Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

ArchAngel

Arcane
this thread is only for starchads
the fact that you've unironically typed in those words with little to no self-awareness is genuinely depressing.
It's a miracle you've managed to make it this far in life without walking into an open manhole or forgetting how to breathe or choking on a small toy.
STARCHADS
You are obviously trying but you'll never beat SDG as Codex Retard Of The Year.
He does not need to. Did you notice how SDG disapeared but Vic then appeared..

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
The "but it's accurate" shit is exactly what people use to defend black-washing in all sorts of historic or concurrent fiction.
the issue is making it political and whining about this shit for days now

just install the de-negro mod and stfu

or even better, uninstall the game and go fuck yourself

ArchAngel

Arcane
Okay, now that the dust has settled..
--
Baldur's Gate 3 -
Current Players Today: 313,102 - Peak Today: 373,504

Starfield -
Current Players Today: 234,070 - Peak Today: 269,177

INB4 "B-b-b-but the gorillion xbox live customers..!!!"

A 30 day old game is dumping on a game that released literally hours ago....

eaf.png
No gay bear sex= no players

Peachcurl

Arcane
The "but it's accurate" shit is exactly what people use to defend black-washing in all sorts of historic or concurrent fiction.
the issue is making it political and whining about this shit for days now

just install the de-negro mod and stfu

or even better, uninstall the game and go fuck yourself
Fair enough, your prior argument was still way off target.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
this thread is only for starchads
the fact that you've unironically typed in those words with little to no self-awareness is genuinely depressing.
It's a miracle you've managed to make it this far in life without walking into an open manhole or forgetting how to breathe or choking on a small toy.
STARCHADS
You are obviously trying but you'll never beat SDG as Codex Retard Of The Year.
He does not need to. Did you notice how SDG disapeared but Vic then appeared..
SDG wouldn't know how to post screenshots from his PS5.

Yosharian

Arcane
I don't understand why the graphics look so bad. I tried using FSR and couldn't get above 80 FPS even when the upscaler was set to 50%.

So I turned off FSR and.. the game still looks absolutely terrible. I don't get it. Either there is horrendous aliasing or everything is so soft that it looks like smeared paint.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
So I turned off FSR and.. the game still looks absolutely terrible. I don't get it. Either there is horrendous aliasing or everything is so soft that it looks like smeared paint.
Turn off Upscaling and set Indirect Lighting to medium or high if you don't have it on ultra already.

Modron

Arcane
If Starfield, Diablo 4 and BG3 are off the table, what will be RPG of the year?
Colony Ship, Caves of Lore, Space Wreck, and Colony Ship has a chance with them on the board anyways. I assume you're talking about the codex and less normie places which will struggle with deciding who between Starfield, BG 3, The LoZ: Tears of the Kingdom and Hogwart's Legacy should win.

Yosharian

Arcane
Turn off Upscaling and set Indirect Lighting to medium or high if you don't have it on ultra already.
It doesn't do anything.

Even with all the upscalers off and everything set to Ultra, the game looks tremendously ugly. This is an ugly game. I don't know what else to say.

It wouldn't be so bad if it ran like shit off a shovel. But the performance is horrendous. This has to be one of the worst triple A releases I've ever seen for performance and graphical fidelity.

Yosharian

Arcane
Jaffe's video is interesting, I came to a planet that had exactly that look, a very autumnal sparsely forested biome and the fidelity was just shockingly bad. The tree/bush models alone are just embarrassing.

Yosharian

Arcane
I'll say another thing, I was testing perks earlier and pretty much every high rank combat perk I tested doesn't work well at all.

I tested the Armour Penetration perk against dinos that looked as if they had armored bodies. Almost nothing. Tested against armored guards at a space station. Nothing. The dinos went from taking 8 damage to taking 9 damage. That's with 4 ranks.

The Targeting perk claims to improve accuracy but I couldn't detect any improvement at all. The x-ray vision thing works though.

I tested Crippling and shot the guards with many, many rounds of a not-powerful gun. I barely saw the perk do anything. 99/100 the guards just died before they had a chance to get downed.

Old Hans

Arcane
Jaffe's video is interesting, I came to a planet that had exactly that look, a very autumnal sparsely forested biome and the fidelity was just shockingly bad. The tree/bush models alone are just embarrassing.
it all reminds me of a warhammer 40k table and someone placed a bunch of terrain

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom