Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

ArchAngel

Arcane
I'm sorry Sarah, but it's not me, it's you.

Starfield-9-20-2023-7-16-02-AM.png
Why do you still have Space Karen following you LOL. She complained all the time when I would try to steal anything.
Andreja just says: "Oh, now that is ours?"

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I've never played a New Game Plus in anything, how does it work? You just keep your skills but the map and the story rewind to the beginning? I saw some reviewer argue that you should beeline the main plot in Starfield as quickly as possible and then do all your exploring and Barbie dream houses in NG+, is that the case?
There are 2 main "reasons" to do NG+:

1) Many quests have an A and B outcome where you get to decide, by doing NG+ you can try to do these quests with a different choice, and see a different consequence
2) To grind up your 24 Starborn powers to rank 10, meaning you have to collect all 24 temples in 10 NG+ runs to fully max out your character. Your starborn ship and suit also get upgraded up to rank 10 each time.

If you feel like these 2 "reasons" are unappealing you are completely right, NG+ is a gimmick that they used to make more use of the procedural generated nature of the game, all temple and artifact locations are randomized in each game. The worst offender is that you have to give up all your shit and "be reborn" to see the credits roll. Bad design all around with this game.

Edit: Oh there is also another reason:

3) The starts of each NG+ are randomized so you might encounter "weird" things as you start a new run. I haven't seen this propagate beyond the beginning of the game tho, and additionally you get (sometimes) unique [Starborn] dialogue choices. I didn't mention it because beyond the initial, potentially - tho not guaranteed - weird starts, it's maybe less than 1% of the content and not worth it imo.

Last edited:

Vic

Savant
Why do you still have Space Karen following you LOL. She complained all the time when I would try to steal anything.
Didn't get Andreja yet in this run, but I'd rather have space Karen than space Gipsy anyway tbh.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Didn't get Andreja yet in this run, but I'd rather have space Karen than space Gipsy anyway tbh.
She is not space gypsy lol. She is Space Russian or something.
She still expects you to act like a good person but at least she does not complain all the time about everything you do like Space Karen did.

Vic

Savant
The drama continues, I don't think they will ever be able to recover from this because the woke is seeped deep into the very essence of the game.

Web-capture-20-9-2023-22157-steamcommunity-com.jpg

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The drama continues, I don't think they will ever be able to recover from this because the woke is seeped deep into the very essence of the game.

The woke is the least of this game's problems.

Gamers don't deserve to have nice things for allowing themselves to be conned by Todd Howard for so many years, since every single Bethesda game was complete, utter, irredeemable trash. The guy obviosly has ties to the media and that's all it took to convince millions of drooling morons that his inept, mediocre trash were actual masterpieces.

Everybody waking up to that fact now is above and beyond being too little too fucking late.

"hurr durr the writing in Starfield is crap".

No fucking shit retard. It's the same shit writing of Skyrim, or Fallout 3. Nothing changed. Bethesda didn't get "worse", they were never good.

Vic

Savant
No fucking shit retard. It's the same shit writing of Skyrim, or Fallout 3. Nothing changed. Bethesda didn't get "worse", they were never good.
If you've followed this thread you'd know I said this from the very beginning and why I didn't bother doing any quests until 20+ hours in. I had to factor the quest design in to be able to give it a proper score tho.

Nice try at being edgy tho

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
If you've followed this thread you'd know I said this from the very beginning and why I didn't bother doing any quests until 20+ hours in. I had to factor the quest design in to be able to give it a proper score tho.

Nice try at being edgy tho

I wasn't talking about you, i was talking in general.

Games failing because of the woke would be a positive turn of events but i would be pretty fucking annoyed if that's the reason Starfield is getting so many mixed reviews because that would mean most people are still oblivious to how shit those games really are and always have been even before any wokification.

In fact, exactly like i predicted, Starfield blew the lid on the woke problem purely because it was implemented in your typical inept Bethesda way, which made it stand out like a sore thumb even in the face of most obtuse normie.

Vic

Savant
but you do get Hadrian as a companion
how? I chose the Aceles option and when I asked her to come with me she said no she has a job to do at the Red Devils HQ. Do I speak with her again there and then she becomes my companion?
Yes, you go there, take one a radiant job from the other guy and go talk to her and you can ask her to join you.
that's only as a temporary companion for the radiant quest I assume? Not a real companion?

Vic

Savant
I'm sorry Sarah, but it's not me, it's you.

Starfield-9-20-2023-7-16-02-AM.png
That terrain in the horizon looks like it's from some earliest Crytech pre-alpha build when they were just testing the initial steps of the tech for first Far Cry. Wtf
I thought it was the daggerfall landmass photoshopped in as a joke
guys I'm playing on the lowest graphical settings ok because the game is unoptimized trash, I can play Cyberpunk on ultra but for SF I have to go almost all the way down with the sliders.

potatojohn

Arcane
but you do get Hadrian as a companion
how? I chose the Aceles option and when I asked her to come with me she said no she has a job to do at the Red Devils HQ. Do I speak with her again there and then she becomes my companion?
Yes, you go there, take one a radiant job from the other guy and go talk to her and you can ask her to join you.
that's only as a temporary companion for the radiant quest I assume? Not a real companion?
No, she becomes part of your crew

Caim

Arcane
Just heard an interesting point about Starfield. There's the three religions in the game (humanist, monotheist and the worship of the snake that allowed Thulsa Doom to acquire bitches). So what happened to the religions of Earth? Did they all elect to stay behind and die off? Did they flee to some corner of the galaxy? Did their faiths just sort of die out over time? Are there hidden churches in people's space attics? Did the muslims move the Kaaba to another planet? Are there ultranationalist hindus in space shitting on space muslims and space sikh?

Where are the jews, Todd? What did you do to the jews?

Hellraiser

Arcane
Just heard an interesting point about Starfield. There's the three religions in the game (humanist, monotheist and the worship of the snake that allowed Thulsa Doom to acquire bitches). So what happened to the religions of Earth?
Preemptive anti-PR shitstorm (self-)censorship.

Last edited:

Vic

Savant
Just heard an interesting point about Starfield. There's the three religions in the game (humanist, monotheist and the worship of the snake that allowed Thulsa Doom to acquire bitches). So what happened to the religions of Earth? Did they all elect to stay behind and die off? Did they flee to some corner of the galaxy? Did their faiths just sort of die out over time? Are there hidden churches in people's space attics? Did the muslims move the Kaaba to another planet? Are there ultranationalist hindus in space shitting on space muslims and space sikh?

Agree, another thing that is completely nonsensical is how there are so many Earth accents. If they're all living in a globohomo metropolis they shouldn't have accents at all.

Caim

Arcane
Accents will always exist because it's fun to have characters speaking differently and it's too hard to come up with an unique one that doesn't sound forced, so people are willing to accept that Neptunians just happen to sound like 'strayans.

starfield-family-reunion-mission-abe-levitz-location-1024x576.jpg
Thank you for your service, citizen. Three rijksdaalders will be transferred to your account.

Bigfass

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Many quests have an A and B outcome where you get to decide
Is that true though? I know it's not the main point you're making but this actually annoys the fuck out of me. Every conversation seems to have the following options:

1) Agree with NPC
2) Agree with NPC and clap like a seal
3) Agree with NPC but mention money
4) Ask for more details or say something dumb that leads back to these same options

This, combined with almost every fucking named NPC being immortal, just puts quests on rails.

Caim

Arcane
Many quests have an A and B outcome where you get to decide
Is that true though? I know it's not the main point you're making but this actually annoys the fuck out of me. Every conversation seems to have the following options:

1) Agree with NPC
2) Agree with NPC and clap like a seal
3) Agree with NPC but mention money
4) Ask for more details or say something dumb that leads back to these same options

This, combined with almost every fucking named NPC being immortal, just puts quests on rails.
Good ol' Fallout 4 dialogue trees, updated for a new generation.

1: Yes
2: Sarcasm (Yes)
3: Greed (Yes)
4: Ask question (Yes)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom