Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
1699382651151.png

I think this picture tells the truth. I found it on Facebook.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I made a terrible discovery: you cannot dive in water in Starfield! There are bodies of water, you can see from the surface that they are deep... and yet you cannot go under water, only swim on the surface. WTF, game?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
After completing the questline in full, I feel even more strongly that Crimson Fleet is the best questline in the game. It's not even particularly close. It has the most intriguing plot hook. Makes better use of the setting and art assets. Leverages the game mechanics way more thoroughly, basically every decent use of space ships in the game (aside from the simulator) is in this questline. It has better stealth missions than the stealth faction. It has the most consequential decisions of any questline. And to top it all off, it has the best ending sequence of all the factions like 3x over. If the rest of the game were at this level of quality, it would have been received much better.
That's similar to how I feel about the quest "Entangled" that can be found on Freya II. Simply taking some inspiration from actual science fiction raises the quality of Starfield quests enormously, even if it's more in the style and atmosphere rather than the gameplay.
Sadly, it seems most of the quest writing couldn't be bothered to take inspiration from a relevant source but instead was created by people following the maxim "write what you know", which resulted in the proliferation of fetch quests and office politics. :M

Cohesion

Augur
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
https://developer.microsoft.com/en-...xbox-and-inworld-ai-partnership-announcement/
Eventually the writing in Bethesda games will improve.
Emil must be looking for a new job.
This partnership will bring together: Inworld’s expertise in working with generative AI models for character development, Microsoft’s cutting-edge cloud-based AI solutions including Azure OpenAI Service, Microsoft Research’s technical insights into the future of play, and Team Xbox’s strengths in revolutionizing accessible and responsible creator tools for all developers.
Hard pass. "Future of play".

Bigfass

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I made a terrible discovery: you cannot dive in water in Starfield! There are bodies of water, you can see from the surface that they are deep... and yet you cannot go under water, only swim on the surface. WTF, game?
The upcoming patch will fix that. There will be a quick loading screen when you go underwater.

Rhobar121

Scholar
The upcoming patch will fix that. There will be a quick loading screen when you go underwater.
When you want to use fast travel from underwater, a loading screen will appear and take you to the surface and only then you will be able to teleport to the other place (if it is on the surface, otherwise it requires additional loading.).

Beastro

Arcane
why are gamers so entitled?

back in my day I was happy if my dad picked up a black and white cartridge for my gameboy on the fleamarket every sunday for me

now we get games likes Starfield, which you can easily pirate btw, and you are all crying like spoiled little bitches
Oh, shove it.

"Mods will fix it" has ended where it was sadly expected, the devs no longer care to produce polished products because so many customers are fixing their shit now.

You could whine about any other company and you might have a point, but you're in a Bethesda thread, Mods Will Fix It Inc.

Last edited:

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
At least the shooting is fun. Not as much as CP2077 due to smaller weapon variety, but combat can be engaging.

By the way, the whole game seems to me less similar to previous Bethesda games and more to KOTOR or Mass Effect. If you ignore all the random generated content, which is pointless anyway, it's just you flying the Ebonhawk Frontiersman, meeting party members/love interests, and searching for parts of a Starforge map alien artifact in the few hand-crafted locations in the galaxy.

There's even an endearing robot companion.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
why are gamers so entitled?

back in my day I was happy if my dad picked up a black and white cartridge for my gameboy on the fleamarket every sunday for me

now we get games likes Starfield, which you can easily pirate btw, and you are all crying like spoiled little bitches
Oh, shove it.

"Mods will fix it" has ended where it was sadly expected, the devs no longer care to produce polished products because so many customers are fixing their shit now.

You could whine about any other company and you might have a point, but you're in a Bethesda thread, Mods Will Fix It Inc.

you are talking about video games which are 1) a waste of time 2) a commercial product and 3) for fucking children

but sure go ahead and high brow this shit

even vanilla Starfield is more fun than watching gender neutral characters engaging in soulles american banter in between inter species sex scenes

Vic

Savant
Infinitron King Crispy

Okay I get it, I will never say anything good about Starfield ever again. Please remove this retarded tag as I still want to post on this site but I just can't do it as I feel dirty having it. If I should ever say anything good about Starfield ever again you can instaban me.

Vic

Savant
King Crispy don't rate me "No" that was a request to have my account deleted you little faggot. No wonder nobody likes you on this site. If you refuse to do so I'll change my password to some gibberish and never log in again so you can do with this account what you want.

I begged twice to have this shit tag removed. I have done nothing wrong but defend a game I like in the designated thread. For this I have been harassed by staff, which I assume is mainly you, you old cunt. I'm not here for your amusement so go and fuck yourself.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Stop tagging me or I'm banning you. This is not the place for GD talk.

Final warning.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom