Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

FugueLah

Scholar
You know we literally all agree with you about the woke shit, right? When the pendulum swings back it won't have anything to do with you or people like you. It will be normies fixing the mess other normies made. Just sit back and relax and make the most of a shitty situation.

The pendulum won't swing back. Short of some kind of revolution, Western civ is irretrievably fucked. Once the Boomers who're holding it together with spit and duck tape atm die off, it's goodnight Irene - nothing but a gradual process of decay from then on, a gradual descent to barbarism and the law of the jungle.

And there probably won't be a "next time" either, since all the easily-reachable fossil fuels that could kickstart another industrial revolution have already been exhausted.

We have (very nearly) failed our Great Filter test.
Only the good guys are having children. The only way this keeps going is if they brainwash the kids, which they are trying to do no doubt, but it won't work without the kind of governmental interference that will and already is pissing off normie parents.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
You know we literally all agree with you about the woke shit, right? When the pendulum swings back it won't have anything to do with you or people like you. It will be normies fixing the mess other normies made. Just sit back and relax and make the most of a shitty situation.

The pendulum won't swing back. Short of some kind of revolution, Western civ is irretrievably fucked. Once the Boomers who're holding it together with spit and duck tape atm die off, it's goodnight Irene - nothing but a gradual process of decay from then on, a gradual descent to barbarism and the law of the jungle.

And there probably won't be a "next time" either, since all the easily-reachable fossil fuels that could kickstart another industrial revolution have already been exhausted.

We have (very nearly) failed our Great Filter test.
Brutal but as you know good times create weak men, etc...

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
All the aggresive woke shit isn't going to stick, relax. The world has never seen cultural supremacy achieved through aggressiveness, it's not going to start now with pronouns or the absurd depictions of blacks ruling the world.

It might hold in the US since wokeism is obviously backed by a lot of money, but this isn't Coca-Cola they'd be exporting.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
All the aggresive woke shit isn't going to stick, relax. The world has never seen cultural supremacy achieved through aggressiveness, it's not going to start now with pronouns or the absurd depictions of blacks ruling the world.

It might hold in the US since it's obviously backed by a lot of money, but this isn't Coca-Cola they'd be exporting.

You should tell that to China...

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

It might hold in the US since wokeism is obviously backed by a lot of money, but this isn't Coca-Cola they'd be exporting.
While the most aggressive parts of it will be dialed back the underlying ideology won't, though calling it a kwan export is dumb, it's just basic human decency found all over the west. So either you enjoy woke content or you stop playing games in the future, your decision

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Dude, nearly a million girls in the UK (mostly White, some Sikh) were raped by Pakistani rape gangs for years because the British establishment was scared to do anything about it for fear of being called "racist." Today, in the US, there's a holocaust of White people at the hands of Blacks, but it only gets reported locally because the establishment is terrified of a backlash from Whites. These are failures of the most basic function of government: to protect the weak and innocent. At a lower level, for example the "gig economy" is functionally identical to a feudal economy, just with snazzy tech toys. Peoples' lives are increasingly truncated and restricted, with an illusion of choice and freedom.

The entire global system is too far gone for anything short of revolution to change it now.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It goes back to the progressives of the 1870s who in turn were infected by the German immigrants of the 1840s that fled because of their failed communist coup. This is for the US by the way.

Yep. Honestly, the greatest problem of ""western civilization"" is the tolerance towards egalitarian anti freedom ideas. Any Aztec leader, Nordic Jarl, Zulu King, Japanese Shogun and so on would have guys like Marx, Adorno, Gramsci executed or exiled.

The only way this keeps going is if they brainwash the kids,

Why do you think that BlackRock invests so much money in cultural products and in fighting homeschool and right to chose schools?

So either you enjoy woke content or you stop playing games in the future, your decision

Most of the world is not woke. Western Europe + Anglosphere aka "west" is. Some countries like Brazil are. But the entirety of Central/Eastern Europe, Asia, where most of people live and so on aren't woke. CCP despite ALL criticism towards them due they being Tyrannical is trying to protect Chinese people from woke virus. Feminism is almost non existent there.

The entire global system is too far gone for anything short of revolution to change it now.

Revolution is not needed. Every single society based in equality collapsed and will gonna collapse.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
While the most aggressive parts of it will be dialed back the underlying ideology won't, though calling it a kwan export is dumb, it's just basic human decency found all over the west. So either you enjoy woke content or you stop playing games in the future, your decision
Basic human decency=starfield=making every white character a lazy, dishonest criminal piece of shit

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Fedora Master doing Groundpounder quest now, but can't help thinking that combat feels awesome, I don't play other FPSs so don't know how it compares but an improvement over Fallout 4

BruceVC

Magister

But what do you define as woke content? I support inclusivity in games like LGBT Romance for those inclined. Or the option to create a non-white main character, thats reasonable and expected

But there still must be hot women in games and decent Romance options for straight people. I am just using Romance as an example but it applies to all mechanics and components that wokeness can influence

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Most of the world is not woke. Western Europe + Anglosphere aka "west" is. Some countries like Brazil are. But the entirety of Central/Eastern Europe, Asia, where most of people live and so on aren't woke. CCP despite ALL criticism towards them due they being Tyrannical is trying to protect Chinese people from woke virus. Feminism is almost non existent there.
South Europe is not gonna be a great gig for wokeism either. Or Africa. Or lots of parts in the States I'd wager. Wokeism is on twitter and it's backed by companies trying to sell, that's it. The vast majority of population on this globe responds agressively to any of the woke shit, nobody's gonna culturally appropriate pronouns or any of the other shit.

You know who else is making a money backed foray into culture? They Saudis, though they picked football instead of video games. You know what they do to LGBT?

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
So either you enjoy woke content or you stop playing games in the future, your decision

China is speedrunning the development of the western world. Give them 20 years and they'll arrive where we are now. They are already well on the way

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

But what do you define as woke content? I support inclusivity in games like LGBT Romance for those inclined. Or the option to create a non-white main character, thats reasonable and expected

But there still must be hot women in games and decent Romance options for straight people. I am just using Romance as an example but it applies to all mechanics and components that wokeness can influence

Like I said, the most aggressive and dumb parts of woke content will be dialed back eventually, proper inclusivity and non-white chars + good looking chars isn't an either or thing, you can have both

Ryzer

Arcane
Meanwhile in Asia ( even in Chinese games), every characters are white, blond with blue eyes, alongside perfect characteristics.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

I agree, already enough evidence that we reached "peak clown world".

Just look how hard Disney and co is failing.

Situation was much more dire 5 years ago when there was almost zero resistance.

sebas

Scholar
Patron
I'm getting retard ratings from people in Eastern Europe: where the fuck have you guys even seen a tranny on a street? Because I sure have never seen one. And you're worried you'll have to adopt pronouns? :lol:

Ryzer

Arcane
I'm getting retard ratings from people in Eastern Europe: where the fuck have you guys even seen a tranny on a street? Because I sure have never seen one. And you're worried you'll have to adopt pronouns? :lol:
There's a yearly pride parade in Warsaw.
tumblr_or0qz3yUUW1tzeqovo2_500.jpg

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
cozier ship mod
The various cabin modules seem to have different variants, with some having more crew or passenger slots. I'm assuming there are bunk and crafting station modules but the names are unclear and there's no preview from what I can tell.

I tried modding an existing ship (Crimson Haunt); I replaced the cockpit in the same spot and suddenly the game told me it was unconnected to the cabin/ramp and couldn't fly. So I think some of the pre-made ships fudge the rules a bit. Or it's just typical busted Bethesda launch stuff.
Different modules (even of the same kind) may have different connector points for possible doors & hatches, you must take it into account when sticking those around.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated

Like I said, the most aggressive and dumb parts of woke content will be dialed back eventually, proper inclusivity and non-white chars + good looking chars isn't an either or thing, you can have both
We don't need inclusivity of mental illness and fantasy games should be white dominated. #StopCultrualAppropriation

Have no problems with sci fi games having non white people but black people suddenly being the smart people on top is a bit of a stretch judging by their science and math scores

man-erg

Novice
yup, tons of different things to do in the game, bounty hunter, pirate, cargo hauler, etc.

That's it, though. What else is there? Three things isn't "tons". And we've seen every one of those hundreds of times in other games. Most of them done better than Starfield. They are all highly repetitive and shallow, because the planets are repetitive and shallow. I don't see much chance for interesting emergent gameplay.

It is a bit of a pet peeve inb general- the statement "You can do ANYTHING in the game...fighter, mage, thief..." repeated so often. You can only ever do what the devs programmed in for you to do. Haven't heard of one faction in Starfield, that has anyting original. Pirates, Corporations, Religious weirdos, Space Marines ...

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I support inclusivity in games like LGBT Romance for those inclined. Or the option to create a non-white main character, thats reasonable and expected

There is a difference. HAving gays? Ok. Having blacks/amerindians/asians/wathever? Also ok.

Treating any non straight sexuality like something sacrosanct to be celebrated and worshiped and anything which the average straight guy likes as "heresy" is not ok. Worshiping bear scene in BG3 and at the same time criticizing fan service in gatcha games is not ok. That is my critique towards the ESG agenda. Homosexuality existed in many cultures around the world. There is nothing wrong with depicting it in any media. The problem is the social engineering projects which the progressists wanna to impose into everyone.

Give them 20 years and they'll arrive where we are now

And the west will decay even more, become more and more similar to Brazil, in every aspect possible...

Eastern Europe

CDPR now has a ESG score.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom