Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter STASIS - An Indie Space Adventure Game - now with CAYNE DLC

circ

Arcane
@ Cynic, he will probably do some sort of fan-art for Project Eternity, like he did for Wasteland 2, so we can see what a fantasy RPG he did would look like. *holding thumbs*

@ circ, STASIS is a 'pure' adventure game. No RPG mechanics (but apparently there is some cool stuff like med kits and shit, so it may have some other genre's spliced in). I think if STASIS does well, he could probably be convinced to kickstart an RPG or something.
Hmm, if it's going anywhere near the game Blade Runner, I can live with adventure too.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looking great, as always. Why doesn't Codex do an interview? I want more info.
Probably because this is the RPG Codex and not the Adventure Codex. :(

You do know we have an "Adventure Gaming" forum section that is pretty active? Or are you too drunk and/or retarded to notice you are posting in one?

I do would like to get an interview with the guy, so I'm pinging Crooked Bee - do the interview with this guy!

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The game looks great (plus it's scifi and the last scifi adventure I remember playing is Mission Critical) but I am very butthurt about the cursor.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Looking great, as always. Why doesn't Codex do an interview? I want more info.
Probably because this is the RPG Codex and not the Adventure Codex. :(

You do know we have an "Adventure Gaming" forum section that is pretty active? Or are you too drunk and/or retarded to notice you are posting in one?
I may be drunk, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. Point me to the last interview posted on the front page that is entirely unrelated to the RPG genre or any sub-genre and I will happily eat crow. I love adventure games, but if having a subform here = part of the main website content then I'd expect the WCDS folks to start posting interviews with coked-up neo nazis any day now.

Also, fuck you, guy.

Koplin

Educated
Why dont we all come up with a bunch of questions and email him? Ive mail him before, and he has replied.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I may be drunk, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. Point me to the last interview posted on the front page that is entirely unrelated to the RPG genre or any sub-genre and I will happily eat crow. I love adventure games, but if having a subform here = part of the main website content then I'd expect the WCDS folks to start posting interviews with coked-up neo nazis any day now.

Also, fuck you, guy.

Are we going to start an argument about how including the "I love PS:T" bits in the Primordia interview made it totally cRPG related?

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron

Also, fuck you, guy.

Are we going to start an argument about how including the "I love PS:T" bits in the Primordia interview made it totally cRPG related?
:: eats crow :: :D

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bloom - "Action adventure with a dose of RPG" on Kickstarter Not that much RPG in what I've seen.
[Quickie Nr. 003] Konjad and Pathologic
Yet Another Interplay Promo at GOG.com

All this only tangentially related to RPGs. In case of Pathologic - not at all! And there were news about Mass Effect on the front page and you won't ever convince me that this is an RPG.

STASIS looks awesome and atmospheric and seems isometric which is enough to make a lot of people here wet their pants. So fuck you, tranny, Aeschylus.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
I did specify interview (which none of those are), but since there was one for Primordia on the front page -- which I somehow did not notice -- I admit I was wrong and bow to Crooked Bee's power to diversify the Codex. I think it might be the first one ever though.

And fuck you... um... eunuch. :cool:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I did specify interview (which none of those are), but since there was one for Primordia on the front page -- which I somehow did not notice -- I admit I was wrong and bow to Crooked Bee's power to diversify the Codex. I think it might be the first one ever though.

Not first one ever. Jason did an interview with Dave Gilbert of Wadjet Eye a couple of years ago, so there had been precedent.

On that note, if any of you guys should come up with a good list of question and get the developer of this game to answer them, we'll gladly publish your interview as official Codex content. It's just that no staff member currently has the time for it or wants to do it.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
What I'd like to know is whether or not he'll have a grammarian proofread the text prior to release.

A user named cat

Killer visuals and atmosphere, looks pretty cool. First time seeing this. That cursor is pretty bad though and way too big. Also the damn "bloooop" + reverb every single time you interact with something seems irritating.

Keshik

Arcane
Looks pretty good, never even heard of this before. Cursor needs to be a smidge smaller.

Koplin

Educated
http://www.stasisgame.com/cross-collaboration-between-indies/

In my opinion, one of the most important things in building a really strong IP is to ensure that you don’t just focus on one aspect of it.
If STAR WARS just had the movies, it wouldn’t have been anywhere close to embedding itself in the consciousness of the world. The fact that it expanded to toys, novels, comics, animations, and games ensured that everyone, who had even a passing interest in the world, got to experience it.
If you think about the larger, more successful gaming IP’s, they have expanded into many different areas. I own toys from Bioshock, and Dead Space (2 of my absolute favorite universes), novels, comic books, and animated films. It forms a greater connection to the characters, the world, and their experiences in it.
But, as an indie, how do we take advantage of that?
Those companies have millions to spend on things. They can contract out novelists, artists, and entire companies to create extended media for them.
The difference is that indies have access to a WEALTH of resources that other larger companies cant touch. OTHER INDIES. There are thousands of comic book artists, film makers, game makers, and musicians out there. People that create for the sheer passion of creation. And I know from personal experience, that artists are always willing to help each other out.
One of the most terrifying things for an artist is a blank canvas. There are people out there who are staring at the blank sheet of paper, who WANT to produce content, but don’t know where to start. If you have a ready made world, it becomes A LOT easier for people to create inside of it. There is a reason there are more Star Wars fan-film projects out there than you can shake a wookie at. The world is there. The rules are there. Creative people actually ENJOY working within boundaries.
If you have an existing fan base, or you are looking for a way to expand your world, contact other independant artists.
If you are an artist who struggles lookng for inspiration, contact someone who is working on a project that inspires you.
With an ‘indie collective’ working on a single Intellectual Property, you can create a world even richer than those of Activision, and EA.
-Chris

Could be pretty cool to get a STASIS movie, sort of like the Dead Space ones.

He also did some really cool wallpapers:

http://www.stasisgame.com/john-maracheck/

STASIS-Promo-2-B.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom