Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter STASIS - An Indie Space Adventure Game - now with CAYNE DLC

Not really interested in the whole premise of "go find and save your family members which the player doesn't give a rats ass about", but the game looks awesome otherwise.

I actually really like the premise. It's certainly more original than go save the world.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I just hope he is not asking for some insane amount of money. The game is half finished and he is commited to finish it by the middle of 2014, which means 8 months (say a year). From what I remember, he really likes to work alone. So 50k for him working full time should be ok. Maybe 50k more fore some backup, additional external contractors?

I will be throwing money at him anyway, it is just that anything above 100k doesn't seem realistic to me. I'd set the goal at 50k probably, and then anything that comes over that is a bonus.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
teaser.jpg

:eek:

garren

Arcane
Patron
Not really interested in the whole premise of "go find and save your family members which the player doesn't give a rats ass about", but the game looks awesome otherwise.

I actually really like the premise. It's certainly more original than go save the world.
Meh, it's all the same usually, main character starts out and wonders what happened to his family members, woop-de-fuckin-doo lets go save them from the other end of the ship, having flashbacks and hearing family member voices along the way, the end being some sort of save/sacrifice shit. Of course, not hoping the actual game will be like that, so here's hoping for that.

DeepOcean

Arcane

Meh, it's all the same usually, main character starts out and wonders what happened to his family members, woop-de-fuckin-doo lets go save them from the other end of the ship, having flashbacks and hearing family member voices along the way, the end being some sort of save/sacrifice shit. Of course, not hoping the actual game will be like that, so here's hoping for that.
Or he thinks he has a family.

Psquit

Arcane
Maybe his family is dead but the guy has amnesia then when he finds out that they are dead, he kills himself.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
The kickstarter campaign's fate is certainly going to depend on how much money he decides to ask for - there seems to be a decent amount of people who have been following the project for quite a while now, but is that group large enough to ensure the success of the fundraiser? Time will tell, I suppose.

I'll support the game in any case.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I wonder if he'll be able to leverage the mass disappointment generated when the Sanitarium folks when to first-person; STASIS certainly captures the Sanitarium look-and-feel much better.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I wonder if he'll be able to leverage the mass disappointment generated when the Sanitarium folks when to first-person; STASIS certainly captures the Sanitarium look-and-feel much better.

KICKSTARTER : SANITARIUM IN SPACE

???

Profit.

:takemymoney:

kaizoku

Arcane
^

Quest for Infamy got $63k
Mage's Initiation got $125k
Armikrog got almost $1M

I really don't see Stasis racking up less than $150k, unless there are a lot of hot KS when he launches it.

DeepOcean

Arcane
That was a pity. They really misunderstood Sanitarium qualities and paid the price for that.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So, we're doing an interview with Chris, the developer of STASIS. If you've got any questions, post 'em here!

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Ask him how is able to do such amazing models and artworks in such a short period of time!
I'd also like to know which artist inspired him the most to do what he does currently.

/graphicswhore

Boleskine

Arcane
What inspired or helped him to go with an isometric view, and how will this enhance the atmosphere and serve the gameplay?

What types of puzzles will there be in STASIS?

Everything looks great!

garren

Arcane
Patron
Can you choose yourself what area of the ship to explore next, or does the game open new areas as the main story advances? Can you go spacewalking?

How "easy" are the puzzles? Are there multiple solutions to puzzles?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
So, we're doing an interview with Chris, the developer of STASIS. If you've got any questions, post 'em here!

Will there be any NPCs to interact with?

Will there be logs as in SS2?

Will there be an item inventory?

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Thanks for the support guys! I'd love to answer all those questions here, but that may make the interview a little redundant!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom