Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter STASIS - An Indie Space Adventure Game - now with CAYNE DLC

Dexter

Arcane
That's great, but when will he release the game?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Who fucking cares. Let him release it when he feels it is done.

I can wait as long as as he feels.

Psquit

Arcane
Who fucking cares. Let him release it when he feels it is done.

I can wait as long as as he feels.

Fine!, but i want to play something that is fucking decent. Im tired of replaying The old good games... i need something new that is good.

Runciter

Augur
This reminds me a bit of Mission Critical. Never finished it, but it was interesting. STASIS looks a tad impressionistic though, I wonder if it's going to be hard sci-fi or Clooney Solaris. The heavy breathing makes me cringe, it was cool in 2010 but since then it's been vastly overused.

Koplin

Educated
Chris often quotes 80's SciFi, and games like Dead Space and BIOSHOCK as influences, so I'm assuming it will be more grounded than Solaris. Although Id be happy if it had some Solaris or Sunshine in it, more than Aliens and Event Horizon.

RPG's have enough isometric games dammit. Give us our Adventure Game love!

Koplin

Educated
I both love and hate Chris.

http://www.stasisgame.com/stasis-infinite/

STASIS-INFINITE-B.jpg

grotsnik

Arcane
And he says he never allows himself more than three days to make these one-off screens. The man's a goddamn prodigy.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The guy is an artist, his composition is perfect.

On the other hand, i should damn well stop teasing us with these magnificent scenes and finish his game!

grotsnik

Arcane
[Armchair Critic] Although if Stasis does well, I'd really like to see him forming up with a few other people. From all the different screens and his posts on Quarter To Three, he's incredibly prolific but he seems to get distracted a lot when it comes to Big Ideas. Having a few others on hand to share responsibility and keep him focused might be helpful in steering his projects along more efficiently. What little I've seen of his writing, for instance, seems a bit patchy in English and in need of an edit-job - definitely not up to the high standard set by his visuals, anyway.

Obviously if he's happiest and most comfortable just muddling along by himself, that's what he should do. But still!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Well, he could easily bring both Obsidian and inXile up a notch with his artistic and rendering skills.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
His work is probably the best detailed and realistic prerendered isometric art i have seen from a game developer, the things he could do working at Obsidian or Inxile... imagine if was responsible for the backgrounds in Torment?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
this guy must have pleased Satan immensely for his artistic skills. dayum.
Stasis looks cool. hope he does an RPG in the future ;)

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I'd rather he continued doing his own thing.

The problem with that is that if it's an one man job, it takes a huge amount of time to produce such a high quality result.

I definitely agree with grotsnik here, he should try teaming up with others after Stasis.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The problem with that is that if it's an one man job, it takes a huge amount of time to produce such a high quality result.

I definitely agree with grotsnik here, he should try teaming up with others after Stasis.
I'm not against him teaming up with other people (who could hopefully keep him from creating mockups of his versions of different franchises - although those things probably keep him from going bonkers), but I would not want him to join an established dev team like Obsidian.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Nobody sane would want this guy in a larger company... But teaming up with 1d3 other people equally talented (a high mark) in other areas... Whoa, just thinking about it makes me dizzy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom