Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Naraya

Arcane
I really want to finish up at least one faction questline before I call it a day but it's so boring, it's ridiculous.
We really need an "Otter" tag for Vic :-D

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I'm trying to at least finish a faction quest line to finish up my playthrough but jesus christ the quests are so boring. I have done maybe less than 10 quests, not counting the main quest. Who wrote this? It was so bad and boring at one point that it was actually good. When Sarah dies they hold a funeral and I swear to god that was the most authentic boring ass funeral I have seen in a video game, I ran out of that shit and said fuck all of you.

the looter shooter combat is the best part of the game, but that's because I enjoy autistic grinding. Starfield is taking up 116GB on my SSD and I have games under 5GB that give me the same gameplay loop. I really want to finish up at least one faction questline before I call it a day but it's so boring, it's ridiculous.

Just Lol.. 2 weeks ago Vic was retard rating everyone who said the game was boring..

the writers are just fucking boring, and when they wrote those funeral speeches it was actually spot on
Is there any way to prevent her death? I know a lot of people were simping for her, despite the fact that she looks 40+.

Also, lmao at the worst funeral speeches of all time.

I BELIEVE - The Person who dies in The Eye / Lodge are the companions you spend the most and second most time with it seems. So if you instead pair up with Coe or Barrett or whoever.. you can let one of them die instead. Sarah seems to be over represented here because she's your first companion and has the most mandatory tag-along quests.

Also on NG+ you can spare both from dying.

EDIT
I just realized the black guy in Constellation has the same name as the black guy from FF7. Emil Oscar when? Talentless hack.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I think so, you get a choice between going to the startation to help her or staying to defend the lodge... I guess if you stay she dies, and if you go maybe someone else dies. also it has infinite universes so if you do NG+ she's back again.
Yeah, but it's a different her, Morty. She's dead. Like the man said, insects are eating her rotting corpse. Maybe space insects idk. It's his speech.

There are infinite universes, and you're killing infinite individual people every time.

I really thought Star Trek or Sliders would have taught everyone how lame this concept is, but people keep using it.

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yes, it is called woke shit genre.
So you're saying Niggerfield and Baldur's Gay 3 are in the same genre after all? Interesting.
If we go by your standards, my companions are two white girls and a white cowboy dude (and a white robot). Nobody is trying to hump me when I try to pick up a soap and both girls are waiting for me to approach them. Woke Gay 3 is much worse.

EDIT: Even the superfan dude that is hanging around my ship is white.

So you've cornered the 4 white people in the entire universe in a sea of millions of niggers and somehow this is not woke, really? As the leftoids say, do better...
7z6184.jpg
Tell me you haven't actually played 30 hours of Starfield without saying you haven't actually played 30 hours of Starfield.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
2 weeks ago I was happily mining rocks and building my outpost! never cared for bethesda writing but this is really boring

Vic

Savant
Tell me you haven't actually played 30 hours of Starfield without saying you haven't actually played 30 hours of Starfield.
I swear these morons are ridiculous, they are boldened by the hate hype so they are feeling safe just coming in here and spouting nonsense because safety in numbers. pathetic worms

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I swear these morons are ridiculous, they are boldened by the hate hype so they are feeling safe just coming in here and spouting nonsense because safety in numbers. pathetic worms

I fought against a hoard of unwashed polack potatos in the Risen thread.
I'll suffer slings and arrows to call a turd a turd.. I care not!

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I just realized the black guy in Constellation has the same name as the black guy from FF7. Emil Oscar when? Talentless hack.
I just realized that millions of liberal redditors are going to have to choose between saving their in-game love interest or a gay black man.

x8dHYVf.png

Darkwind

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

Do you need me to literally craft the "Magsniper" right now and put up a screenshot you fucking midwit? It is nothing special, its a tricked out Magpulse rifle with all the best mods, nothing more. If you were to put every skill point you had into crafting and grind up weapons crafting by making shit mods you could indeed craft this at level 10. Wouldn't have that much damage output, true, because that is a function of your current level and your rifle skill in addition the base weapon damage. Likewise, you get a legendary one at the end of the Crimson Fleet questline that makes that "Magsniper" look like a BB gun. Crimson Fleet quest can be started at, wait for it.... wait for it... Level ONE. So yeah, by level 10 you could have acquired something superior.

But don't come in here swinging your dick like you are a Starfield "expert" because you blindly stumbled through the shitty procedural generally content for 100 hours like the NPC bot you are but did no quest lines and did not master the various skill systems. More clear now? Clutch that Bethestard tag tightly, it suits you well...

Vic

Savant
It is nothing special, its a tricked out Magpulse rifle with all the best mods, nothing more.
Oh, didn't read your post further, but you're wrong, the weapon is called Magsniper, you can see in my screenshot it has no mods. You just continue spouting more and more nonsense. Moron.

Certain weapons do not drop below a certain level it seems. looking at the wiki the Magsniper has a base damage of 304, interesting, so you should not expect it to drop or be available in shops until you are around that damage level.... I've been finding new weapons throughout my playthrough.

How people can be as retarded as you is beyond me, I hope you will shut the fuck up from now on.

Last edited:

Vic

Savant
But don't come in here swinging your dick like you are a Starfield "expert" because you blindly stumbled through the shitty procedural generally content for 100 hours like the NPC bot you are but did no quest lines and did not master the various skill systems.
kid, I'm level 54 and on NG+2, I've had plenty of skill points to invest and explore the various perks.

please don't forget to buy that janitor a coffee on your shitty level 10 character, scrub

Darkwind

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
It is nothing special, its a tricked out Magpulse rifle with all the best mods, nothing more.
Oh, didn't read your post further, but you're wrong, the weapon is called Magsniper, you can see in my screenshot it has no mods. You just continue spouting more and more nonsense. Moron.

Certain weapons do not drop below a certain level it seems. looking at the wiki the Magsniper has a base damage of 304, interesting, so you should not expect it to drop or be available in shops until you are around that damage level.... I've been finding new weapons throughout my playthrough.

How people can be as retarded as you is beyond me, I hope you will shut the fuck up from now on.

I'm going to stop breaking your balls and give you "partial" credit. The sniper barrel for the Magshear / Magpulse is not craftable at low level. But I stand by my point that you can still put a REALLY fast full auto mod on the thing and get a similar damage output at level 10 with the rest of the upgrades. I can manage to get 5K damage out of a level 10 version with 0 rifle skill. Your "Magsniper" has a ~6K damage output. (Per mag, in both cases).

So I can grind Cottonfield™, this horrible negro infested generic bland game for 100 hours to get a 6K damage weapon or I can craft a 5K damage weapon at level 10. Tough choice...

Vic

Savant
The sniper barrel for the Magshear / Magpulse is not craftable at low level. B
dude, it's not a magpulse, it's a fucking Magsniper which is the best sniper rifle in the game

https://deltiasgaming.com/starfield-best-sniper-rifles-weapon-tier-list/

welcome back to the retard list moron

to add to this, if you are able to obtain a high level weapon on a low level character by traveling to the lvl 70 systems then you could I guess obtain an OP gun at low level. I’m level 50 playing on Very Hard and am easily killing level 100 Elites due to my gear, but that’s normal if you spend some time gear hunting imo.

But without doing this it’s impossible to achieve the same damage output on a level 10 weapon. This moron is high on crack or something.

Last edited:

ind33d

Learned
how long was starfield in development? it feels as though it's based on the unreleased RPG version of Destiny 1. did beth devs see the original build?

ADL

Prophet
It's a little more complicated than that. Bethesda Maryland did the lion's share of work on Fallout 76 and then it was handed off to Austin is my understanding. I'm sure it's technially been in development since a month or two before Fallout 4 went gold but factor in the DLCs and 76 and the team's primary focus wasn't on Starfield until late 2018 I'd wager.

Factor in a lot of resources being spent on maintaining their engine and the unexpected WFH era of game development and the end result of Starfield makes a lot of sense. Five or six years but really more like three with decreased productivity.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
When Sarah dies they hold a funeral and I swear to god that was the most authentic boring ass funeral I have seen in a video game, I ran out of that shit and said fuck all of you.
Is there any way to prevent her death?
I think so, you get a choice between going to the starstation to help her or staying to defend the lodge... I guess if you stay she dies, and if you go maybe someone else dies. also it has infinite universes so if you do NG+ she's back again.
Starfield runs on the same game engine Bethesda created for Morrowind, so many of the console commands have remained:

tm --- removes all UI overlay
tfc --- free camera
tfc 1 --- free camera with time frozen
sucsm x --- modifies the speed of movement with free camera to x (1 is default)

You can also use the console for various purposes other than improving screenshots, such as raising a certain person's com_affinity value to ensure this person dies during a particular quest.
In the quest immediately preceding (about retrieving an Artifact from a collector on a spaceship) the player is assigned a companion, whichever one has the second-highest affinity rating. At the beginning of this quest, this companion will then insist on remaining behind in the Lodge if the player chooses to immediately travel to the Eye in order to check on people who were attacked there (which includes the other three companions) and will be killed. If the player instead decides to remain behind and defend the Lodge, then the current companion will be saved but upon reaching the Eye will find that the companion with the highest affinity there has already perished from the attack.

I loaded an earlier save, raised Barrett's affinity score via the console, had him appointed as my mandatory companion, lowered his affinity score, and later chose to immediately travel to the Eye. Farewell, Barrett, we hardly knew ye! :hero:

Wasteland

Educated
When Sarah dies they hold a funeral and I swear to god that was the most authentic boring ass funeral I have seen in a video game, I ran out of that shit and said fuck all of you.
Is there any way to prevent her death?
I think so, you get a choice between going to the starstation to help her or staying to defend the lodge... I guess if you stay she dies, and if you go maybe someone else dies. also it has infinite universes so if you do NG+ she's back again.
Starfield runs on the same game engine Bethesda created for Morrowind, so many of the console commands have remained:

tm --- removes all UI overlay
tfc --- free camera
tfc 1 --- free camera with time frozen
sucsm x --- modifies the speed of movement with free camera to x (1 is default)

You can also use the console for various purposes other than improving screenshots, such as raising a certain person's com_affinity value to ensure this person dies during a particular quest.
In the quest immediately preceding (about retrieving an Artifact from a collector on a spaceship) the player is assigned a companion, whichever one has the second-highest affinity rating. At the beginning of this quest, this companion will then insist on remaining behind in the Lodge if the player chooses to immediately travel to the Eye in order to check on people who were attacked there (which includes the other three companions) and will be killed. If the player instead decides to remain behind and defend the Lodge, then the current companion will be saved but upon reaching the Eye will find that the companion with the highest affinity there has already perished from the attack.

I loaded an earlier save, raised Barrett's affinity score via the console, had him appointed as my mandatory companion, lowered his affinity score, and later chose to immediately travel to the Eye. Farewell, Barrett, we hardly knew ye! :hero:

This is depressing; all that effort just to kill one companion. Is there a fast way to kill the rest of them?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I find the Starfield ship videos on YouTube to be hilarious.

>Look, a functional X-Wing!

Is it a fighter with a 2-man cockpit?

> No.

Do the wings open up into an X?

>No.

Then how is it an X-wing?

>It looks so cool and I put a little dome on top like R2D2!

:nocountryforshitposters:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom