Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Starfield-9-7-2023-2-50-42-PM.png

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Everything on Medium, motion blur on Low, and Uspcaling 1440p to fit my 4K resolution. I had the same performance, or slightly better in places where the shadow quality made a lot of difference, but worse picture.

I generally don't and, on my machine, can't go into stable 60+ fps though. 30-45 fps is what I usually see in RDR2 and Cyberpunk. In Starfield I'm on 30-35 fps, which is what the game is intended for, I don't know what engine issues may prop up in high framerates.

But what's relevant is that some settings are safe to raise without much difference in performance, as the video demonstrates.

Self-Ejected
Console paesant don't play skyrim after 20 years.. Well not all of them.

Mebs, you dumbass ignorant cow, Skyrim is only 12 years old. It was released on the PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 originally. They all got the game on the same day which was November 11, 2011. Do you know how calendars work? Do you know how math works?

3.4 million copies were sold on release. Of which 59% (2.9 million) of them were for the XBox 360, 27% (918,000) for PS3, and 14% (476,000) for PC.

Console peasants were the majority buyers of the game when it was released.

Now back to your fucking paddock.
hu7xj.jpg

Ok keyboard warrior that dosn't understand the figurative speech

ColaWerewolf

Educated
Thank christ there's codexers out there who don't play the game and just watch other people play it/consoom media about it then come here to bitch about the game they don't play, otherwise this thread would be slow as shit.

Some get to play and some just screech from the corner, but all follow Todd's agenda.

Lol, friendly fire in youtubeland:

He makes better points for what's bad in the game than most of the overt haters here do.

Look how this youtuber is persecuting dindu nuffin haters just for trying to express their opinion. Haters just want to not enjoy the game in peace, but nazi starfield enjoyers keep trying to brainwash them to enjoy starfield by making objective observations about the game. It's disgusting how the poor haters are treated, how their feelings are brushed aside by those hateful SF enjoyers. It really is another shoah.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Thank christ there's codexers out there who don't play the game and just watch other people play it/consoom media about it then come here to bitch about the game they don't play, otherwise this thread would be slow as shit.

Some get to play and some just screech from the corner, but all follow Todd's agenda.

He makes better points for what's bad in the game than most of the overt haters here do.

Look how this youtuber is persecuting dindu nuffin haters just for trying to express their opinion. Haters just want to not enjoy the game in peace, but nazi starfield enjoyers keep trying to brainwash them to enjoy starfield by making objective observations about the game. It's disgusting how the poor haters are treated, how their feelings are brushed aside by those hateful SF enjoyers. It really is another shoah.

True, level headed people get shit from both sides. It's even funny how the woke and the reverse-woke both believe in their own relevance while shitposting in a god-forgotten corner.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

FugueLah

Scholar

This guy is pretty spot on tbh. It's a deeply flawed game with all the usual Bethesda scuff, but it can be a lot of fun.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
He does? What points are that other than I'm okay with the anti-white racism and the woke political shit?
You mean against the game? Watch from 3:30 to 7:00, it's too much for me to transcribe into text right now.

I watched and it was completely LowWit low effort shit that it wasn't even worth it to continue. The guy is a true moron in every sense of the word. He started off with his credentials of being an outrage grifter to be the foundation of his opinion for this game.

He's okay with the racism against whites. He's okay with the pronouns and the other SJW bullshit. If you're okay with it that's fine. You just are another SJW drone that can't think for yourself and are threatened by outside opinions that do not conform to yours.

I don't give one flying fuck if you like the game or not. It's your right. It's also my right to point out the flaws in this diversity hire shitshow that requires a modern Cray supercomputer to run at 4k and above 120 FPS reliably. It's my right to point out the racism against my race and how this shit is destroying our culture.

Enjoy the cultural revolution where the past is recreated by falsifying it to suit an agenda following Orwell's stated warnings in 1984. These people are using his warning as a guidebook on how to destroy the west.

You remind me of this.

:thisisfine:

Dude, I've followed your posts since I've signed up. The old you would have shat all over this game for what I'm pointing out. What changed in the last two years for you to accept subpar racist propaganda?

Last edited:

FugueLah

Scholar
He does? What points are that other than I'm okay with the anti-white racism and the woke political shit?
If you learned to just roll your eyes or laugh at all the woke shit, your life would improve. The woke isn't going away anytime soon, but it will go away, and not because neckbeard gamers decide to boycott games with that stuff in it. And no, no one is buying the propaganda. The cultural pendulum will swing back and all the woke shit will be gone as if it never was.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
If you learned to just roll your eyes or laugh at all the woke shit, your life would improve. The woke isn't going away anytime soon, but it will go away, and not because neckbeard gamers decide to boycott games with that stuff in it. And no, no one is buying the propaganda. The cultural pendulum will swing back and all the woke shit will be gone as if it never was.

Translation: If you just stand up against the wall while they shoot you it's not so bad.

Vic

Savant
I know Indirect Lighting is a big one. I play on lowest settings (40+ fps in cities) and raising that one fixes blurriness outdoors with only minimal perfomance impact.

These people really are the worst. "Oh I hate SJW culture as much as anyone else, but hey, it's only a single pronoun selection screen! Both sides are bad mkay!"

They're the worst sorts of decline enablers, the main reason why the overton window continues to shift so far and so quickly. Fuck all of them.

Self-Ejected

Naraya

Arcane

This guy is pretty spot on tbh. It's a deeply flawed game with all the usual Bethesda scuff, but it can be a lot of fun.

Is it me or the starry background in space is completely over the top? It doesn't look like that - stars are too big and there is way too many of them. It's way darker up there!

Anyway - after watching the video I think that SF does many things in a very mediocre way. The very youtuber says that combat is shit, flying is shit, planets are samey, there is no challenge, you can easily become OP etc. etc. And he likes it anyway.

I guess many people like that but I have zero interest in playing SF. If I want to pew pew in space, I have FS2 with its great story, capital ships, dogfights and ion beams. If I want to shoot some baddies on the ground, there is abundance of FPS. Trading? X3 is the unsurpassed example. Visit interesting alien worlds? I heard NMS is actually good at that. Building? Empyrion is your game.

Bethesda wanted to bite more than they could chew.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
Dude, I've followed your posts since I've signed up. The old you would have shat all over this game for what I'm pointing out. What changed in the last two years for you to accept subpar racist propaganda?
Maybe I learned to accept "good enough at this point in time" as a result.

If you think you've always been the unmatched genius you are today, you're wrong. Scores, hundreds of people have put up with your inanity throughout your life in order to bring you up to what you are today.

Vic

Savant
I guess many people like that but I have zero interest in playing FS. If I want to pew pew in space, I have FS2 with its great story, capital ships, dogfights and ion beams. If I want to shoot some baddies on the ground, there is abundance of FPS. Trading? X3 is the unsurpassed example. Visit interesting alien worlds? I heard NMS is actually good at that. Building? Empyrion is your game.
Quests? It has a shit ton of quests and content.

I actually gave up on exploration because that got boring and pointless and now just doing quests and they send me to enough locations around the galaxy.

I think the game was meant to be explored through quests, because I don't think I found anything worthwhile just walking around a planet.

You can discover new quests if you warp into a new solar system, you'll get a communication call, so watch out for that.

Yosharian

Arcane
JamesDixon seems like a very reasonable and balanced person, no personality defects or mental health issues at all

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom