Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
So.... about the game. Is questing fun?
The faction quests are fun, I'm doing Crimson Fleet (the space pirates) now and it's good, wider selection of dialogue options than previous Bethesda games and some fun roleplaying options. I'm picking up other quests as I go and while most are just fetch quests there are a few interesting ones here and there. No idea about the main quest though as I ran in the opposite direction of the lady in charge of the central organisation as soon as I could (as I do with all NPCs in Bethesda games that try to make me engage with the plot).

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
All this talk about pronoms and race is fucking stupid. Those things are not a problem. We have cringy shit in BG3 but you don't even care because the game si good and keeps you interested.

Starfield's problem is the fact that it's a mix of elements stolen from other games and assembled into a mediocre and boring game. What bothers me even more is the insane hype created by Bethesda through low iq stans,influencers, shills and progressive media that does not give a shit about gaming but sees this as an opportonity to push their stuff. There is nothing original about this game. It's not even a quality implementation of stolen ideas. Making a mediocre game after 7 years and 400 million dollars is not an achievement to brag about.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:lol:

vvnpnzf.png

aZau8wA.png

pz7QV0L.png

buahahahaha lol no

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I'm enjoying it, I think the random sidequests that you can find can be fun and send you to new locations to discover and more quests to pick up.

I think doing quests is the best way to explore SF.

Oh and whenever you jump to a new solar system, wait for a few seconds and see if you pick up a transmission, that happens quite often too and may start a quest.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Based answer.

Nope. Honestly, the game should run well in low settings if the PC meets the minimum requirements and it runs like shit :

We have cringy shit in BG3 but you don't even care because the game si good and keeps you interested.

There are two types of woke infestation. Games made with woke bs in mind and games made without it which AFTER some time, decided to put it.

ropetight

Savant
All the aggresive woke shit isn't going to stick, relax. The world has never seen cultural supremacy achieved through aggressiveness, it's not going to start now with pronouns or the absurd depictions of blacks ruling the world.

It might hold in the US since wokeism is obviously backed by a lot of money, but this isn't Coca-Cola they'd be exporting.
While the most aggressive parts of it will be dialed back the underlying ideology won't, though calling it a kwan export is dumb, it's just basic human decency found all over the west. So either you enjoy woke content or you stop playing games in the future, your decision
But what do you define as woke content? I support inclusivity in games like LGBT Romance for those inclined. Or the option to create a non-white main character, thats reasonable and expected

But there still must be hot women in games and decent Romance options for straight people. I am just using Romance as an example but it applies to all mechanics and components that wokeness can influence
Having gay sex in games is not woke, it is just disgusting.
Woke is when you can't avoid NPC's talking about it or openly suggesting butt fucking to you at every step.
And you have to agree with it like good little soldier.
Would you support how they did Romance in DA:I which was inclusive but not forced on your character? So for example in the dialogue option there was the heart option but if you didnt follow that option there was no further Romance initiation

That created a dialogue reality where Romance was available but not intrusive or overt?
No, if there is no dialogue option to tell the NPC to fuck off with the faggotry.
Problem is developers taking away from you the choice to respond in a negative way - as BeamDog did with SoD.

Woke stuff is also game having inverted standards in display of hetero and homosexuality.
In the latest mainstream sludge hetero attraction is displayed as creepy and perverted, while gayness must be accepted with sparkling rainbow in your eyes.
Absolutely. Put gay stuff in the game alright but give me the option to respond negatively to it. Not negatively like there isn't anything between us, negatively responding to them actually being gay. There isn't a single option in BG3 dialogue where your character can even say no I'm not gay. It's like being straight doesn't even exist.

You could just shoot them all in the face if you don't like gays. C&C and all that.
You could if you want to shoot everybody and game allows you to.
What if he is quest giver and I just don't want to listen about his tirade how ass fucking is the best thing in the world?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The writing is super boring,it is boomer tier garbo. Lacks any imaginations,the game feels like 1970 in space. There is zero scifi in it,just space ships lol. It lacks any creativity,the level design really suffers from it. Every place feels like a sad boomer's office. Also lol at the story,300 years in the future earth looses its magnetic powas and humans decide to fuck off to other planets lol,they decided to colonize mars.....the planet that have no magnetic powaz for thousands of years....buahahahah. The level of idiotic writing rivals that of modern tumbler retards that wrote bg3.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
The faction quests are fun, I'm doing Crimson Fleet (the space pirates) now and it's good

Based on my readings about the game this far, this quest will come up 99% of the time as an example that quests are great. I'm not hearing about many other great questline though
Yeah, to be fair it's definitely the most interesting one I've stumbled across so far. That said I think part of the reason it's getting so much attention is how early you can start it (you only need to get caught committing a crime to be introduced to it, and I'm guessing that most people try to steal whatever isn't nailed down so end up getting it very soon after hitting New Atlantis), so I wouldn't rule out the possibility of similarly interesting questlines later in the game that aren't as accessible as this one and thus aren't getting the same attention.

Sunri

Liturgist
did they beat the popularity record? how many cucks are in the game right now

Mortmal

Arcane
For those who are further in the game, is it possible to get rid of Sarah Morgan and find another waifu?
absolutely, just progress the main quest a bit to get Andreja. But she is a goodie-two-shoes too, although a badass.

I heard that if you do the Crimson Fleet questline you can get some evil companions.
I'm going to do that, crimson fleet allegiance, because the NPCs they've assigned me so far are infuriating, with their overly virtuous behavior in an already overly woke setting. However, I would be surprised to encounter any better options even along the Crimson questline. The game has some redeeming qualities, but it alternates between good fun , cringe-worthy moments and extremely poorly done scripted sequences, like the airport attack. It's clear that all positions of power in the game are held by women, and Black characters are portrayed as strictly good, honorable soldiers, or even outright saints worthy of worship. Any evil characters I've encountered are portrayed as white and characterized by simplistic, cartoonish evilness.

ADL

Prophet
If I didn't hate the game before, I certainly hate it now (as a "roleplaying game", as a looter shooter, it's fine and much better than Fallout 4).

Expose massive conspiracy involving the CEO of one of the largest ship manufacturers in the galaxy
Confesses in front of his top manufacturing employee
Attacks an officer of the law in his factory within earshot of a lobby full of employees and customers
Wipe out the CEO and corporate security in a hangar connected to their offices
Go up to receptionist twenty five feet away from where everyone was killed and she asks how I'm doing and asks me what I'd like to buy
Travel across four systems to meet with the Marshall to report on my investigation and he asks how it went as if word wouldn't have reached him about one of the most important economic events to even take place throughout the galaxy

Certain Call of Duty games in recent memory were more reactive to my actions than this. What the fuck is this garbage.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I'm enjoying it, I think the random sidequests that you can find can be fun and send you to new locations to discover and more quests to pick up.

I think doing quests is the best way to explore SF.

Oh and whenever you jump to a new solar system, wait for a few seconds and see if you pick up a transmission, that happens quite often too and may start a quest.
I am glad to read that. With the ever-growing number of cross-genre games, I find it good to equip oneself with the ability to let go of expectations of what some games should've been and instead approach them with an open mind. To like and enjoy what they offer on their own terms, no genre classification pre-applied.

So, I like what you say. I probably won't buy SF anytime soon, because now I know it's not the sci-fi opus RPG with robust attributes'n'skills system I would like to play now and for such price. But in time, I may fancy a sci-fi FPS with good random sidequests and some RPG elements, and I will know where to look.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Anyway, Crimson Fleet questline: I really love what they're going for but it doesn't fully come off. There are a few "social stealth" bits that almost suggest like they're going to play out like Hitman. Infiltrating the party on the luxury cruiser and trying to steal the ComSpike from the military ship are both way cool conceptually, but torpedoed by the presence of the quest compass. I think one great mod could be a quest compass removal one, like Skyrim had - though navigating New Atlantis would be a massive fucking hassle without the compass.
When it comes to quests that do this stuff in Bethesda games, I think the compass should lead you to the cell or at least the interior with the item (or the target) but not show you exactly where it is.
Assuming the cell is about the size of a small room.

There's a mod for Skyrim called Legacy of the Dragonborn that requires you to go through several dungeons and pick up unmarked physics enabled items to progress, and some of these items are tiny.
If you go in with big explosive spells, the items just go flying everywhere, and you'll find yourself forced to search for them, and that is not fun.
In one dungeon, a Draugr ruin, I had charged in with the Fire Rune spells and blasted a tiny key to who knows where,
I had to search for it, and I gave up after about 20 minutes, because it was completely eluding me.
Then fired up SSEEdit, cross referenced all the keys in the mod with the dungeon I was in to get the 'Reference Id', and then used player.moveto to teleport to the thing.
The process repeated at least 3 more times for quest critical notes.
Point of the story: Not having obnoxious quest markers in a Bethesda game isn't always a good thing.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Certain Call of Duty games in recent memory were more reactive to my actions than this. What the fuck is this garbage.
that's bethesda :lol:

btw, how would you compare the combat to FPS like CoD? I think it's pretty good. They throw a lot of enemies at you and it feels nice and hectic, the only other FPS that I played were the other Fallouts tho so I can't say, but it's definitely better than FO4 imo

ADL

Prophet
how would you compare the combat to FPS like CoD?
Modern Warfare 2019/MWII have the best feeling guns in a AAA shooter in recent memory but I do like that if I shoot someone with a rifle in Starfield there's a reaction and they kind of stagger and stumble around. Enemies can be bullet sponges to an annoying degree in the early game but I haven't had a problem since I hit level 20 and got some damage perks going and decent rolls on my gear.

Starfield gunplay = 6.5/10 serviceable; much improved ranged combat compared to Fallout 4/76 and it has much better modding potential than Fallout 4

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom