Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Hellraiser

Arcane
nWdw8Np.png

Why is this turd 85USD?
It's not. It's $55 for standard and $80 for premium, no tax. You're welcome.
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/starfield-pc/

He's right, on potato steam with VAT it is 84,41 USD at the current exchange rate. Cuntsole wokebox version is probably cheaper.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Well it certainly looks more interesting than Avowed. I can say that for a fucking fact.
Yeah, even simply in artstyle. Avowed looks bland af, everything looks so generic without character, like an upscalled modern indieshit. I felt like they just ported armor models from Deadfire, fuck maybe even from PoE 1, and tbh i liked how most of it looked in Deadfire so either they fucked up something or perspective makes a lot of work.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Just look at all these pathetic consumers in this thread. Showing interest in a new game for no other reason than it being a new game.

There are decades worth of better games behind you that you can pick up and play at any time, no internet connection required. No DLC bullshit to deal with or day one patches. But you'd rather wade against the grain while worshipping the developers and publishers like they are gods. All because they served you up a new plate of undercooked SLOP.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Jokes aside, i can at least believe that she will try to play this once, on the other side this one looks like she was hauled there unwillingly either from finance or marketing department or if Todd personally harassed some dev to make him bring his mom to work for that presentation, even her talk about taking other peoples things and hoarding sandwiches sounded for me like some marketing for the le reddit crowd.
khK4veS.png

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Wannabe tom selleck and the cenobite with the nose ridge piercing, confirm my bias that all AAA game developers are filled with mental illness and pedophiles.

Anyways, it looked interesting but the frame rate doesn't even look like it manages a stable 30, performance will make this a shit show to play.

Drakortha

Liturgist
"wow, just look at all the features! it's 25 years in the making! It's HUGE!"

You total fools. Quantity is not indicative of quality. It never was and never will be.

Best case scenario this game is just an oceans worth of mediocrity, where even when looked at as more than a sum of it's parts, falls short of it's promises. But this will get handwaved away by the fanboys who will claim they could play this turd for months on end and never run out of mediocre shit to do. And that's awesome! BECAUSE to them, Quantity of dumb shit = quality shit.

Because like a bunch of fucking children you can throw them in a play-pen with a pile of toys to distract them and their needs are taken care of. That is how Bethesda & Microsoft see you, and will treat you as such. Like a bunch of dumb children to entertain with dull shit.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Also is it only me or this new Adoring fan has quite dead looking eyes, damn even eyes of the Oblivion one looked more lively, though you can never be sure if gameplay from a Bethesda game wasn't modded. Unless the gimmick is that nuAdoring fan is some kind of a psycho rather than annoying doofus.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Yeah, even simply in artstyle. Avowed looks bland af, everything looks so generic without character, like an upscalled modern indieshit. I felt like they just ported armor models from Deadfire, fuck maybe even from PoE 1, and tbh i liked how most of it looked in Deadfire so either they fucked up something or perspective makes a lot of work.
Obsidian going the way of Arkane. You heard it here first.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Jokes aside, i can at least believe that she will try to play this once, on the other side this one looks like she was hauled there unwillingly either from finance or marketing department or if Todd personally harassed some dev to make him bring his mom to work for that presentation, even her talk about taking other peoples things and hoarding sandwiches sounded for me like some marketing for the le reddit crowd.
khK4veS.png
She's one of the producers. I thought she was a great addition to offset the lineup of kind of samey game devs. The voice of a player who screws around to build a stack of 1000 sandwiches and make a spaceship in the shape of a flamingo instead of taking it all so seriously.
Let's not pretend she doesn't represent a ton of Codex screw-offs. (Are you one? Be honest with yourself, you probably are one.)

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also is it only me or this new Adoring fan has quite dead looking eyes, damn even eyes of the Oblivion one looked more lively, though you can never be sure if gameplay from a Bethesda game wasn't modded. Unless the gimmick is that nuAdoring fan is some kind of a psycho rather than annoying doofus.
He looks like he's on quaaludes. Simple cocaine would suit him better I think but eh close enough.

Zariusz

Arbiter
She's one of the producers. I thought she was a great addition to offset the lineup of kind of samey game devs. The voice of a player who screws around to build a stack of 1000 sandwiches and make a spaceship in the shape of a flamingo instead of taking it all so seriously.
Let's not pretend she doesn't represent a ton of Codex screw-offs. (Are you one? Be honest with yourself, you probably are one.)
Nah im more of a:i waste tens of hours downloading shitton of mods for more immersive mechanics, new armors, quests and new lands, then waste more hours trying to make all of it work and when i finally launch it properly i play it for an hour or two and i forget about all of it for half a year or more.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
What's the occasion?

We're inviting all the important people from around the galaxy. That's why we want you to come.

Will my father be there this time?

You mean the middle-aged guy?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom