Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Motherfucker, I just said that troon academics of today are trying to gaslight you into believing that there was a fucking batallion of gaylords in Sparta
So if what Plato wrote was bullshit, how do you know it was different. In Sparta. 2000 years ago?

If you truly want to learn here are two videos that refute Greece was pedophiles and gay.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
It's funny and fitting Bethesda made the most anti white AAA game of all time. Todd Howard probably doesn't have a political bone in his body but he's the perfect embodiment of a soulless corporate suit. He made the most anti white game of all time because he thinks it's good business

A couple of black guys and dukedingleberry suddenly goes into shock, you guys are a joke
I don't mind non white people in a space game. Every white character in the game being a piece of shit criminal isn't anti white to you femboi?

It's all in your mind femboi, that is, your massive persecution complex

ropetight

Savant
All the aggresive woke shit isn't going to stick, relax. The world has never seen cultural supremacy achieved through aggressiveness, it's not going to start now with pronouns or the absurd depictions of blacks ruling the world.

It might hold in the US since wokeism is obviously backed by a lot of money, but this isn't Coca-Cola they'd be exporting.
While the most aggressive parts of it will be dialed back the underlying ideology won't, though calling it a kwan export is dumb, it's just basic human decency found all over the west. So either you enjoy woke content or you stop playing games in the future, your decision
But what do you define as woke content? I support inclusivity in games like LGBT Romance for those inclined. Or the option to create a non-white main character, thats reasonable and expected

But there still must be hot women in games and decent Romance options for straight people. I am just using Romance as an example but it applies to all mechanics and components that wokeness can influence
Having gay sex in games is not woke, it is just disgusting.
Woke is when you can't avoid NPC's talking about it or openly suggesting butt fucking to you at every step.
And you have to agree with it like good little soldier.
Would you support how they did Romance in DA:I which was inclusive but not forced on your character? So for example in the dialogue option there was the heart option but if you didnt follow that option there was no further Romance initiation

That created a dialogue reality where Romance was available but not intrusive or overt?
No, if there is no dialogue option to tell the NPC to fuck off with the faggotry.
Problem is developers taking away from you the choice to respond in a negative way - as BeamDog did with SoD.

Woke stuff is also game having inverted standards in display of hetero and homosexuality.
In the latest mainstream sludge hetero attraction is displayed as creepy and perverted, while gayness must be accepted with sparkling rainbow in your eyes.

Motherfucker, I just said that troon academics of today are trying to gaslight you into believing that there was a fucking batallion of gaylords in Sparta
So if what Plato wrote was bullshit, how do you know it was different. In Sparta. 2000 years ago?
What is bullshit is your understanding of Plato if you ever entertained the idea that he defended pederasty. Are you high? Did you take a uni course where a feminist/troon/gaylord gave you a completely falsified reading of the Symposium? It's alright.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
It's funny and fitting Bethesda made the most anti white AAA game of all time. Todd Howard probably doesn't have a political bone in his body but he's the perfect embodiment of a soulless corporate suit. He made the most anti white game of all time because he thinks it's good business

A couple of black guys and dukedingleberry suddenly goes into shock, you guys are a joke
I don't mind non white people in a space game. Every white character in the game being a piece of shit criminal isn't anti white to you femboi?

It's all in your mind femboi, that is, your massive persecution complex
No that's actually how the game is.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Well, to be fair, whites have kinda just a little bit fucked them for centuries.

In the US it was a black Rhodesian man that brought slavery from Africa to the colonies. Casor v. Parker (1654) is the case you want. Blacks have been fucking themselves up for centuries. You should really read the accounts about the ghettos of big cities in the 1700s-1800s filled with freed blacks. Their neighborhoods and problems are identical back then as it is today.

BruceVC

Magister
Gays have been around forever, buttseks is not woke, just discusting. It's pretty funny how wokeism just highjacked their legal marriage goal and turned it into this shitfest.
Sodomy among men has been around for a long time, but never before socially accepted - and for good reason. No matter how much troon 'academics' of today try to gaslight the entire world into believing that ancient Greece was a haven for pederasts, that was never true. That sort of behaviour was always shunned.

What we see today is the glorification of all forms of extreme degeneracy, each one a slippery slope into the next deeper hole. It's the weaponization of the lumpen class to achieve revolution on a global scale - the ultimate goal being drastic mass murder (euphemistically bandied around as depopulation). That's the only agenda that matters.
Im not sure thats historically accurate when you say "homosexuality was shunned in ancient Greece"

The sacred band was an elite unit of soldiers and they were all gay and this was well known

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_Band_of_Thebes
Motherfucker, I just said that troon academics of today are trying to gaslight you into believing that there was a fucking batallion of gaylords in Sparta and you try to refute me by quoting a fucking wikipedia article based on... troon academics making fairy stories about gaylords in Sparta?

You're really the posterchild for the rainbow nation, aren't you?
Yes but they werent from Sparta, they were from Thebes

Are you saying you dont believe they existed at all? If so post the link that raises this because I would like to read it ?

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
All the aggresive woke shit isn't going to stick, relax. The world has never seen cultural supremacy achieved through aggressiveness, it's not going to start now with pronouns or the absurd depictions of blacks ruling the world.

It might hold in the US since wokeism is obviously backed by a lot of money, but this isn't Coca-Cola they'd be exporting.
While the most aggressive parts of it will be dialed back the underlying ideology won't, though calling it a kwan export is dumb, it's just basic human decency found all over the west. So either you enjoy woke content or you stop playing games in the future, your decision
But what do you define as woke content? I support inclusivity in games like LGBT Romance for those inclined. Or the option to create a non-white main character, thats reasonable and expected

But there still must be hot women in games and decent Romance options for straight people. I am just using Romance as an example but it applies to all mechanics and components that wokeness can influence
Woke is when you can't avoid NPC's talking about it or openly suggesting butt fucking to you at every step.
Would you support how they did Romance in DA:I which was inclusive but not forced on your character? So for example in the dialogue option there was the heart option but if you didnt follow that option there was no further Romance initiation

That created a dialogue reality where Romance was available but not intrusive or overt?
No, if there is no dialogue option to tell the NPC to fuck off with the faggotry.
Problem is developers taking away from you the choice to respond in a negative way - as BeamDog did with SoD.

Woke stuff is also game having inverted standards in display of hetero and homosexuality.
In the latest mainstream sludge hetero attraction is displayed as creepy and perverted, while gayness must be accepted with sparkling rainbow in your eyes.
Absolutely. Put gay stuff in the game alright but give me the option to respond negatively to it. Not negatively like there isn't anything between us, negatively responding to them actually being gay. There isn't a single option in BG3 dialogue where your character can even say no I'm not gay. It's like being straight doesn't even exist.

BruceVC

Magister
Gays have been around forever, buttseks is not woke, just discusting. It's pretty funny how wokeism just highjacked their legal marriage goal and turned it into this shitfest.
Sodomy among men has been around for a long time, but never before socially accepted - and for good reason. No matter how much troon 'academics' of today try to gaslight the entire world into believing that ancient Greece was a haven for pederasts, that was never true. That sort of behaviour was always shunned.

What we see today is the glorification of all forms of extreme degeneracy, each one a slippery slope into the next deeper hole. It's the weaponization of the lumpen class to achieve revolution on a global scale - the ultimate goal being drastic mass murder (euphemistically bandied around as depopulation). That's the only agenda that matters.
Im not sure thats historically accurate when you say "homosexuality was shunned in ancient Greece"

The sacred band was an elite unit of soldiers and they were all gay and this was well known

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_Band_of_Thebes
Motherfucker, I just said that troon academics of today are trying to gaslight you into believing that there was a fucking batallion of gaylords in Sparta and you try to refute me by quoting a fucking wikipedia article based on... troon academics making fairy stories about gaylords in Sparta?

You're really the posterchild for the rainbow nation, aren't you?
Alright, I'll be nice here - for a differing perspective, see:

https://ancientheroes.net/blog//did-an-army-of-lovers-really-dominate-ancient-greece#:~:text=For some scholars, this finding,actually be Macedonians, not Thebans.

http://ancientheroes.net/blog/sacred-band-notes

Don't lick up every regurgitated nonsense that you come across on Wikipedia. Think for a bit.
Thanks for posting this, I will go through it because its relevant to what I mentioned earlier and it is important to what I believe is true about the sacred band

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
Well, to be fair, whites have kinda just a little bit fucked them for centuries.
Sort of but not in the way you think. White people brought black people into a society where they are constantly out competed and out smarted. The problem isn't slavery. The problem is black people trying to compete with people who have 20+ higher IQ points on average. Imagine someone dropped you into a technological society where the average person is significantly smarter than you. You would get angry too

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
The space combat is quite fun when unlock the thrusters and upgrade your ship. Makes me want a Wing Commander IV remaster from Nightdive.
another point that you have to invest some time in the game for it to get good

combat gets more fun too if you invest some skill points and find Powers.

just a PSA I read that you lose all your shit except levels when you do NG+ so don't hoard too much stuff in a new game.
NG+ has some cool stuff, reportedly
It actually changes the world to an extent.
Like, Contellation may not exist, various NPCs may be dead or have different roles, some events may have different outcomes etc.

Which does sound cool, even if it's nothing too major, still an original idea.
That said, I'm not sure it works well for a sandbox game where you spend half your playtime customizing ships, building colonies etc - loosing all of that is an overkill.
Would be much cooler if the original universe was preserved and you could return to it anytime after exploring the alternative universes.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't think I've seen a single screenshot or segment of gameplay that makes me think, "Wow, that looks like some really cool future art design, it fills me with a sense of wonder, my palms are sweating and I really want to inhabit this amazing virtual world for a spell."
Starfield-9-7-2023-9-15-45-AM.png

Is this just one room or are there schools in cities? Asking because I wonder about education in the setting.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Is this just one room or are there schools in cities? Asking because I wonder about education in the setting.
that's a colony ship that has been in space for 200 years. you can encounter it in one of the solar systems (forgot which one) and it starts a questline to help them out, this classroom is on board the ship.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

In the US it was a black Rhodesian man that brought slavery from Africa to the colonies. Casor v. Parker (1654) is the case you want. Blacks have been fucking themselves up for centuries. You should really read the accounts about the ghettos of big cities in the 1700s-1800s filled with freed blacks. Their neighborhoods and problems are identical back then as it is today.

Not only that. Was WHITES which ended slavery everywhere.

Was the British who patrolled the seas to fight African slave trade. Was the British which pressured many countries to end slavery. Brazil received dozens of times more slaves than USA and in Brazil,was a blonde, blue eyed princess which ended slavery. Many people in Eastern Europe and Southern Europe ended being enslaved by Ottomans for example. Does it justify any hatred towards this group? Other thing, the Arab slavery was much more brutal than the trans Atlantic slave trade.

It looks as dull as dishwater. I don't think I've seen a single screenshot or segment of gameplay that makes me think, "Wow, that looks like some really cool future art design, it fills me with a sense of wonder, my palms are sweating and I really want to inhabit this amazing virtual world for a spell."

Agreed.

Honestly, this is the worst setting made by bugthesda.

I can enjoy cyberpunk setting, post apocalypse setting, but extremely far into the future is almost always bland and boring. Except wh40k. A space setting can have problems with interacting with literal aliens, conflicts over religion and too dangerous tech, people wanting a united humankind and people wanting to find another planet to become free there and so on, so many interesting themes which a very futuristic setting can have. But no, boring fetch quest, boring bland planet.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
that's a colony ship that has been in space for 200 years. you can encounter it in one of the solar systems (forgot which one) and it starts a questline to help them out, this school is on board the ship.
Sounds like it would be fun to take the ship and eject them into space. I hope it's possible.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Not only that. Was WHITES which ended slavery everywhere.

Was the British who patrolled the seas to fight African slave trade. Was the British which pressured many countries to end slavery. Brazil received dozens of times more slaves than USA and in Brazil,was a blonde, blue eyed princess which ended slavery. Many people in Eastern Europe and Southern Europe ended being enslaved by Ottomans for example. Does it justify any hatred towards this group? Other thing, the Arab slavery was much more brutal than the trans Atlantic slave trade.

Yup and the US had their own anti-slavery patrol that helped stop northern slavery importers after the 1808 prohibition on the importation of slaves as per Article 1 Section 9 Clause 1 of the Constitution of the United States.

Vic

Savant
Konjad the quests are really well done imo, you should try a couple, but don't do any in New Atlantis, most of them are boring.

If you fly to a solar system, you can get a call that gives you a quest, I just did Groundpounder which you get if you fly into the Altair system, after Fedora Master mentioned it, and it was a p cool war-style quest.

Lots of cool quests in the game tbh

Konjad

Patron
Konjad the quests are really well done imo, you should try a couple, but don't do any in New Atlantis, most of them are boring.

If you fly to a solar system, you can get a call that gives you a quest, I just did Groundpounder which you get if you fly into the Altair system, after Fedora Master mentioned it, and it was a p cool war-style quest.
Maybe I'll give it a try. When I find myself run the game one day again. So far reached level 4 or 5 and got bored, didn't run it since then, but I haven't uninstalled yet.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

Absolutely. Put gay stuff in the game alright but give me the option to respond negatively to it. Not negatively like there isn't anything between us, negatively responding to them actually being gay. There isn't a single option in BG3 dialogue where your character can even say no I'm not gay. It's like being straight doesn't even exist.

You could just shoot them all in the face if you don't like gays. C&C and all that.

Vic

Savant
Maybe I'll give it a try. When I find myself run the game one day again. So far reached level 4 or 5 and got bored, didn't run it since then, but I haven't uninstalled yet.
Altair is level 15, I think you can find other quests if you follow the main quest a bit, or just fly into a solar system and wait 2-3 seconds if you get a transmission that can start a quest.

Yosharian

Arcane
Put gay stuff in the game alright but give me the option to respond negatively to it.
Lmao can you imagine the shitstorm that would ensue if Todd gave people the option to say shit like "being gay is totally disgusting btw Sarah" or "how dare you fist my asshole without asking permission first Vasco?"

Like you guys are actually living in a dream world

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom