Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Gargaune

Arcane
Vic, you been to Neon? Post pix. Just a couple of your best, I saw some footage and it seemed to hit my tech-noir groove more than Night City, I'm curious how it compares.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Vic, you been to Neon? Post pix. Just a couple of your best, I saw some footage and it seemed to hit my tech-noir groove more than Night City, I'm curious how it compares.
yes but I don' have any pics. It looks very cyberpunk, I was actually surprised that Bethesda made it. It's small tho, so obviously Night City wins.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Starfield is available now on Xbox Series X|S, PC, and Game Pass! Explore the stars with unparalleled freedom and uncover the answer to one of humanity’s greatest mysteries. The newest critically acclaimed next-gen RPG from Bethesda Game Studios is getting rave reviews from players and critics alike.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
With those kinds of scores, TESVI is fucked. I'm enjoying the game but it's a 6.5/10 at best.

Bethesda will be to Microsoft what Westwood was to EA.

Obsidian will be the Bullfrog. InXile the Bioware.
f6c.jpg

GaelicVigil

Liturgist
I am 30+ hours in and I am still not seeing it, and I'm really, really trying hard to find out what some find that is so great about this game. I cannot believe the sheer amount of dialogue, especially dialogue involving corporate drama. What were they thinking? Why would any game designer think that gamers want to stand in front of corporate bureaucrats and talk about this nonsense for hours?

I can't count the times I've had to travel through an elevator. I noted at UC HQ that there are like 7 office floors. WTF? Why the hell would I want or need to visit 7 floors of a corporate office building? And that isn't the only building, there are several corporate buildings like this. The whole commercial area of New Atlantis is full of business offices, complete with employee AI sitting at desks and pushing papers around. Now I know what they spent their budget on...it certainly wasn't on exploring alien planets, it was on coffee machines and cubicles and staplers. Make it stop.

10-questions-to-consider-when-choosing-new-office-space-2.jpg

GaelicVigil

Liturgist

He brings up a good point about ships. I actually want to get the perk to be able to build giant ships...but then I realize, "what is the point"? I can't DO anything with my giant, cool ship. I can't really fly it anywhere, ship combat is dog shit. Why bother?

Oh, and another good point. Why do I have to always go BACK to the mission giver to complete the mission? It's so strange. They let you fast travel everywhere, but you can't then just "phone it in" that you're done with a mission? It is beyond aggravating to run through these load screens just to respond, "I'm done!" over and over again.

Last edited:

Darkwind

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
100 hours in I keep finding new weapons I haven't seen before

Starfield-9-14-2023-9-57-23-PM.png

100 hours wasted. You could grind weapon crafting making shitty cheap mods to max the weapon crafting skill and BUILD this gun, exactly, at level 10 if you just put points in crafting skills. You are a literal NPC.

Last edited:

Darkwind

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Yes, it is called woke shit genre.
So you're saying Niggerfield and Baldur's Gay 3 are in the same genre after all? Interesting.
If we go by your standards, my companions are two white girls and a white cowboy dude (and a white robot). Nobody is trying to hump me when I try to pick up a soap and both girls are waiting for me to approach them. Woke Gay 3 is much worse.

EDIT: Even the superfan dude that is hanging around my ship is white.

So you've cornered the 4 white people in the entire universe in a sea of millions of niggers and somehow this is not woke, really? As the leftoids say, do better...

GaelicVigil

Liturgist
Yes, it is called woke shit genre.
So you're saying Niggerfield and Baldur's Gay 3 are in the same genre after all? Interesting.
If we go by your standards, my companions are two white girls and a white cowboy dude (and a white robot). Nobody is trying to hump me when I try to pick up a soap and both girls are waiting for me to approach them. Woke Gay 3 is much worse.

EDIT: Even the superfan dude that is hanging around my ship is white.

So you've cornered the 4 white people in the entire universe in a sea of millions of niggers and somehow this is not woke, really? As the leftoids say, do better...
7z6184.jpg

Vic

Savant
I'm trying to at least finish a faction quest line to finish up my playthrough but jesus christ the quests are so boring. I have done maybe less than 10 quests, not counting the main quest. Who wrote this? It was so bad and boring at one point that it was actually good. When Sarah dies they hold a funeral and I swear to god that was the most authentic boring ass funeral I have seen in a video game, I ran out of that shit and said fuck all of you.

the looter shooter combat is the best part of the game, but that's because I enjoy autistic grinding. Starfield is taking up 116GB on my SSD and I have games under 5GB that give me the same gameplay loop. I really want to finish up at least one faction questline before I call it a day but it's so boring, it's ridiculous.

GaelicVigil

Liturgist
I'm trying to at least finish a faction quest line to finish up my playthrough but jesus christ the quests are so boring. I have done maybe less than 10 quests, not counting the main quest. Who wrote this? It was so bad and boring at one point that it was actually good. When Sarah dies they hold a funeral and I swear to god that was the most authentic boring ass funeral I have seen in a video game, I ran out of that shit and said fuck all of you.

the looter shooter combat is the best part of the game, but that's because I enjoy autistic grinding. Starfield is taking up 116GB on my SSD and I have games under 5GB that give me the same gameplay loop. I really want to finish up at least one faction questline before I call it a day but it's so boring, it's ridiculous.

You're finally coming around...
slowclap-clap.gif

Vic

Savant
100 hours wasted. You could grind weapon crafting making shitty cheap mods to max the weapon crafting skill and BUILD this gun, exactly, at level 10 if you just put points in crafting skills. You are a literal NPC.
are you a fucking moron? what gives you the balls to come in here and spout this nonsense. do you see the damage on this weapon? Build it at level 10? You are a brain damaged child that's still sucking on his mother's tits

and that's still lower than my best weapon

Justinian

Arcane
Developer

Hypersimulationist shit should not be part of any quest content. If there's a funeral in a game it should be like the one in the Punisher game where you throw the deceased in the trash and hide in the coffin so you can pop out at the wake with a machinegun and massacre all the attendees.

Vic

Savant

Hypersimulationist shit should not be part of any quest content. If there's a funeral in a game it should be like the one in the Punisher game where you throw the deceased in the trash and hide in the coffin so you can pop out at the wake with a machinegun and massacre all the attendees.
I don't think they were trying to be hypersimulationist tbh

the writers are just fucking boring, and when they wrote those funeral speeches it was actually spot on

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

No one should even have to say any of this. It's obvious. People are just in a Pavlovian cycle of hype, and have been since Morrowind. But no matter how many people say it, there are those that will defend the game.

In The Emperor's New Clothes, it takes one boy speaking the truth to unmask the liars and upend the power dynamic of the kingdom. Clearly, the story is unrealistic though.

If it were realistic, there'd be dozens of people swearing that they could see the clothes, and the king would probably have the boy executed.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
the writers are just fucking boring, and when they wrote those funeral speeches it was actually spot on
Is there any way to prevent her death? I know a lot of people were simping for her, despite the fact that she looks 40+.

Also, lmao at the worst funeral speeches of all time.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Is there any way to prevent her death? I know a lot of people were simping for her, despite the fact that she looks 40+.

Also, lmao at the worst funeral speeches of all time.
"You can save one person - then another one dies - in NG+ you can save all"

Vic

Savant
Is there any way to prevent her death?
I think so, you get a choice between going to the starstation to help her or staying to defend the lodge... I guess if you stay she dies, and if you go maybe someone else dies. also it has infinite universes so if you do NG+ she's back again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom