Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
and there isn't even a world to explore, everything feels disconnected.
there is a galaxy to explore :lol:

if you start doing more quests you will learn more and more about what is going on and learn that it is indeed connected (kind of, I mean they are in space)
retard-0f60f8a3d864459abb1939e76ea61619-meme.jpeg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
For me a Bethesda game is one with scenery, with a big world you can explore (and be dissapointed along the way, sure) knowing that you will eventually run into some cool little stuff. Bethesda games also all have some really good quest chains in them.. and a crappy overarching plot that's there to get back to once you're bored. I understand the fast travel between worlds but fast travel between landing spots? Between city districts? That just kills the sense of scale and wonder for me.
It is a fast travel simulator for sure. Also lol at how shit the map i. The ui is made by retards for sure,maybe even reptilian retards,certainly not by humans.

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
image.png

These people have never seen a gun, have they.
it's clearly based on real life designs:

J8oESOV.png

It is more about the fact that most of the stuff on it is decorative and doesn't fulfill a clear function. For example, take the gold knob under the barrel towards the front. That is clearly meant to be some kind of charging handle (used to pull the bolt to the rear) but assuming this gun even has a bolt (the ammo is caseless, and one of the jobs of the bolt is to extract spent casings) that knob is nowhere near where the ammo is chambered, which would be somewhere behind the barrel.

The artist just knew that guns had knobs on them, so they added one where they thought it would look cool. And, in their defense, they have probably seen charging handles in roughly that place on many guns. But those are designs that are not bullpup (what you call gun designs where the chamber/magazine well is behind the primary rifle grip) so on those guns that is where the chamber and bolt is. But since the artist didn't know that the function of the knob was to pull the bolt to the rear to eject a spent casing and prepare to chamber a new round, they didn't understand where that needed to be in relation to the barrel.

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Q: Which parts of Starfield are created using procedural generation?
A: Most content on planets outside of named cities or quest locations is procedurally generated. This includes generic areas such as Abandoned Mining Platforms, Outposts, and other similar places. When you land on a planet, the game produces a tile with various procedurally generated points of interest, but these tiles don’t interact with each other.

Q: How can I identify hand-crafted content in Starfield?
A: All named locations in Starfield are either partially or entirely hand-crafted. If a location contains narrative content or named NPCs, it’s likely hand-made. Examples of such places are Akila City, Cydonia, and Neon.

Q: Is there a noticeable quality difference between the procedurally generated and hand-crafted content?
A: Yes, while the procedurally-generated content offers variety and exploration, there is a distinct difference in quality and narrative depth compared to hand-crafted locations. The hand-crafted sites typically contain richer stories and narratives, whereas the procedurally generated areas exist without any deeper narrative context.
So, they made the same mistake AAA developers do all the time with procedural generation, they basically used it to generate filler content and called a day, number one complaint I'm hearing from normie reviews is that it is annoying to separate filler content from handmade content unless you have a quest marker pointing to it, you are literally punished if you dont want to be lead by the nose with a quest marker pointing you to worthywhile content to the point that the game devolves into a fast travel simulator.

Seems to me the right call was to reduce the scale of the worlds, concentrate hand made content into 5 or so planets and allow free atmospheric exploration on each and have the rest of the systems be the fully proc gen worlds so the player could easily identify the content they wanted to engage in. The way they done things, they got all the bad side of procedural generation without any of advantages.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Also while everyone complains about the blacks I'd like to question why, out of the blacks, like half of them have really thick Ugandan/East African accents, I get constant "Who Killed Captain Alex?" vibes from them.

Todd got them from Fiverr.

image.png

These people have never seen a gun, have they.
it's clearly based on real life designs:

J8oESOV.png

Why does the rifle have a shock absorber between the frame and the rear grip? That's not how recoil works.

Just Locus

Educated
this thread is only for starchads
the fact that you've unironically typed in those words with little to no self-awareness is genuinely depressing.
It's a miracle you've managed to make it this far in life without walking into an open manhole or forgetting how to breathe or choking on a small toy.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
That "Welcome To Starfield" box is a engine hook to render remote messages to users.

4 months after release that thing is going to become a billboard for feeding you expansion / dlc / paid mod shit.. I can't wait for a SKSE hook to remove that garbage.

That was fast. Didn't even need a script extender.

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/88

88-1693603388-539344597.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom