Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yea. The trees have as many branches as a hillbilly family tree.

Wasteland

Educated
Many quests have an A and B outcome where you get to decide
Is that true though? I know it's not the main point you're making but this actually annoys the fuck out of me. Every conversation seems to have the following options:

1) Agree with NPC
2) Agree with NPC and clap like a seal
3) Agree with NPC but mention money
4) Ask for more details or say something dumb that leads back to these same options

This, combined with almost every fucking named NPC being immortal, just puts quests on rails.
Good ol' Fallout 4 dialogue trees, updated for a new generation.

1: Yes
2: Sarcasm (Yes)
3: Greed (Yes)
4: Ask question (Yes)
Saw a good one on a youtube comment the other day:

Fallout 3: get your father back
Fallout 4: get your child back
Starfield: get your money back

After briefly flirting with the idea of signing up for Game Pass to try this out, I've decided instead to give the game a pass. Might be worth picking up on a deep sale in a few years, but there are so many other games. An exhausting number of other games, TBH. It's been a fun thread, though.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Many quests have an A and B outcome where you get to decide
Is that true though? I know it's not the main point you're making but this actually annoys the fuck out of me. Every conversation seems to have the following options:

1) Agree with NPC
2) Agree with NPC and clap like a seal
3) Agree with NPC but mention money
4) Ask for more details or say something dumb that leads back to these same options

This, combined with almost every fucking named NPC being immortal, just puts quests on rails.
I wasn’t talking about dialogue but decisions during quests that you can make. Like in the case of the 200 year old ship you can decide between A) blow them up B) enslave them to the corpos or C) resettle them on a different planet. Many quests were designed with at least an A/B outcome because of this NG+ business.

Ben Zyklon

Educated
How the actual fuck you get from not agreeing with storage space to "they didn't test the game".

Because this is not the first problem I encounter with the game, you just need to walk and "jogg" to see the game wasn't properly tested.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

Crowd NPC eye Ambient occlusion Fix​

2718-1695214155-1526523357.png

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/2718
This was all it took lol.
Professional game devs btw.
$70 btw.

Ben Zyklon

Educated

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Just heard an interesting point about Starfield. There's the three religions in the game (humanist, monotheist and the worship of the snake that allowed Thulsa Doom to acquire bitches). So what happened to the religions of Earth? Did they all elect to stay behind and die off? Did they flee to some corner of the galaxy?
Real religions will make an appearance in the DLC expansions:

0WcScWz.gif

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Bullshit. Not concurrent players, total players. Not sales, not steam but gameplass. You get 3 mins into the game, quit and you're part of this statistic. Lying sacks of shit.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
They are probably even counting the pirates.
Could be. They have to, they haven't reached BG3 sales yet. They still have to prove they've "got it".
Can I just say that I hope, for their sake, that the numbers they're touting are true? Because if that's true, it's really the only thing going on for them. The game is pretty shit otherwise.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Yeah, yeah keep seething, coping and dilating you retard. While I'm not a fan of BG3 the difference between it and Starfield is astronomical in quality. BG3 is a well made game, that oozes passion and shows effort was put into it at least. Shitfield is just that: a field of shit. QQ some more.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Yeah, yeah keep seething, coping and dilating you retard. While I'm not a fan of BG3 the difference between it and Starfield is astronomical in quality. BG3 is a well made game, that oozes passion and shows effort was put into it at least. Shitfield is just that: a field of shit. QQ some more.
Yeah nigger passion for sucking cock no wonder you like it.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
No argument and rent free. I accept your concession. Yeah, because that's the quality I was talking about. People joining this website should take an IQ test.
You wouldn't make the cut subhuman now go back to playing tranny gates.

Btw. niggeroid you lost any right to complain about woke shit in vidya gamez after shilling for tranny gates.

Bigfass

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I wasn’t talking about dialogue but decisions during quests that you can make.
Same, actually. I am not familiar with the quest you brought up, but there's one that sounds similar, involving the Juno space probe that has somehow traveled lightyears (wtf) and during its voyage became sentient. You need to end a standoff, and can choose to free it, lobotomize it, or destroy it.

I made my choice, and was puzzled that the opposite happened anyway. I googled the quest, and shockingly, it doesn't fucking matter what you choose. What's going to happen is what the "writers" had in mind.

If they can't even entertain the notion of player agency on the scale of a dead-end random encounter "quest", imagine the weight of your decisions in any other scenario.

What keeps the illusion afloat somewhat are lame "persuade, kill, bribe" choices when dealing with NPCs in yet more dead-end quests who need to be stopped from doing a thing, or need to be made to return a thing, etc. You have a choice, but in the end the predetermined outcime happens, and the NPC - or its body - is swept under the rug, never to be heard from again.

Vyvian

Educated
The "10 million players" tweet reeks of Blizzard's famous "MAUs" where they count anyone who logs into the Battle.net client for their metrics. If you log into one of their games you count for two.
Did you download 200kb of Starfield on Gamepass? Congrats you're part of the 10 million.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
You wouldn't make the cut subhuman now go back to playing tranny gates.

Btw. niggeroid you lost any right to complain about woke shit in vidya gamez after shilling for tranny gates.
Yeah, you're a retard. This is the last bit of attention you're getting from me so enjoy it.
Recognizing quality in a well made game is now shilling? Ok. To you Shitfield must be some kind of human achievement or something -- wait are you Gmanshills? No? Pff could have fooled me.
Anyway, doubt you play video games anyway, you should go back to /pol, that's more your place. You should also learn to read. Because if you do that and re read my post maybe you're gonna discover that I'm not a fan of BG3 for a variety of reasons. However I do have the mental capacity to recognize a well made, high quality game when I see it. Compared to that goyslop made by Todd. Btw, Shitfield is also woke.
Niggeroid? In Eastern Europe? Please refer to line 1 for more instructions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom