Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Ben Zyklon

Educated
It's obvious, the site itself lets us speak almost as freely as 4chan and tools like you can be counted with one hand, on the other hand people against cultural marxism are very vocal in here and tools like you barely try to even engage in the conversation because you know perfectly well this isn't reddit were you can downvote our speech to hide it or report us with your faggot moderator that will ban our accounts for speaking the truth.

So yeah all you are doing is making yourself a target, almost nobody here will be in agreement with your goy NPC programmed opinions, you only look like the clown you are.

Take your political shit out of here and shove it up your ass post it in one of the designated areas, totally not an alt newfag. Besides, you've identified as a Mexican with an animu avatar. Literally no one wants to be you.

"Oh no take your political shit out because my fefees can't handle this!" also: "You are a MEXICAN!"

This imbeciles are so used that the discussions are completely one sided they litterally forget they aren't in reddit anymore.

What's the problem in me being Mexican? should I be ashamed or something?, I mean you guys are the TOLERANT ones that care about my people right?, you even gave us that stupid as fuck name: LatinX so for sure you care about us and obviously you are not xenophobic or racist at all right?

The "anime avatar" is from: Chrono Trigger, a very well know JRPG and regarded by many as one of the best JRPG's of all time and I happen to like the character called Magus because he is a mage and I always loved magic and mages and he also happens to be a very interesting character in that game... this is a forum called: RPGCODEX, the avatar is actually from the site itself not my own upload so where is the crime in using it?

Last edited:

Ben Zyklon

Educated
okay I'm done with this game, finished the United Colonies questline, which is one of the four factions in the game and "mediocre" doesn't even describe it. I know Hadrian is a clone of a man but come on, she was a really cool character that I was looking forward to getting as a companion. All I get for this shitty questline is an apartment and some store discounts? Are you kidding me.

Well, at least I can now say I've seen most of what the game has to offer, though the Crimson Fleet questline is supposed to be the best, I won't bother doing any quests in this game anymore until they release a DLC, and patches, and mods. In fact, I'm not going to touch it until a "Game of the Year" edition or something like that comes out with all DLCs bundled. Then, and only then will I give this turd another try.

Some might be wondering why I became so critical of the game towards the end. Well, it's because in the end all games fall apart, all but the classics that is. I can infinitely replay BG1, VTMB or even New Vegas. On the other hand games like Starfield, and all of Bethesda's games really, fall apart at the seams sooner or later and you see them for what they are: a turd.

Only true classics can stand the test of time, and Niggerfield is a far cry from one. After doing some of the quest content, I have to revise my initial score of 6/10 to a 4/10, it's hilariously badly written and if I add that up with the spacesim, base building and looter shooter systems that basically go nowhere, that's a pretty fair score I'd say.

Did you do NG+? I find it super retarded that you have outposts, ship building and even weapon looter shooter mechanics where you can farm legendary weapons but then you lose all of that by doing it.

This game has so many design flaws I just can't believe that it was even tested.

Mortmal

Arcane
NG+ involves redoing the walk to each temples and complete the shitty minigames ten times for each power to maximize them. Then, you have to collect all seven artifacts in the same dungeons each time, making it an absurd grind. All of this effort results in maybe witnessing one or two changes in the lodge and a few lines of text. And why would you grind? There's no challenge, no reason to upgrade your character, and you lose everything at each NG+. It's probably the second-worst design I've seen in my life, after Mechajammer. I really don't understand why this game gets a free pass, especially when compared to how Cyberpunk 2077 was criticized at release, despite being in much better shape. It's not even good-looking, which should be a minimum expectation for an AAA game. My nephew is currently playing Kingdom Come on an old PC, and he's quite happy with it. When he looked at Starfield, he said it looks like shit, and I have to agree.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah the "minigames" are such a dumb idea. Even the first time it was stupid, but to keep making you do the same thing each time is insane, nevermind again on NG+ cycles. That's a must play mod, imo. Push X for power, skip the interactive light show.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Remember, Bugthesda took more time to make Starfield than Oblivion, FL3 and Skyrim combined. And with much more workers.

Is the result better or worse than this 3 games?

Why so much inefficiency? Diversity hires?
Weed, plus no Great Books for Men.

Hellraiser

Arcane
okay I'm done with this game, finished the United Colonies questline, which is one of the four factions in the game and "mediocre" doesn't even describe it. I know Hadrian is a clone of a man but come on, she was a really cool character that I was looking forward to getting as a companion. All I get for this shitty questline is an apartment and some store discounts? Are you kidding me.

You missed the legendary anti-xeno armor set when they ask you to (optionally) get gear from the armor on the bug planet? Used it almost up until the ending from about the half point in the game myself.

Also I think you do get a vanguard ship (well I had one suddenly who knows from where in my ship list). The crappy rewards sooner applies to Ryujin if you ask me, the +3 manipulation is the best one they give, but the persuasion system is already a joke without it and without any points it's possible to get through most of those with at worst minimal quickload abuse. Besides that you just get the operative clothes, useless for a non-stealth character (and even the, how useful are those?). Truly it doesn't pay to be a corporate lackey.

Last edited:

abija

Prophet
NG+ involves redoing the walk to each temples and complete the shitty minigames ten times for each power to maximize them. Then, you have to collect all seven artifacts in the same dungeons each time, making it an absurd grind. All of this effort results in maybe witnessing one or two changes in the lodge and a few lines of text. And why would you grind? There's no challenge, no reason to upgrade your character, and you lose everything at each NG+. It's probably the second-worst design I've seen in my life, after Mechajammer. I really don't understand why this game gets a free pass, especially when compared to how Cyberpunk 2077 was criticized at release, despite being in much better shape. It's not even good-looking, which should be a minimum expectation for an AAA game. My nephew is currently playing Kingdom Come on an old PC, and he's quite happy with it. When he looked at Starfield, he said it looks like shit, and I have to agree.
You got it backwards. The ng+ changes are not to make people that don't like the grind do it, it's just a hat tip to those that do. They have a playerbase and deliver to it.

The many many many millions that bought Cyberpunk on launch expected Witcher 3 quality/polish. That's why the strong backlash.

Ben Zyklon

Educated
The storage space is laughable seriously, I'm convinced they really never tested the game, had to use a mod to increase ship storage x3.

abija

Prophet
How the actual fuck you get from not agreeing with storage space to "they didn't test the game".

ArchAngel

Arcane
The storage space is laughable seriously, I'm convinced they really never tested the game, had to use a mod to increase ship storage x3.
If you are talking about starting ship you can fairly easily add more storage to it. It looked ugly after that but whatever. Later I finished Ranger storyline and got a Ranger ship with over 2000 storage.

potatojohn

Arcane

Well, at least I can now say I've seen most of what the game has to offer, though the Crimson Fleet questline is supposed to be the best, I won't bother doing any quests in this game anymore until they release a DLC, and patches, and mods. In fact, I'm not going to touch it until a "Game of the Year" edition or something like that comes out with all DLCs bundled. Then, and only then will I give this turd another try.

Some might be wondering why I became so critical of the game towards the end. Well, it's because in the end all games fall apart, all but the classics that is. I can infinitely replay BG1, VTMB or even New Vegas. On the other hand games like Starfield, and all of Bethesda's games really, fall apart at the seams sooner or later and you see them for what they are: a turd.

Only true classics can stand the test of time, and Niggerfield is a far cry from one. After doing some of the quest content, I have to revise my initial score of 6/10 to a 4/10, it's hilariously badly written and if I add that up with the spacesim, base building and looter shooter systems that basically go nowhere, that's a pretty fair score I'd say.
but you do get Hadrian as a companion.

Maybe you're so autistic not even Bethesda npcs want to be around you

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
You missed the legendary anti-xeno armor set when they ask you to (optionally) get gear from the armor on the bug planet? Used it almost up until the ending from about the half point in the game myself.
No but my gear was better as I was loot hunting and leveling up for many hours before starting the quest content. It looked really cool though and I was disappointed it was worse than the random loot I found off Spacers in the level 75 systems.

Vic

Savant
You got it backwards. The ng+ changes are not to make people that don't like the grind do it, it's just a hat tip to those that do. They have a playerbase and deliver to it.
Not really, because you have to do a NG+ and lose all your items to see the credits roll. That’s very atypical for the open ended Bethesda games that their playerbase is used to.

Vic

Savant
The container in your room in the Lodge has infinite storage. For ship storage you need to upgrade your ship with cargo modules.

Gargaune

Arcane
I've never played a New Game Plus in anything, how does it work? You just keep your skills but the map and the story rewind to the beginning? I saw some reviewer argue that you should beeline the main plot in Starfield as quickly as possible and then do all your exploring and Barbie dream houses in NG+, is that the case?

ArchAngel

Arcane
I've never played a New Game Plus in anything, how does it work? You just keep your skills but the map and the story rewind to the beginning? I saw some reviewer argue that you should beeline the main plot in Starfield as quickly as possible and then do all your exploring and Barbie dream houses in NG+, is that the case?
If you plan to try NG+ that is the best way. But if there are changes to missions in NG+ you will not know what they are if you didn't do those missions in standard game.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I'm sorry Sarah, but it's not me, it's you.

Starfield-9-20-2023-7-16-02-AM.png
That terrain in the horizon looks like it's from some earliest Crytech pre-alpha build when they were just testing the initial steps of the tech for first Far Cry. Wtf

Depends on the game, usually you keep your skills and items so you can either advance quickly through the same game again to try new paths, or you play a harder difficulty. Fagottassi's article goes into how it works on Starfield. TL;DR you lose everything but your skills, but there's some other stuff.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...-a-good-decision-by-bethesda/?sh=6d4eaa913fd3

I don't see the point of beelining for NG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom