Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
gays?

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I think I've found the worst voice acting in an AAA gave I've ever heard
yeah some of the voice acting is really amateurish, but I think they also have twice as many voice acted lines than in Fallout 4, if you can believe them

vmbf4hhxqet91.png

Moink

Cipher
Also while everyone complains about the blacks I'd like to question why, out of the blacks, like half of them have really thick Ugandan/East African accents, I get constant "Who Killed Captain Alex?" vibes from them.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
For me a Bethesda game is one with scenery, with a big world you can explore (and be dissapointed along the way, sure) knowing that you will eventually run into some cool little stuff. Bethesda games also all have some really good quest chains in them.. and a crappy overarching plot that's there to get back to once you're bored. I understand the fast travel between worlds but fast travel between landing spots? Between city districts? That just kills the sense of scale and wonder for me.

This is probably my biggest issue too. I have zero sense of discovery or adventure, it feels more like I'm in Whiterun and going from house to house. Only that the interiors of the houses are huge.

Well that, and just how sterile and devoid of a personality everything feels. The world is just plasic, Sarah sounds and acts like a bored mother of three who works as an accountant in a medium sized company. Everything is just so bleh.

Modron

Arcane
Slow to load. Been having issues all morning.
Probably more to do with something in between the codex and you, once or twice a day you might stumble across a 2-3 minute nonresponsive period when the codex is backing itself up but general slow downs are not common.

ind33d

Learned
yeah some of the voice acting is really amateurish, but I think they also have twice as many voice acted lines than in Fallout 4, if you can believe them
more proof the game was supposed to have ayys, so they could bullshit the voice acting like Twi'leks in KOTOR always repeating the same gookspeak

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
more proof the game was supposed to have ayys, so they could bullshit the voice acting like Twi'leks in KOTOR always repeating the same gookspeak
nope, seems like they purposefully chose a setting in which alien life hasn't developed (haven't finished the main quest yet I think there's some alien shit)

so basically a low-fantasy sci-fi setting (NASApunk), which might be refreshing after fighting mutants and dragons. In combat it feels nice to have only human enemies tbh for a change

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine

vmbf4hhxqet91.png
I'd rather a few voiced dialogue like F1&2 but quality than what Bethesda is giving us. We went from: David Warner (rip),Clancy Brown,Keith David,Jim Cummings,Tony Jay,Ron Perlman and other quality actors(not just voice actors) to some random woke activists disguised as voice actors that Bethesda just hired. They could not even get the "ciritical role" guys who you find in Bioaware and Obsidian games. That's why voice acting fucking sucks. You have 400 million dollars and you hire amateurs to do voice acting.

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It's funny and fitting Bethesda made the most anti white AAA game of all time. Todd Howard probably doesn't have a political bone in his body but he's the perfect embodiment of a soulless corporate suit. He made the most anti white game of all time because he thinks it's good business

A couple of black guys and dukedingleberry suddenly goes into shock, you guys are a joke
I don't mind non white people in a space game. Every white character in the game being a piece of shit criminal isn't anti white to you femboi?

That isn't a statement that is even remotely close to true. I guess it goes to show the power of people's ability to alter their perception of reality, however.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
I'm enjoying the quests but absolutely hate the way they've done the space travel and ship battles, it's so clunky and pointless I'd almost prefer if they just cut everything in open space from the game altogether since most of it is so shallow anyway, and that's a pretty damning criticism for a game that was advertised as having a space exploration focus. There's still fun to be had in it, and in some ways it refines the things Bethesda have done before, but I can also see why it would be so disappointing for people who really wanted to get into the space exploration side of things.

EDIT: Oh and I hate the lack of maps/mini maps, HATE it.

Last edited:

Steezus

Savant
Patron

I will say QA for 250.000 voice lines is not exactly easy to pull off.

I will say that Larian pulled it off while not having the backing of Microsoft. I also will say that Rockstar with comparable financial backing pulled it off too, while having double the amount.

so they probably outsourced a lot and quality control wasn't that great either

So Bethesda did a shit job, yes. Not sure why you always feel the need to defend your toddian overlords. "bbbu buuu buuuut they have twice the voice lines!"

They definitely went overboard with the representation. At times it feels like you’re only talking to women. They are everywhere.

I can’t buy a 50/50 split in a group of savage Space Pirates for example. It takes away from the believability and immersion because in reality the majority of women would be disposable sluts. I’d love to see Bethesda’s take on a cartel gang.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
It's funny and fitting Bethesda made the most anti white AAA game of all time. Todd Howard probably doesn't have a political bone in his body but he's the perfect embodiment of a soulless corporate suit. He made the most anti white game of all time because he thinks it's good business

A couple of black guys and dukedingleberry suddenly goes into shock, you guys are a joke
I don't mind non white people in a space game. Every white character in the game being a piece of shit criminal isn't anti white to you femboi?

That isn't a statement that is even remotely close to true. I guess it goes to show the power of people's ability to alter their perception of reality, however.
Cucks will go to any length to justify their fandom

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Cucks will go to any length to justify their fandom

Only talking about some white NPCs I recently interacted with:

Clover in Neon (where a lot of characters of all genders and races are shady people) - Running the branch of a company her father owns and she wants to help partially pay off the loan of another character that is deeply in debt. She has a romantic interest in him, if you investigate.

Also in Neon you have the white couple (straight and white) who are running a shop and trying to organize people to stand up to the shakedown of merchants by officials.

The banker in New Atlantis who gives you quests to go get people to pay up on debts. One of my favorite quest givers. While they could have made him cold, heartless, and jaded he is actually very sympathetic and warm most of the time. Unless they are pirates or something. He expresses how some of the debtors are just down on their luck, and often asks you to treat them gently and with sympathy while trying to resolve their situation.

Even if we were to take your statement as exaggerated hyperbole it doesn't really stand up. The vast majority of white characters I have interacted with were not criminals. And I have also interacted with plenty of non-white characters doing shady or criminal things for those quests that are shadier. I honestly don't know how you could even get that impression, unless your brain is just so rotted from the culture wars that you are losing the ability to perceive things accurately when they are contrary to your preferred narratives.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom