Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Harthwain

Magister
30% off already is an embarassment but then again - this is an embarassment of a game after all.
Could be a marketing strategy. "Let's overprice our game so that when we give it 30% off people will think it's a great deal!".

BruceVC

Magister
They could have made a somewhat more traditional, linear FPS game, maybe with Deus Ex style open-ish city hubs to shake things up

Sounds like something Bioware did once. Hint: 2007

Say what you will about Skyrim, but it had a rather beautiful nordic theme and aesthetic

Really? I thought Skyrim looked pretty generic and boring.
Im waiting for LoversLab alien mods to be released before I play, then the game wont be boring :bounce:

jackofshadows

Magister
30% off already is an embarassment but then again - this is an embarassment of a game after all.
Could be a marketing strategy. "Let's overprice our game so that when we give it 30% off people will think it's a great deal!".
A visionary at marketing department? I won't ahem buy that. Besides, as was already mentioned, SF went on Gay Pass. So there's no way they would price it lower initially. They simply didn't expect the actual reception.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Anyway, finished the game. 78,5 hours, 68% of achievements.

Managed to keep going until the end only because I kept some of the good faction questlines (Crimson Fleet) for the last. After completing those quality quests I just rushed to the endgame. The last location was, as expected, quite disappointing, fighting the Starborn not challenging at all (despite playing on hard), by the time I reached the Hunter and Emissary, I was so fed up I just talked them to death with my superior persuasion skills and grabbed the final McGuffin. Oh, welcome, ending slides. It appears I really made a difference to this one galaxy. Which of course is irrelevant since it has millions of copies in the multiverse of Bethesda madness.

Not looking forward to new game plus, seeing it's just more of the same, with minor variations because of multiverse bullshit. Yesterday I heard about some madman who completed Starfield 34 times and got rewarded by a unique encounter in his 35th playthrough! Anyway, I only visited the Lodge, to tell them I come from a different dimension and see the reactions. They all believed me because why the hell not. Writing in this game is abysmal, but the delivery of those soulless lines comes at close second.

Recently I finished Cyberpunk 2077. After 100 hours I was still actively combing the game for additional content, trying to squeeze as much fun as I could. With Starfield it was just a race to the finish line just to be done with it. Probably it would be wiser to play these games in another sequence.

P.S. Despite most elements of this game being utterly soulless, there are glimpses of something better here and there. For me it was the quest of distributing drawings of the Star Frog for some kid around Cydonia, just to lift the spirits of the general population. This was completely random, and yet I greatly enjoyed both his art and me helping him spread happiness around :) Kudos to the person at Bethesda who designed this quest.

I3k9CQ6.png
zJz4Lf5.png

jK4i2t8.png
gLZkGeu.png

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Anyway, finished the game. 78,5 hours
Pfft, and you call yourself a Codexer? Go back and play another 21.5hrs minimum, then you can say it's shit.
I guess I could complete the main questline 6 times in this period, but I'm so much done. Damn the Codexcred, it's simply not worth it.
Yesterday I heard about some madman who completed Starfield 34 times and got rewarded by a unique encounter in his 35th playthrough!
Now there's a man who can say it's shit.
If he came out here, we'd probably laugh him away from the forum.

Anyway, finished the game. 78,5 hours, 68% of achievements.
10/10?
More like a number of mehs I declared during the playthrough/1000 visitable planets

Last edited:

Silverfish

Arbiter
You got further than me. I dropped Dragon Age after the epic battle vs the zombie horde gave way to standard RPG early-game bitch work.

Silverfish

Arbiter
I don't doubt there's good stuff to be found, but it was incredibly deflating after the first few hours are constantly ramping up (origin story - the military camp and first big stretch of combat in the forest - the zombie battle and the ogre boss fight), but then you end up in a small village doing the kind of character interactions and quests that any other game would have in its first 15 minutes while you're getting acclimated. I've still got it sitting in a box, so I might go back sometime, but definitely not anytime soon.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
TJHGTQb.png

3mLdBvb.png

fiiGcOH.png

D31yqz2.png

Just numbers.

which is a really mediocre diablo clone.

I liked Sacred Gold and made a ice shard battlemage
ODeV3Eg.png

The itemization, character progression and world exploration was very good imo.

. 78,5 hours, 68% of achievements.

Interesting. Since you mentioned Cyberbug, in a scale of 0 to 10, how would you rate Starfield and Cyberpunk?

Last edited:

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I liked Sacred Gold and made a ice shard battlemage
yeah I liked it too a lot. I played a Seraphim and most of my time was spend grinding. There are 5 difficulties which unlock each time you beat the final boss in the previous difficulty. I'm currently on Platinum and it's an incredible grind to reach the final difficulty Niobium. I'm at level 84. One day I'll get back to the grind and finish it on the final difficulty.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
. 78,5 hours, 68% of achievements.

Interesting. Since you mentioned Cyberbug, in a scale of 0 to 10, how would you rate Starfield and Cyberpunk?
Starfield - 6,5.

Cyberpunk (I played 2.0 with Phantom Liberty, so that's the only version I know) - 9.

CP 2077 has a much better story, characters, quests, gunplay, enemy variety, encounter design, more engaging character development and a better gameworld that you can explore almost without any loading screens, by foot, car, bike and from what I hear - now also a metro system.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Starfield gets a 4/10 from me too in its current form, regardless of how much fun I've had playing it. Reasons are obvious, it's not finished in its current state.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom