate, but you can be a cop. There is no job in the world, or indeed the entire universe, more antithetical to the punk spirit than joining the law enforcement authorities. But sure, make the rich richer and the powerful more powerful and make sure every struggling citizen tows the line or they’ll feel your wrath in this NASApunk story.
An executive producer at a huge corporation can’t tell me if something is going to be punk or not, let alone one who is trying to sell me his £70 video game. I’ll decide that myself.
Who are you to tell me what is punk or not? You're not my dad!

https://www.thegamer.com/starfield-cop-no-hope/
Someone will try to stop me, I assume. That would be the cops. It was previously revealed that you could play Starfield as a cop, an insider on a pirate vessel leaking information to the authorities. That’s fine, I’ll need an enemy in my playthrough, but I can’t for the life of me understand why anyone would play as a cop in their game.
Ben Sledge seems like a totally mentally sound individual. But is he punk? I don't think so.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
Just from looking at the screenshots in this thread, this game has the largest amount of $currentyear looking characters out of any recent release. It's insane.

This was apparently his real trigger.

Somehow I feel many Codex users would want their own sex-swapped clone.

BRO ARE YOU A SCI FI FAN!!?

HEINLIEN WROTE ABOUT HAVING A THREESOME WITH CLONED DAUGHTERS THAN GOING BACK IN TIME AND FUCKING HIS MOM

FOR MONOCLED CODEXERS JUST FUCKING ONE SEX SWAPPED CLONE IS BEGINNERS LEVEL DEGENERACY

Lemming42

Arcane
Alright, I want Andreja and Barrett on my ship. But it's full, and the deadweight is some guy with a trucker cap I hired in a bar on New Atlantis.

I can't find a way to get him to leave my service other than to assign him to an outpost. I don't have any outposts. So... I built one.

KklwWjT.jpg

Trucker Cap Guy will now sit here, alone, forever, at this stupid purposeless desk in the middle of the forest. I am so sorry, Trucker Cap Guy. As soon as I get a bigger ship, I will be back for you. Definitely.

EDIT: Hahahaha poor bastard
Zw9LwOy.png

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Alright, I want Andreja and Barrett on my ship. But it's full, and the deadweight is some guy with a trucker cap I hired in a bar on New Atlantis.

I can't find a way to get him to leave my service other than to assign him to an outpost. I don't have any outposts. So... I built one.

KklwWjT.jpg

Trucker Cap Guy will now sit here, alone, forever, at this stupid purposeless desk in the middle of the forest. I am so sorry, Trucker Cap Guy. As soon as I get a bigger ship, I will be back for you. Definitely.#

EDIT: Hahahaha poor bastard
Zw9LwOy.png

You lack the balls to dispose of him properly.

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
ok so i torrented this. in the intro poc lady bosses me arround and the white dweeb behind her reminds me about her One Simple Rule - "do as the boss lady says". i remember playing outer worlds years ago and it also started with a sassy sheboon. big yikes so far.

i tried to shoot her with mining laser but beam just noclips through her model :hahano:

Congratulations on playing the first 5 minutes of the game, I guess.

If you have already decided that you aren't going to like it, or at least decided you are going to pretend to not like it on the codex so people think you are cool, that is probably the opinion you are going to have.

What were you expecting would happen by the way? That you would immediately get in a fight with all the NPCs in the tutorial game and that you would get a game over? Or did you expect them to write an alternate plot to the game where you are someone who just mass murders NPCs that are part of the main plot (or side plots)?

While it was laudable that New Vegas was written in such a way that you could still complete it (although would miss a lot of content) if you just murder every NPC you see, almost no game does that. Because it is a lot of work to try to accommodate someone that isn't really interested in playing the game you are making. That is why most developers just make it so you aren't able to attack important NPCs or else to make it so they can't be killed and they don't react to you attacking them.

Lemming42

Arcane
No!!! I can't switch companions until I've married Sarah! The game physically won't let me!

So, in the middle of a tense assignment, I've jetted off to the "Paradiso" resort to meet my soon-to-be mother-in-law. But she's bugged. She's just locked in place, staring at me.

This may well be Todd's magnum opus.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
No!!! I can't switch companions until I've married Sarah! The game physically won't let me!

So, in the middle of a tense assignment, I've jetted off to the "Paradiso" resort to meet my soon-to-be mother-in-law. But she's bugged. She's just locked in place, staring at me.

This may well be Todd's magnum opus.
Do you regret:d1p:?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom