Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Doesn't matter where you go, there will always be some "abandoned outpost" or whatever that isn't actually abandoned. Sure makes it feel like an unexplored galaxy out there.

Just like NMS then, such a shame. Not that I had any expectations but still a disappoinment.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Doesn't matter where you go, there will always be some "abandoned outpost" or whatever that isn't actually abandoned. Sure makes it feel like an unexplored galaxy out there.

My god, everything about this is so low effort. The UI, the graphics, the shooting, the voice acting, everything.

The "HUEG GALAXY TO EXPLORE" reminds me a lot of Mass Effect 2. Except instead of Geths everywhere you have one of 5 identical-looking spacesuit wearing NPCs.

What makes it even more bizarre and jarring is the totally abandoned Earth that no one even talks about. Oh yeah sure, our homeworld is completely fucked yet we still survive in colonies and never go there, try to rebuild anything or even talk about it, nothing to see here move along sir.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Umm, what's the point of levels in this game? I am level 16 and can easily kill level 65 aliens that give me like 75-100+ xp per kill

Starfield-9-4-2023-9-02-45-PM.png

edit: even killed a level 85 just now, tho he had a bit more hp.
Itemization is also kind of weird. Had a pistol which does 12 damage per shot and trying to kill anything with it was a hassle, took 3+ full magazines to kill an enemy of my level.
The next pistol I found (common rarity) does... 250 damage per shot and one-shots most enemies of my level and below.
Feels nice though.

jaydee2k

Savant
This game breaks with a tradition from Bethesda.... Creating hand crafted open worlds that are good for hiking adventures. The only thing they ever did quite good. Their rpg elements were shit in any of their games. What remains? A pile of boring shit.
Abandoned the game after 5 hours, fell asleep one time to often.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Umm, what's the point of levels in this game? I am level 16 and can easily kill level 65 aliens that give me like 75-100+ xp per kill

Itemization is also kind of weird. Had a pistol which does 12 damage per shot and trying to kill anything with it was a hassle, took 3+ full magazines to kill an enemy of my level.
The next pistol I found (common rarity) does... 250 damage per shot and one-shots most enemies of my level and below.
Feels nice though.
I revised my statement. Wildlife is not supposed to be a challenge. They’re just like cattle.

And yes loot is randomized like in all looter shooters.

Vic

Savant
This game breaks with a tradition from Bethesda.... Creating hand crafted open worlds that are good for hiking adventures. The only thing they ever did quite good. Their rpg elements were shit in any of their games. What remains? A pile of boring shit.
Abandoned the game after 5 hours, fell asleep one time to often.
stop whining bitch

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Just reached the alleged transgender character. It doesn't seem to be an allegory for transgender stuff at all:

mi3l0Bq.png

She's part of a program intended to make supersoldiers using the genes of this one guy, mixed with new genetic material. There were lots of other "clones" in the program too (male and female), all made by combining new genetic material with the DNA of the original dude. The story hook is that the man who's genetics were used as the base for her and the other "clone" soldiers was a war criminal, and she feels uncomfortable that she was designed to share some of his mental traits. Player can say:

wT1yOmg.png
Regarding "le Tranny":
1. Is it a tranny if it was born a woman, XX chromosomes?
2. If you answered the previous question affirmatively, does you having sex with a woman (XX chromosomes) constitute having sex with a tranny, because one of the X chromosomes came from a man?
3.What sense does it make to genetically engineer female soldiers, given that they have lower pain treshold, lower physical strength, etc., qualities that make them less fit for active combat?

Am I reading too much into it?

Modron

Arcane
Feels nice though.
It just works okay? Stop asking questions.

Vic

Savant
there are 100x less trannies in Starfield than in BG3

Starfield is as woke as previous Bethesda games with the exception of asking for pronouns in character creation, but nowadays you have to have that. But it should be easy to remove that with a mod.

FugueLah

Scholar
My best gun so far is a 140 damage Advanced Razorback that I looted off the first tutorial planet.

Vic

Savant
My best gun so far is a 140 damage Advanced Razorback that I looted off the first tutorial planet.
and how many hours are you in?

And do you kill enemies or do exploration, resource gathering etc.?

Because there is a shit ton of loot that the game throws at you, if you clear out a base or two you’ll get at least an epic weapon and other shit.

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron

Feels nice though.
Pack Cagebrain. I see the developers named an enemy after themselves.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Feels nice though.

It's one more game where rarity coloring makes no sense. At lvl 7 I have two legendary weapons, one epic pistol, but I'm mostly using a laser rifle at mid range because it does the best damage.

The rebelance mod that makes everything go down faster will likely improve the combat experience a lot, as enemies are just too spongy at this time.

The weapon that "feels" best for me is a modded Maelstrom rifle, but I never have enough ammo for it because I only gather ammo from looting, and it needs too much to kill a single bad guy.

One of my legendaries is an axe that has a chance to send enemies into frenzy on hit. It feels especially bloodthirsty finishing off crawling enemies with it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom