Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - now with Shattered Space horror expansion

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah definitely not a classic like Diablo 4 amirite?
I mean say what you want about Diablo 4 but it's probably better than anything Bethesda has made in the last 20 years. People actually seem to like Diablo 4. Lets compare:

versus

One is a piece of candy you find in your pocket and the other is a dog turd you stepped in.
They are both utter shit.

You will find retards that enjoy Starfield as well. In fact, a lot more than enjoy Diablo IV.

Diablo IV Metacritic user score: 2.4
Starfield: 6.8 :lol:
Shitted Space DLC: 5.6

GentlemanCthulhu

Liturgist
Here is a list of characters I remember from Bethesda games:

Morrowind:
- Sotha-Sil
- Vivec
- Almalexia
- Fargoth
- St. Juib

-----------------------------------------
Oblivion:
- Emperor Uriel Spetim
- The blades guy
- The gray fox
- Manimmarco, The King of Worms
- Martin
- Jaufrey
- Sheogorath
- Lucien Lachance
- I remember the main villain that you fight at the end of the Fighter's guild
- The prophet
- The villain from nights of nine

Skyrim:
- The mage's guild guy
- Archmage
- The graybeard guy
- Paarthurnax
- Farxass

Fallout 3:
- Moriarty
- Moira Brown
- Ant Queen
- James
- The Overseer
- Colonel Autumn
- Fawx
- The vampires

Fallout 4:
- Main protagonist
- Shaun
- Nick Valentine
- Curie
- Piper

Fallout: New Vegas
- Cheyenne's owner
- The bomber guy
- Caesar
- The courier
- The ex-courier
- Bennie
- Mr. House
- The White Glove Society
The last time I played most of these games was years ago. I misremember or don't remember many of the names, but I still vividly recall the characters themselves.

So why do I bring this up? Because I was playing starfield jsut a few hours ago to checkout Shattered Space, and here is the list of characters I remember for that game:

- Andreja

This is not satire. I think it's a great testament for how fucking awful the character writing is. I played the DLC for a couple of hours, and stopped playing just 30 minutes ago. I don't recall a single new character.

ind33d

Learned
how annoying is it to mod SF on steam deck?

Morrowind:
- Sotha-Sil
- Vivec
- Almalexia
- Fargoth
- St. Juib

Oblivion:
- Emperor Uriel Spetim
- The blades guy
- The gray fox
- Manimmarco, The King of Worms
- Martin
- Jaufrey
- Sheogorath
- Lucien Lachance
- I remember the main villain that you fight at the end of the Fighter's guild
- The prophet
- The villain from nights of nine

Skyrim:
- The mage's guild guy
- Archmage
- The graybeard guy
- Paarthurnax
- Farxass

Fallout 3:
- Moriarty
- Moira Brown
- Ant Queen
- James
- The Overseer
- Colonel Autumn
- Fawx
- The vampires

Fallout 4:
- Main protagonist
- Shaun
- Nick Valentine
- Curie
- Piper

Fallout: New Vegas
- Cheyenne's owner
- The bomber guy
- Caesar
- The courier
- The ex-courier
- Bennie
- Mr. House
- The White Glove Society
The last time I played most of these games was years ago. I misremember or don't remember many of the names, but I still vividly recall the characters themselves.

So why do I bring this up? Because I was playing starfield jsut a few hours ago to checkout Shattered Space, and here is the list of characters I remember for that game:

- Andreja

This is not satire. I think it's a great testament for how fucking awful the character writing is. I played the DLC for a couple of hours, and stopped playing just 30 minutes ago. I don't recall a single new character.
It's true, Starfield's NPCs are shit. There is some cool stuff you can do with mods to use Enhance on them and customize them, though. I could see it being fun to make all your hirelings look like big titty goth GFs or Aztec warriors or something. Sarah is likable, but she's a sex vacuum. Sam is a cool guy but he's too much of a goody two-shoes, which doesn't even make sense considering he's a fucking cowboy

Last edited:

Lemming42

Arcane
I liked Sarah too, she's not likeable as such but she gives you a hell of a lot of pushback which isn't common among RPG companions. Having her with you feels like having a shift supervisor looking over your shoulder, ready to ream you out if you fuck up, which is massively refreshing since too many RPG companions are just there to fellate the player and stroke your ego.

jackofshadows

Magister
I liked Sarah too, she's not likeable as such but she gives you a hell of a lot of pushback which isn't common among RPG companions. Having her with you feels like having a shift supervisor looking over your shoulder, ready to ream you out if you fuck up, which is massively refreshing since too many RPG companions are just there to fellate the player and stroke your ego.
Nah man. On that I totally agree, that was such a great feature in DA:O for example. Poor Alistair couldn't get wrap his head around the fact we ditched all those peasants and so they have turned into zombies. That was so "heart-melting" as some other instances. I think his scale of approval has reached something like -38 or something at some point, right before we executed him just in case. It was truly amusing among many other companion interactions there. But here? Just an annoying nagging hag. What's there to like? It's very lazily done. And by the way, she's not the only one in the game who behave like that towards the player. My impression is that good half of major NPCs are the same fucking annoying girl-bosses who bumps you around all the time. Remember that sassy pirate nigger? I bet you liked her too, rite?

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Why the fuck would you reduce the already shoddy gaming experience of Starfield even further by putting it on a Steam Deck? What the fuck is wrong with you people.

Inec0rn

Novice
Starfield, Nu-Diablo ^^.

I think both are irredeemable pieces of shit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Brand, hype and sunk cost fallacy suckers dumb fuck gamers into 'this is a good game or mods/patches will fix it'.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron

Morrowind:
- Sotha-Sil
- Vivec
- Almalexia
- Fargoth
- St. Juib

You never found him, did you? :troll:

326156-caius_cosades2.jpg

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Tyrr

Liturgist
Maybe you like him because he lives in filth like you. His apartment is nightmare fuel
He has some good and some bad takes. He is often right, but also sometimes wrong.
But something I noticed is, that its always the people who have no arguments against one of his takes they disagree with, that bring up his living conditions.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suZL5OQORFU

"Bethesda is the developer equivalent of a lolcow youtuber."
So I actually watched this despite it being the 156th video about how bad Shattered Space is and

the bit about the bad ending has to be watched/heard to be believed, I already knew it was bad but that particular detail is quite shocking
Greatest game with the greatest DLC ever according to people like Vic

And yet Dexers get upset when I tell them to stop touching poop

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
Maybe you like him because he lives in filth like you. His apartment is nightmare fuel
He has some good and some bad takes. He is often right, but also sometimes wrong.
But something I noticed is, that its always the people who have no arguments against one of his takes they disagree with, that bring up his living conditions.
His living condition is the ultimate "fuck you". He has enough money to live like a king but he chooses to fight in the trenches with the rest of us grunts. Based af.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I don't know any of his takes because I don't watch him. His filthy living conditions are a meme by now and what most people know him for

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom