Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Yes, but when modders interest move to Starfield, Skyrim became museum.Living, full of people, but still museum.

This didn't happen when Fallout 4 came out.. there's no reason to expect it for Starfield either.
I'm not even sure if Elder Scrolls 6 will do it. ( a lot of Skyrim Modders, never moved to new games, they left modding altogether)

Starfield is not Fallout 4, in game scale, marketing or pumped hype.

Yea it seems worse..
Falllout 76 really took the wind out of Bethesda's sails.

And that's why they sold themselves to Microsoft. For resources on hype. With hype you have everything, just like Cyberpunk 2077 show us all.

RPS didn't get a code either. lolaeiou

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/our-starfield-review-is-going-to-be-a-little-late

You may have heard a little game called Starfield is coming out soon, and that its review embargo is due to lift later this week. Alas, RPS' review won't be among them, as we haven't received code yet.

I'm not gonna lie. This isn't the first time RPS have been in this situation regarding review code. After all, no game developer or publisher is obliged to provide us with a copy of their game ahead of release, and there have been a couple of times even since I took over editorship of the Treehouse two years ago where we've found ourselves similarly short of code while other outlets received them yonks ago. But given the high profile nature of Starfield's release, it's important that we're upfront with you, our readers, about what this means for our coverage of it.

Like our friends at Eurogamer, RPS weren't included in the initial round of review codes that went out to other UK outlets. This batch went out around two weeks ago, and we've spent the better part of that time trying to rectify things with Bethesda.

Unfortunately at time of writing, we've still yet to receive code from them. I've been told by Bethesda we can expect it "soon", which I hope means in the next day or so. But given that, by their own admission, Starfield is both "irresponsibly large" and "doesn't even really get going" until after the main quest 130 hours in, there's simply no possible way we'd be able to bring you our usual in-depth critique of the game in time for the embargo.

As a result, our review will be arriving a little later than everyone else's. The plan is still to publish it as soon as we're able to do so, but we're also going to take our time with it and give it the attention it deserves. In the meantime, the rest of the team will (hopefully) be writing about Starfield in much the same way as we did for Baldur's Gate 3, bringing you shorter and more observational posts about the things we've encountered during our playthroughs while our reviewer gets on with the business of playing the damn thing.

(And if the thought of reading yet more Starfield posts has just made you groan inwardly with cries of "Spam!" and "Hype!" on the tip of your tongue, please try to allay those fears with the thought of this instead: another thing I'd like to do this month is create a space on the site to celebrate other great space games we've enjoyed over the years as well - just to remind you that, yes, Starfield isn't the be all and end all when it comes to epic, galactic space operas, so please do keep your eyes peeled for that over the coming weeks).

The same applies to our guides coverage. You'll still see some guides from us on launch day, as we've been working with a couple of US-based freelancers who have had much more readily available access to the game than we've had here in the UK, but the bulk of our usual expert advice will also be arriving later than planned, once we've had a chance to properly put it through its paces.

I wish things had turned out differently for what's arguably one of the biggest PC games of the year, but there you have it. Hopefully you'll join us for the journey ahead, even if we're a little slow to get off the ground.

Late Bloomer

Scholar

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/our-starfield-review-is-going-to-be-a-little-late

Unfortunately at time of writing, we've still yet to receive code from them. I've been told by Bethesda we can expect it "soon", which I hope means in the next day or so. But given that, by their own admission, Starfield is both "irresponsibly large" and "doesn't even really get going" until after the main quest 130 hours in, there's simply no possible way we'd be able to bring you our usual in-depth critique of the game in time for the embargo.

Good lord, the entitlement. Heaven forbid they might have to buy a copy. The horror! Get the premium edition and play with the rest of the commoners tomorrow.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

Good lord, the entitlement. Heaven forbid they might have to buy a copy. The horror! Get the premium edition and play with the rest of the commoners tomorrow.
It's not about getting the game for free, it's about being able to publish a review when the game is released and people are interested in reading about it.

Seems like MS is only giving keys to the biggest shills in the industry in order to maximize the metacritic score on release day. Infinitron have you received a Starfield review key by any chance?

Ulysa

Scholar

The amount of retarded reviews we going to see tomorrow complaining because you cannot fuck an alien, be an hermaphrodite or have green skin, will serve as an example as to why Bethesda shouldn't give any fucking code.

You may have heard a little game called Starfield is coming out soon, and that its review embargo is due to lift later this week. Alas, RPS' review won't be among them, as we haven't received code yet.

I'm not gonna lie. This isn't the first time RPS have been in this situation regarding review code. After all, no game developer or publisher is obliged to provide us with a copy of their game ahead of release, and there have been a couple of times even since I took over editorship of the Treehouse two years ago where we've found ourselves similarly short of code while other outlets received them yonks ago. But given the high profile nature of Starfield's release, it's important that we're upfront with you, our readers, about what this means for our coverage of it.

Like our friends at Eurogamer, RPS weren't included in the initial round of review codes that went out to other UK outlets. This batch went out around two weeks ago, and we've spent the better part of that time trying to rectify things with Bethesda.

As a result, our review will be arriving a little later than everyone else's. The plan is still to publish it as soon as we're able to do so, but we're also going to take our time with it and give it the attention it deserves. In the meantime, the rest of the team will (hopefully) be writing about Starfield in much the same way as we did for Baldur's Gate 3, bringing you shorter and more observational posts about the things we've encountered during our playthroughs while our reviewer gets on with the business of playing the damn thing.

(And if the thought of reading yet more Starfield posts has just made you groan inwardly with cries of "Spam!" and "Hype!" on the tip of your tongue, please try to allay those fears with the thought of this instead: another thing I'd like to do this month is create a space on the site to celebrate other great space games we've enjoyed over the years as well - just to remind you that, yes, Starfield isn't the be all and end all when it comes to epic, galactic space operas, so please do keep your eyes peeled for that over the coming weeks).

The same applies to our guides coverage. You'll still see some guides from us on launch day, as we've been working with a couple of US-based freelancers who have had much more readily available access to the game than we've had here in the UK, but the bulk of our usual expert advice will also be arriving later than planned, once we've had a chance to properly put it through its paces.

I wish things had turned out differently for what's arguably one of the biggest PC games of the year, but there you have it. Hopefully you'll join us for the journey ahead, even if we're a little slow to get off the ground.
Pete Hines hates the cucks working in games journalism these days. And who can blame him?

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity

The amount of retarded reviews we going to see tomorrow complaining because you cannot fuck an alien, be an hermaphrodite or have green skin, will serve as an example as to why Bethesda shouldn't give any fucking code.

What's the point of a space game with no blue waifus?

Vatnik Wumao
could be interesting depending on execution.
UC and House Va'ruun. :love:
Crimson Fleet could be cool too, but Bethesda is too milquetoast to properly write them as a bunch of morally repugnant marauders rather than as just another iteration of the Thieves Guild, this time in speesh.

Cohesion

Scholar
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Seems like MS is only giving keys to the biggest shills in the industry in order to maximize the metacritic score on release day.
RPS, Eurogamer

hqdefault.jpg

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Crimson Fleet could be cool too, but Bethesda is too milquetoast to properly write them as a bunch of morally repugnant marauders rather than as just another iteration of the Thieves Guild, this time in speesh.
You're probably right but
I have some hope the CF will be edgier. I like that one video clip you see everywhere of the heavily armored guy knocking down some wimp and executing him without mercy.

Vatnik Wumao
You're probably right but
I have some hope the CF will be edgier. I like that one video clip you see everywhere of the heavily armored guy knocking down some wimp and executing him without mercy.
If nothing else, at least their visual design seems neat.

Torn between a brawler or shotgun build with a secondary focus on explosives. Hand to hand combat looks hilarious in low gravity areas.

This muppet says PC performance is smooth and there’s no hard level cap. Wonder if the soft cap is the usual level 80ish or so, or if it goes higher considering the amount of content here.

Gargaune

Magister
another thing I'd like to do this month is create a space on the site to celebrate other great space games we've enjoyed over the years as well - just to remind you that, yes, Starfield isn't the be all and end all when it comes to epic, galactic space operas, so please do keep your eyes peeled for that over the coming weeks).
Ouch... "Oh, you've got 'plans' this Friday?! Well, fuck you, Brad, I'm gonna go out with Mark and Steve and Kenny, even if they don't drive a Porsche!"

Also, Infinitron, shouldn't the thread really say "coming September 1st" at this point? This early release stuff is just a cashgrab gimmick staggering the paypiggies (who are also more likely to review favourably) from the rest of us peasants, but the game will be "out" tomorrow, with reviews and mods and pirates hot on its heels.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
Tempting, a week early and the difference in price is probably the same as the cost of the expansion that also comes with it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom