Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Heelsvsbabyface only has himself to blame for getting dunked on. Learn to get your point across without being a lolcow.

ferratilis

Magister
I tried that free DLSS3 mod to alleviate some stress from my puny Ryzen 5 3600, but because it's not properly implemented (because of those cocksuckers at AMD), the image quality suffers a lot. It's a commendable effort from the modder, but this kind of thing requires testing. The best bet with this game is just to be patient.
Starfield-9-7-2023-10-35-07-PM.png

Vyvian

Educated
Heelsvsbabyface only has himself to blame for getting dunked on. Learn to get your point across without being a lolcow.
That's a problem with guys like him. They can have good points to make but they deliver them via spergouts and screaming so everyone just makes memes out of them.

Naraya

Arcane
That's a problem with guys like him. They can have good points to make but they deliver them via spergouts and screaming so everyone just makes memes out of them.
It's his modus operandi though, he knows it brings views etc. You reap what you sow.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'll say another thing, I was testing perks earlier and pretty much every high rank combat perk I tested doesn't work well at all.

I tested the Armour Penetration perk against dinos that looked as if they had armored bodies. Almost nothing. Tested against armored guards at a space station. Nothing. The dinos went from taking 8 damage to taking 9 damage. That's with 4 ranks.

The Targeting perk claims to improve accuracy but I couldn't detect any improvement at all. The x-ray vision thing works though.

I tested Crippling and shot the guards with many, many rounds of a not-powerful gun. I barely saw the perk do anything. 99/100 the guards just died before they had a chance to get downed.

Since Vic is so hellbent on how this game is I decided to play it again. I played for 15 minutes. It was full of surprising action!

I went for the next MQ objective. Some Venus (yes, 500C to -150C or whatever) planet with Sarah. To a small outpost.

Since I haven't played for a while I accidentally threw a mine upon landing as I don't remember controls. Then a walking robot walked into it and got damaged for about 1/3 of HP.

Sarah screamed "This is murder! You're on your own!" and left me running into the uh... wilderness? I mean emptiness of the planet.

I wanted to apologize but everybody in the outpost started shooting me. I had to kill all of them. Including the woman who didn't wear any suit on Venus.

But before I shot last 2 people Sarah came back and helped me shoot them.

Then I talked with her and she said my choices are doubtful but she'll stick with me because I help her (do I? I don't remember).

So, um... yeah, great game.
Your persistance amazes me.

Vic , you are a true wizard. My hat is off! :lol:

BTW I did "Into the Unknown" and next step is going to Neon, but I've put it off for now. I'm not playing this any more, too busy preparing my mod list for Cyberpunk. I must say I also find shopping for mods more fun than offloading loot and fast-traveling to the next place in Starfield.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's his modus operandi though, he knows it brings views etc. You reap what you sow.
:bro:

Guys like him are the gaming-streamer incarnation of the phone sex line. They fake emotions and emit bodily sounds on demand, to procure money. The whole drama plays out so gulliable woke/reverse-woke rubes provide wider reach.

I imagine him going to the other room after screaming and cursing for the last hour, and having to look his wife and kid in the eyes. Sad. Like a male version of "King of Sorrow"

Lemming42

Arcane
Alright, I've hit a wall with this after over 50 hours. All faction quests done (United Colonies, Freestar Rangers, Crimson Fleet, Cyberpunk corporation), most obvious sidequests done, many cool secret locations found (Mantis lair and so on). Went through the Activities log and finished all of those that looked interesting. Now, other than the main quest, I'm not sure what to do next.

I assume there's no other major content coming up out in those unexplored distant systems - like, no more major cities or anything. I suppose I should do companion quests, but I only even got enough disposition with Sarah to trigger hers, and I don't see how I'm gonna gain enough rep with dickheads like Barrett and Andreja who I've been neglecting the whole game.

Anyone got any advice? Is it finally time to do the main quest and finish the game, or is there anything notable waiting out in the other parts of the galaxy?

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I tried that free DLSS3 mod to alleviate some stress from my puny Ryzen 5 3600, but because it's not properly implemented (because of those cocksuckers at AMD), the image quality suffers a lot. It's a commendable effort from the modder, but this kind of thing requires testing. The best bet with this game is just to be patient.
Starfield-9-7-2023-10-35-07-PM.png

This looks like diarrhea and much worse than a modded skyrim that can run on such cpu.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Modern AAA games are just utterly opposed to heterosexual male preferences. :argh::argh::argh::argh:

This is seen across the board. You can have gay bear fuckery and ugly male strippers, but attractive women are verboten.

Fucking sucks.
We have you to fix the problem if you know what I mean!

Billy Pilgrim

Novice
Anyway, Starfield's stuffed with “blacks and women are the future” stuff and of course LGBT prop.

But curiously it hasn't put people off.
Question, is it to the degree that it is shoved upon you in EVERY conversation and in EVERY interaction? If so, is it possible to refund a game that was received for free? Probably not I would assume.

Alright, I've hit a wall with this after over 50 hours. All faction quests done (United Colonies, Freestar Rangers, Crimson Fleet, Cyberpunk corporation), most obvious sidequests done, many cool secret locations found (Mantis lair and so on). Went through the Activities log and finished all of those that looked interesting. Now, other than the main quest, I'm not sure what to do next.

I assume there's no other major content coming up out in those unexplored distant systems - like, no more major cities or anything. I suppose I should do companion quests, but I only even got enough disposition with Sarah to trigger hers, and I don't see how I'm gonna gain enough rep with dickheads like Barrett and Andreja who I've been neglecting the whole game.

Anyone got any advice? Is it finally time to do the main quest and finish the game, or is there anything notable waiting out in the other parts of the galaxy?
Might as well start NG+. You can experience anything you missed there.

Ravielsk

Magister
Based Godd Howard.

The more I learn about this game the more it looks like Cyberpunk. That was also a game everyone assumed would be released for the base PS4 and then when it came out it was barely running on the PS5(which at the time was not even certain to launch). Hell the RTX 3000 cards barely made a paper launch, most people still had rtx 2000 cards and gtx gpus that quite frankly could not run the game and only after about 2 years of patches and a new GPU generation can the CP2077 performance be called acceptable( but the game still looks like ass).

Starfield is shaping up to the exact same. A game originally assumed to be for the PS4 but so technically busted that it requires hardware that has not even reached the market yet to run at a sensible click(while also looking like lastgen ass).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom