Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter STASIS - An Indie Space Adventure Game - now with CAYNE DLC

Think of the artistic freedom a space setting can give you, no restrictions you can go nuts on your designs !

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Yeah that Assassin's Creed art is pretty awesome. The water and the ships are the most well done IMO. Apparently Pyke can into wood texturing (which I hear is a lot harder than metal). Some of the Pillars of Eternity in-game art features rather meh/bad wood texturing.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
I generally prefer to model detail and not rely heavily on *just* textures. All of those planks of wood are individual pieces of geometry that are all slightly offset with each other.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Nic and I are starting to put together the art for the Stasis art and game guide thats going out to the backers with the release of the game. Here is a piece of concept art I did a while ago - in all its high res glory for you guys. :)

1517624_311239232418568_7802860584323800614_n.jpg

http://stasisks.s3.amazonaws.com/exclusive/wallpaper/STASIS_POD_BACKGROUND.jpg

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That should become a codex smiley. This picture could be interpreted in so many ways.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Currently we aren't doing retail so we don't really need it - but in the future we may. There are also rumors that Steam will be enforcing ratings in the future (age locking accounts and such), so we figured we may as well get it done now before the shit storm. I personally think that after 'Hatred' is released they will start to enforce the ratings..but that's just conjecture.

That, and I was curious as to what the rating would be....I think its pretty cool to actually have an Adventure Game that's rated M. :D

Starwars

Arcane
How does receiving a rating actually work? Do they play the game, do they get documents from the game or how does it work exactly?

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
It depends on the type of rating, on if you are going 'boxed' copy, what regions you are going for etc. PEGI ratings are a LOT harder and expensive to get. ESRB for Indie games that focus on digital distribution is much easier.

For Indie games that are going digital its an a questionnaire. They can decide if they need to play the game, or after the game is released can play it and adjust your rating. Generally its a well oiled process and relatively headache free. Nic handled it, so I'm unsure if there were any additional hurdles he had to go through.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_process.jsp

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, someone over at the Obsidian forum posted that video some time ago. Makes me wish Obsidian would use him to compose for one of their games.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
The Stasis music is very different from a lot of Marks stuff. The full OST is incredible. I'm listening to it right now. There is a piece with a single violin playing that's about 90 seconds long...that shit haunts my dreams.

I was actually talking to a friend of mine about how completely surreal it was to work with him (Mark) on the music to my little game. And it was such an amazing collaborative experience with us swapping ideas, examples and stories about the music. When we started I assumed it would have been a 'I'm going to make this, and that's it' thing (having never actually worked with a composer before) - but we spent easily 3 MONTHS just discussing ideas, themes, the story, what the music was supposed to 'do' (not even sound like...just feel like).

The first completed piece of music I got I was in a hotel in Cape Town on my iPad at about 4 in the morning - and even through those shitty speakers it sounded amazing. I think I emailed back 'Fuck....wow'.

polo

Magister
Shit, i need to stop coming into this thread until the game is released. :codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

polo

Magister
Congratz for making it to the magazine cover, it looks awesome!
The running in the explosions gif looks kinda weird, i still love it tho.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom