Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Eh... you're not a very good RPG player if the decisions you made in your real life have lead you to be terminally online having spats about non-issues with people you "know" from their posting history, and to a lack of real human contact.

Tyrr

Liturgist
Lol, friendly fire in youtubeland:

He makes better points for what's bad in the game than most of the overt haters here do.

These people really are the worst. "Oh I hate SJW culture as much as anyone else, but hey, it's only a single pronoun selection screen! Both sides are bad mkay!"

They're the worst sorts of decline enablers, the main reason why the overton window continues to shift so far and so quickly. Fuck all of them.

You call these people collaborators. Usually they are even more hated than the enemy.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Dude, I've followed your posts since I've signed up. The old you would have shat all over this game for what I'm pointing out. What changed in the last two years for you to accept subpar racist propaganda?
Maybe I learned to accept "good enough at this point in time" as a result.

If you think you've always been the unmatched genius you are today, you're wrong. Scores, hundreds of people have put up with your inanity throughout your life in order to bring you up to what you are today.

Sounds like a you problem then that you should work on. I don't accept shit and neither should you.

I never said you were a genius. I said that you were intelligent and could think for yourself. What changed? Why can't you answer that question?

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
JamesDixon seems like a very reasonable and balanced person, no personality defects or mental health issues at all

Oh yeah the old ad hominem logical fallacy since you can't actually do an intelligent discussion. You join the rest of the retards on the retards list. Enjoy your stay.

ColaWerewolf

Educated
If I want to pew pew in space, I have FS2 with its great story, capital ships, dogfights and ion beams. If I want to shoot some baddies on the ground, there is abundance of FPS. Trading? X3 is the unsurpassed example. Visit interesting alien worlds? I heard NMS is actually good at that. Building? Empyrion is your game.
You're right, there's specialized games that do all of those things better. But being able to do all of those things in one game is an immersive feature that gives you a sense of freedom and free-roaming that's missing from specialized games. You can pick and choose what you want to do and move fluidly between activities at any given time.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
If I want to pew pew in space, I have FS2 with its great story, capital ships, dogfights and ion beams. If I want to shoot some baddies on the ground, there is abundance of FPS. Trading? X3 is the unsurpassed example. Visit interesting alien worlds? I heard NMS is actually good at that. Building? Empyrion is your game.
You're right, there's specialized games that do all of those things better. But being able to do all of those things in one game is an immersive feature that gives you a sense of freedom and free-roaming that's missing from specialized games. You can pick and choose what you want to do and move fluidly between activities at any given time.
why you guys not talking about the quests?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Dude, I've followed your posts since I've signed up. The old you would have shat all over this game for what I'm pointing out. What changed in the last two years for you to accept subpar racist propaganda?

If you think you've always been the unmatched genius you are today, you're wrong. Scores, hundreds of people have put up with your inanity throughout your life in order to bring you up to what you are today.

Sounds like a you problem then that you should work on. I don't accept shit and neither should you.

I never said you were a genius. I said that you were intelligent and could think for yourself. What changed? Why can't you answer that question?
Over time your priorities on which battles to accept and which matters to let fall tend to change. Not extremely so, but they change.

The old me wouldn't have installed Starfield to begin with. Why does the current you need to waste time shitting on it? No one cares about your opinion anyway. Or mine, or Vic's.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Vic, does the game have any amazing quest chains? I'm thinking Dark Brotherhood chains here.
idk I just started doing quests, just random side quests that I found while entering a solar system or finding in a city/hub. Outside of the boring fetch quests in Atlantis these were quite funny and send you usually to other places in the galaxy to explore... I definitely think quests are the meat and potatoes of the game because the procedurally generated stuff gets boring quickly.

FugueLah

Scholar
You know we literally all agree with you about the woke shit, right? When the pendulum swings back it won't have anything to do with you or people like you. It will be normies fixing the mess other normies made. Just sit back and relax and make the most of a shitty situation.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I did, asshole.
Do Groundpounder, tell me with a straight face the voice acting is anything but amateurish.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

unmatched genius :lol:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Over time your priorities on which battles to accept and which matters to let fall tend to change. Not extremely so, but they change.

The old me wouldn't have installed Starfield to begin with. Why does the current you need to waste time shitting on it? No one cares about your opinion anyway. Or mine, or Vic's.

Mine never changed. I've still got the same convictions I was raised with and to never accept shit that isn't right. If anything, all this shit has done has made me dig my heels in further in protest.

Why do you need to post here? You know the answer to the question. It's to socialize and to discuss things. That's the goal of communication isn't it? We're social creatures and we enjoy the banter back and forth.

If no one cared about your opinion you wouldn't be sharing it. You like my opinion deep down because you know I'm right. I like your opinion because you have a right to it. You defend it even when it's retarded to do so. I will rate you as appropriately as you rate me.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It's really baffling how so many people are failing to grasp how fundamentally and incredibly evil, satanic and Orwellian this pronouns shit is.

This is LITERALLY like trying to force people into accepting 2+2=5. No buts about it it's on the exact same level and yet most are either apathetic or supportive.

FugueLah

Scholar
I haven't seen much of any gay shit in the game apart from the option to have they/them pronouns. The most woke shit in the game is all the blacks, especially all the black scientists, doctors, and engineers. Statistically impossible unless humanity underwent mass scale eugenics in the lore.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
You know we literally all agree with you about the woke shit, right? When the pendulum swings back it won't have anything to do with you or people like you. It will be normies fixing the mess other normies made. Just sit back and relax and make the most of a shitty situation.

The pendulum won't swing back. Short of some kind of revolution, Western civ is irretrievably fucked. Once the Boomers who're holding it together with spit and duck tape atm die off, it's goodnight Irene - nothing but a gradual process of decay from then on, a gradual descent to barbarism and the law of the jungle.

And there probably won't be a "next time" either, since all the easily-reachable fossil fuels that could kickstart another industrial revolution have already been exhausted.

We have (very nearly) failed our Great Filter test.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Enjoy the cultural revolution where the past is recreated by falsifying it to suit an agenda following Orwell's stated warnings in 1984. These people are using his warning as a guidebook on how to destroy the west.

Yuri Bezmenov warned everyone about it.

And people who survived the Maoist revolution like xi van fleet are saying that Baizuo ideology is very similar to Maoist ideology. The greatest difference between the revolutionary left and the progressist left is that one wanna instate their North Korea style hell on Earth, with guilty by association, Thoughtcrime(they call hate speech), no propriety rights, no freedom of association, no privacy and so on gradually and call it """progress"", another wanna to revolutionize and establish it instantly.

What is the difference between living in pods and living in commieblock? Being jailed for calling Lysenkoism a pseudo science and being jailed for calling gender ideology a pseudo science? Being forced to use "they" pronoun to a single individual and being forced to call everyone Tovarishch? A Polish American who moved to USA decades after slavery ended being guilty by slavery like someone is guilty by someone else crime in North Korea?

We can see the cultural revolution impact in video games. Game engines are better than ever. Budgets higher than ever. Yet, video games are shittier than ever.

I tried to watch a stream and so boring.
  • Extremely linear handholding intro
  • Very low lethality combat
  • With guns that looks more like toys
  • Constantly "insta travel"
  • Medpacks which insta work from menu
  • Zero memorable npc's
  • Nothing interesting in worldbuilding side
Dropped after watching about 1 hour with 2x speed.

Honestly, worse even than Oblivion, the worst Bugthesda game which I played so far. And no, I din't played FL4/76. The unique fallout in name from bugthesda which I played is 3.

And I bought in a huge discount and paid in Argentine Peso.

It's really baffling how so many people are failing to grasp how fundamentally and incredibly evil, satanic and Orwellian this pronouns shit is.

This is LITERALLY like trying to force people into accepting 2+2=5. No buts about it it's on the exact same level and yet most are either apathetic or supportive.

Is literally 1984 new speech. They are even trying to destroy very gendered languages, aka most of the languages in the world.

And if a game has it, it will have woke characters and other BS.

Baizuo's can't create good things, only corrupt what is good.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
The pronouns are the least of it. This game is the most anti white game ever made

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom