Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Falksi

Arcane
So, how does it compare to Starflight?

Yoomazir

Educated
Now that Starfield's out, massively successful and universally acclaimed by EVERYBODY, can we please get hyped about Bethesda upcoming game THE ELDER SCROLLS 6? It's going to be AWESOME!!!

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
eMkLaOT.png

"I'm not trying to make a point, but I actually am."

It seems he is already old and senile. KCD2 is going to be shit

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
This game is strange. It feels more inspired than Fallout 4 and 76 which both felt cynical to me. The near future setting with a relatively contemporary aesthetic is interesting, and the OST fits perfectly with it in a way that makes me feel like I'm Neil Armstrong. But it's marred by technical incompetence and engine limitations. It's a shame to see things like radiant AI and NPC schedules be chopped, and considering how CPU heavy it is I have to wonder what the CPU is even doing. The game is so heavily instanced and NPCs are just generated and do their little loops and play their little pre-canned dialogue. Every time an NPC does the Skyrim spin to blurt out a quest hook while my companion is already speaking, or every time I find a cave and the stinger plays and I spend three minutes mining silver in it, or every dialogue where the game zooms in and NPCs give me that fluoride stare, I feel like I'm suddenly transported to 2006 again. It's bizarre.

I haven't played enough to comment on quests or writing. At the moment I'm annoyed with the crashing so I'll stop until they patch that. It's a common issue so I assume they'll fix it in time.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
fyi I "only" had 2 crashes since I started playing on sep 1
I crash every hour or two. A friend of mine couldn't get out of the tutorial they crashed so often though, and they're well beyond the minimum specs. There's lots of crashing on Xbox for some players while other players on Xbox aren't crashing at all. This kind of thing is always inconsistent between systems.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
It seems he is already old and senile. KCD2 is going to be shit
It was probably going to be shit anyway because of Embracer, same with the nuDeusEx.
Gotta get them ESG credits. Reading those comments now has made me realize he's more than prepared to adopt Bethesda's bullshit. Add him to the .txt

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
At the moment I'm annoyed with the crashing so I'll stop until they patch that. It's a common issue so I assume they'll fix it in time.
fyi I "only" had 2 crashes since I started playing on sep 1
I had zero crashes thus far in circa 50h of playtime.

I am at around 30-40 hours and no crashes for me. Although I did have one soft lock I had to restart for when I got stuck on some scenery.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
>Get a radiant quest to convince some guy to come back to the outpost
>Get to the guy
>"Yo, here's 2500 credits, go back home."
>"Okay."

QUEST DESIGN

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
this thread is only for starchads
the fact that you've unironically typed in those words with little to no self-awareness is genuinely depressing.
It's a miracle you've managed to make it this far in life without walking into an open manhole or forgetting how to breathe or choking on a small toy.
STARCHADS
You are obviously trying but you'll never beat SDG as Codex Retard Of The Year.

Ryzer

Arcane
Who cares about Elite Dangerous? it's a painfully dull and boring game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom