Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This piece of shit was in the top 20?

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Starfield no longer in the Steam top 20.

BG3 is number 4.

It's over.
bg3 is co-op

do you really think a turn based single player RPG could pull these numbers?
In a month or two Skyrim will have a bigger player base then Starfield.
nothing to do with Starfield, but people really seem to think BG3 could pull these numbers if it was a pure single player game

hate to break it to you but it’s not THAT good

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

BG3 is number 4.

It's over.
The power of a viral bear-marketing campaign:

00100-837017135uicds.png

Last edited:

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

BG3 is number 4.

It's over.
bg3 is co-op

nothing to do with Starfield, but people really seem to think BG3 could pull these numbers if it was a pure single player game

I don't care about BG3 and I might be wrong but I'm under impression it's still popular due all the nsfw content.

scytheavatar

Scholar

BG3 is number 4.

It's over.
bg3 is co-op

I don't care about BG3 and I might be wrong but I'm under impression it's still popular due all the nsfw content.

It's popular because it is accessible and good. Even if you don't agree that it is the best CRPG ever you cannot deny that Larian knows how to rope in casuals the way other studios don't. The exact opposite of Starfield which is a completely ivory tower game from Todd. If you are not mad about space games why would you be super invested in Starfield?

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard

BG3 is number 4.

It's over.
bg3 is co-op

Do you really think non woke RPG without bear sex could pull these numbers?
idk man, I got bored in Act 2 and uninstalled to make space for Starfield. I've been meaning to continue my playthrough but nothing (except Shadowheart's cooch) really hooked me in. I feel like there's a certain crowd that that game appeals to and it ain't me. Love BG1 and 2 but 3 just hits different. I also hate Larian combat.

On the other hand, Starfield is a game you can fire up and just do whatever. Mods are going to expand that further. I'm currently burned out on the game but I can see myself playing for another 100 hours or so once some new content comes out. I would really love to see better loot for aliens with a deeper crafting system like you would see in survival games and better weapons and armor from enemies. The possibilities are there I just hope modders will care enough about the game to release good mods. As of right now the top recent mods are still UI mods and 'thicc Andreja'.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Unexpected but welcome and hilarious review:

The part about Todd ending jews was especially funny considering recent events.

Just Locus

Educated
I love how Vic brought up that PoE has more annoying loading screens as if that automatically invalidates the criticism that Starfield has too many loading screens :lol:

You have not lifted Starfield up, you just dragged the bar down so low that SF surpassed it.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
idk man, I got bored in Act 2 and uninstalled to make space for Starfield. I've been meaning to continue my playthrough but nothing (except Shadowheart's cooch) really hooked me in. I feel like there's a certain crowd that that game appeals to and it ain't me. Love BG1 and 2 but 3 just hits different. I also hate Larian combat.
The plot starts to fall apart in Act 2. There are extremely interesting parts at the very end, but most of the act is Shadowheart's quest in the temple or dealing with the dumb harpers.

The plot dies at the beginning of Act 3 and seems to get worse from there. I plan to replay it with a Durge build, but the game was pretty disappointing in a lot of ways.

Even saying that though, Act 1 is basically an entire game itself. BG3 is like two or three games in one, and the first 'game' is fairly satisfying, especially in the Underdark.

Starfield just seems pure boredom from beginning to end.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom