Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Stellar Tactics, a sandbox sci-fi RPG - now available on Early Access

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I always thought there are several on working game since I read its KS project (in BC 253) . Even more kudos if its really one man project. Space stuff puts shame other so called space sims. But this is the truth for all other indie space games I think, they are light years better that AAA space games.

Ironmonk

Augur
After I saw a recent video on youtube I got in the mood to play the game and to avoid what happened to me with other games (like Oxygen Not Included and etc) that I waited for the 1.0 and ended up losing interest, I decided to give a try.

So far, after 12h, I'm enjoying it a lot... the only thing I think is weak is space combat, but at least its there.

My tips for new players:
- Whenever the Help screen pops up, READ IT! (otherwise you will waste more time trying to figure out stuff and your experience will be worse)
- Once you go to the station to hire your crew, hire everybody (+4 npcs) and with "J" key assign one of them to the Ship Repair station (it will only show on this screen, there is no other way to check this 5th party member anywhere else)
- Don't bother removing items from temporary party members, they aren't that great and are worth 0 credits.
- Grenades are great!

Its a great accomplishment for a single dev to make it... like everybody else, I'm thinking "why these fuckers with a lot of money and big teams don't put effort in making a similar game? a game like this with AAA polish would be a instant classic"

Ironmonk

Augur
More tips:
- for hacking you can use the keyboard keypad instead of the UI, its much faster to type the code that way.
- To board a enemy ship, you need first to neutralize its shields, then you can target one of Weapon/Engine/Systems (in any order) and after the 3 are down, the boarding button appears.
- NEVER plan on boarding a enemy ship without a Beacon (bought at Ship Equipment vendors), otherwise you will not be able to finish the boarding and will lose the ship.
- If you send a mining drone, you better monitor it, otherwise it will mine more than you cargo hold can fill and you will not be able to retrieve it.

Dyspaire

Cipher
Its a great accomplishment for a single dev to make it... like everybody else, I'm thinking "why these fuckers with a lot of money and big teams don't put effort in making a similar game? a game like this with AAA polish would be a instant classic.

Way back when he first started development, I suggested in a thread here that he embrace a Firefly aesthetic. Because even though it's been 20 years, there are still many, many people who would love to play a good Firefly game.

And Stellar Tactics has the potential to be that game. I'm really glad he put the priority on systems development first though. It's becoming the dream space game, if he can just flesh a few things out and polish a few points.

I wish whomever is currently in charge of the Firefly IP would just give the guy free reign to use the setting. There was even a defunct mmo from 15 years ago that the original cast recorded a lot of original dialogue for, before it turned to vapor.

Still, wishes aside, it's going to be a great game and it's amazing a single dude did nearly all of it himself.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/0/3459345750032264122/
Patch incoming - 7/30/22
Version 0.608

A few fixes today:

UPDATED: Boss encounters (Captain and Rhamus) on the Dauntless have been tuned down.

FIXED: Factions other than the six main houses should not have faction vendors now. They do have faction agents that offer missions, however, these agents do not award tokens.

FIXED: When at a story system location like Armrasas or various other story locations, enemies on boarded ships or discovery location like a planetary base are now scaled to crew level.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
"Boss encounters (Captain and Rhamus) on the Dauntless have been tuned down."

fucking casuals
decline
:argh:

Ironmonk

Augur
So, I have "played" for 70h and here is my short review:

First 20h:
- it was great, it was enjoyable and fun.
- I did mostly ground missions and very little space combat.

From 20h to 30h:
- The game systems flaws start to show and the fun gradually start to decline.
- The ground combat start to show that something is missing and the felling of slow combat increased progressively.
- I begun to do some space combat and boarding.

30h:
- It became really boring...
- the ground combat that at beginning was good became stale probably because of the lack of character abilities (those are locked by weapon type and probably isn't higher than 20)... you character as you level-up, basically the only thing you get is +bonus or +%bonus, nothing really new or game-changer.
- As I said before, space combat is really weak, but not so bad as I first thought, because the game as a whole, have too many things, a lot of it is just clutter, and coupled with cryptic UI things tend to be a LOT different after some time (be it for better or worse).
- Yeah, clutter, there is a lot: each weapon attachment only works for its weapon type (Rifle thing can't be used for LMG, etc) and in case of ships, each equipment is locked by ship model... so a Laser Turret from your starting ship can't be used on any other ship... that means even between the same ship class, you can't reuse ship equipment.
- Then I started reading the steam forum to better understand stuff and the dev plans and at the same time to try and salvage my will to play. (I don't want go give up on this game, but its difficult)

30h to 40h:
- As I decided to march forward, I switched mainly to space combat + boarding... this way I started making money to upgrade my ship equipment and raise funds for my next ship.
- As thing went, I decided to board only ship models I potentially planned to buy later (to loot equipment for later) or bigger ships to sell (but now I'm thinking the selling prices are mainly based on ship condition and not model) and destroy other ships and move on to the next.
- In the end I was mostly blowing enemy ships up because I grew tired of ground combat (even when it took less than 15min to take over a enemy ship).

40h to 65h:
- From now on, since the game is running in background, the gameplay time increases a lot because I frequently forget it running.
- I bought my Light Merchant ship and started mining/salvaging shipwrecks (these drop ship repair parts used to repair a ship during boarding, otherwise only by salvaging, and lowering selling price of the ship, you can get these parts)
- At this moment, I can't really say I'm playing the game, since I'm mostly doing other stuff while the game is running in the background... then after filling the cargo hold and refining a few times, I go and sell all... rinse and repeat.

65h+:
- Bought a even bigger Ship that will increase "my playing, but not playing" time.
- Well, this way I take some time to cool things down. I plan to do some more ground missions (probably following the main quest line) + boarding.

CONCLUSION:

The game is a impressive feat for a solo developer... while a solo dev generally means a cohesive game instead of combination of things by many people (that generally end up not working well together), the game suffers from the lack of a bigger team as things tend to be either too simplistic, or cluttered or bloated or just pointless.

Besides, there is a lot of grind... and even things that aren't grind, feel like it after some time.

I still think its worth a try, specially since you can have a lot of fun in the first 20~30h (more or less depending on taste)... and even more because this game shows that ITS POSSIBLE to have a game that we all have been wanting to play, but the Studios insist in ignoring it or say its technically not possible (bullshit), if this Dev had a team to command and improve/refine his ideas, this game would be a top masterpiece for sure.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
So, I have "played" for 70h and here is my short review:
Kinda agree with most of your points. I had a lot of fun at the beginning but after a bit of bit of time got bored of grinding procedurally generated ground missions.
Don't regret buying it but at this point i am just waitng until the game comes out of early access.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/0/3452590985281678544/
Patch incoming - 8/3/22
Notes for today:

UPDATED - Increased the speed of the ore refinery significantly.

UPDATED - Increased drop rate for rifles.

FIXED - When refining, the cargo display in the lower center of the UI in space is updated on a regular basis.

FIXED - In the dialog window, you can now scroll the text by clicking and dragging the text area if text is too long to fit the available space.

FIXED - Scanned planetary bases that are not part of the story content at the Coven home world system and Coven mission star systems have been removed to avoid confusion and fix an error.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/0/5069383987777174896/
Patch incoming - 8/11/22
Version 0.614

Here are the notes:
UPDATED - Increased speed of Psionic animations.

UPDATED - Additional data added to psionic editor amplification list at top of editor screen.

FIXED - It was possible to cast a cleanse amplification and the casting crew member would receive bonuses to stats if a secondary effect was selected in the psionic editor.

FIXED - It is no longer possible to very quickly select a heal or cleanse amplification while entering combat and cast them on an enemy.

FIXED - It is no longer possible to one shot an enemy target before combat starts by self initiating combat and then subsequently pick off enemies one at a time. Any enemy killed will immediately initiate combat with all other NPC's in it's group. The dead NPC will be removed from the turn order at their next turn.

FIXED - It is no longer possible to spam end turn hot keys to cheese initiative or gain the defend state when ending a turn.

FIXED - Effect values displayed for damage type psionic amplifications on rollover were not displaying changes applied by buffing stats using heals with +PER and +INT.

FIXED - When selling ore to vendors - description text was being added to the displayed list name in the vendor inventory.

FIXED - Psionic buffs for STR, END etc. update the HP values on the main world explore UI.

FIXED - Vendor window storage space field font scaled down to accommodate ships with large cargo values.

FIXED - When entering Craysons Depot to meet Dr. Rhamus - the loading screen displays the correct landing location.

FIXED - Craysons Depot is now correctly targeted in the "Objectives" list on the right of the screen in space when selecting the "Speak with Rodger Crayson" mission.

FIXED - A number of translation issues with the psionic editor.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Engine update, radar mini-map, career bonuses and starting ship selections
Lots of changes today and a few bug fixes. Meanwhile, I am working on the Chapter 2 content which should be released late December or January. Notes below.
GAME ENGINE UPDATED:
Much smoother gameplay even with saves that have hundreds of hours played. In general, the updated core engine will provide better visual fidelity and smoother camera movement

Camera smoothing updated.

The game engine now requests the highest power GPU for laptops and systems that have both Intel and NVidia/ATI GPU's. In the past, this was a problem. In many cases the default settings on Laptops were trying to render the game on the Intel GPU which was much slower and in some cases did not fully support the shaders required to render game effects, causing crashes on these systems. The work around was to manually force high power rendering through the control panels.
NOTE: The new engine only supports 64bit OS. For 32bit OS, the game will fall back to the older renderer/engine.

RADAR MINI-MAP:
The radar now includes a mini-map of the area.
0dbf79ed1993f03235310034a6fd07dc16d4822c.png

CHARACTER CREATION UPDATED:
ce25911ad73cb93a1e95afdbefc23f5bec234c51.png

When starting a new game, you are now presented with three options that set both a starting ship and career bonuses. When exiting the Aznari ruins, your career choice will set the ship type you find waiting for you on the planets surface. Career bonuses can be found below:

BOUNTY HUNTER - INTERCEPTOR: PHARRIS MACE AK-7
EXPLORER - Pharris Starhawk EXG-3
MERCHANT - Tarsus MRCH-2

NOTES:
The Tarsus MRCH-2 has had it's turrets adjusted. When a Tarsus MRCH-2 is reviewed at a ship vendor, when purchased, or as the starter ship, the turret configuration will be 4 light turret and 2 light missile hard points. The missile turrets have been downgraded to light mount points from heavy hardpoints. If you have already purchased a Tarsus MRCH-2, the heavy mountpoints will remain as they were before the patch until you swap them for another turret. This was done to balance the starting ships and bring the ship in line with the cost/value.

The Pharris Starhawk EXG-3 has had its default cargo increased from 850 to 1170 cargo so drone ore cargo can be retrieved. Though really, if you want to retrieve ore instead of auto-sell, you are better off with more cargo space.

CAREER BONUSES:
When loading an existing save, you will be given the option to select a CAREER BONUS. These are the same bonuses applied by selecting your starting career in character creation - less the choice of your starting ship. These bonuses are permanent:

BOUNTY HUNTER
GUNNERY: +5% DAMAGE BONUS SPACE COMBAT (ACTIVE SHIP)
MORALE: +5% DAMAGE BONUS GROUND COMBAT (ALL CREW MEMBERS)

EXPLORER
SCAN MASTERY: FACTION AGENTS PAY DOUBLE FOR YOUR SCAN DATA.
KEEN EYE: YOU TEND TO FIND BETTER EQUIPMENT WHEN LOOTING CHESTS AND LOCKERS

MERCHANT
NEGOTIATOR: +10% PROFIT WHEN DELIVERING TRADE ORDERS FOUND ON THE TRADE-NET.
CHARISMATIC: VENDORS CHARGE 10% LESS FOR EVERYTHING – EVEN SHIPS

SHIP CLASS BONUSES:
All ships now have ship class bonuses:
INTERCEPTOR, LIGHT FIGHTER, MEDIUM FIGHTER, HEAVY FIGHTER:
AFTERBURNERS DO NOT DEPLETE CAPACITOR (This was always the case with Interceptors and Light Fighters).
+10% BONUS TO SPEED IN STAR SYSTEMS.

EXPLORER
+10% SPEED BONUS IN FTL SPACE
+50% SCAN RANGE

LIGHT MERCHANT, MEDIUM, HEAVY MERCHANT AND CARGO CARRIER:
+10% MINING TURRET SPEED.
+10% DRONE MINING SPEED.

QUICK TUTORIALS:
New mini tutorials that quickly walk players through basic systems. - extended information is still available in the in-game guide and on the Wiki https://stellartactics.fandom.com/wiki/Stellar_Tactics_Wiki. You can disable tutorials in the options menu.

• When first entering space. Basic ship systems and navigation.
  • First entering space combat. Basic ship combat and combat systems.
  • When entering a star system once your FTL drive is equipped. How to enter FTL space and basic information about travel, faction agents and Star System recommended levels.
  • A tutorial when first entering FTL space. Basic FTL navigation.
  • A tutorial for beacons. Information related to placing and using beacons for fast travel and initializing the Trade-Net.
  • Additional tutorials will be available in future patches for ground exploration, ground combat, hacking, salvaging, crew management, crafting, Trade-Net, boarding, mining and drones.

WANDERING NPC'S:
Mercs for hire now wander around stations.
Mercs have a YELLOW dot on radar - other NPC's that are not merchants or faction agents have a BLUE dot. These NPC's will issue random missions in a future update.

UPDATED - Improved load times.
UPDATED - NPC ships regardless of faction are no longer hostile to the player until Dr. Rhamus and Dr. Jensen leave your crew. Note that incursions will also not be generated until the Dr's leave your crew. You can still attack ships at which point ships will become hostile.
UPDATED - The game radar was overhauled. It now includes a map of the area in the background.
UPDATED - Cursor lock for multiple monitors is enabled again.
UPDATED - Excess weapon ammo will not be generated as loot.
FIXED - After collecting the scanner from Dr. Rhamus, you could return to Crayson's Depot and Dr. Rhamus would still be at this location.
FIXED - Rolling over the Aznari scanner would not display the mission percent complete.
FIXED - An exploit when buying faction equipment and selling to merchants.

LOCALIZATION NOTE: New strings in languages other than English and German will be rough until a new round of localization is completed.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/465490/view/3678917240605160289
Progress Update - Chapter 2
Chapter 2 development update.
Chapter 2 is in the works and I'm putting the finishing touches on everything. A large part of this will be the new procedural mission system which is taking longer than expected. Here is a quick overview of current progress:

100% - Chapter 2 content (locations, characters, etc.)
100% - Chapter 2 story integrated - can play through Chapter 2
100% - Azimuth – The last major ground combat system completed.
30% - Procedural mission system
0% - Testing, adjustments and cleanup

Chapter 2 will focus on the Aznari, the Jhemm and fleshing out the story around your place in the Universe. Eventually, you will acquire “Azimuth” – the very last combat system to go in the game. There will be a few surprises in this chapter and I really hope everyone enjoys the story as it sets the premise for the end game.

aee8073dbeb964ba532df314d6ed6d90a70774b3.png

What is Azimuth? Well, without spoiling the story, it is a form of Ultimate. You charge energy by traveling through FTL space, fighting enemies or using Aznari Shards. When the gauge is filled, you can build a series of effects including heals and immunities, AP bonuses for your crew, AP penalties for enemies – or, just unleash all your power to annihilate an enemy squad. Some bonus effects persist through the entire area until you leave to a new section of the map.

9d9f1af1c317b231a4dd5e7889953c52b60b5eae.gif

Chapter 3 will include “Azimuth” for space combat with a number of effects you can use against enemy ships. Once this is introduced, space combat will receive a major tuning pass.

Chapter 2 also introduces several new characters, additional locations to explore, and various activities related to the core game story.

6a80e3e6332edc6b1087d19a289c530085cde7a0.png

7769ecb46af58dba6a068b52a7fa3fa9ae56db45.png

A very large part of Chapter 2 will be introducing branching procedural missions. This has been very challenging and one of the main reasons for delaying Chapter 2. My goal is to provide a number of mission trigger types (looting, exploration etc. ) that will initiate missions with multiple objectives. Once these missions are completed, the payoff needs to be worthwhile as you will be traveling to a variety of locations to complete various tasks.

For those of you with existing saves, you will be able to pick the game up where you left off and continue your journey.

That’s all I have for now. Thank you for supporting Stellar Tactics! I'll keep everyone updated as I finalize Chapter 2.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/0/3826413307967368643/
Progress update - Code Complete...
Today I finally arrived at code complete on the chapter 2 content. Really, the biggest issue was making sure I wasn't stomping on players saves: something I take seriously. So, yes, you will be able to move forward with chapter 2 using your current saves - whew!

A quick list of things you can expect:
--Chapter 2 - the story. An excellent way to prepare is to review this video carefully...or not.
0.jpg

YouTube™ Video: How to make the perfect tin foil hat using science
Views: 9,434
I've seen some tin foil hats being made recently and it struck me that their designs aren't very effective. I thought I'd help by explaining some of the key scientific principles needed to make the...

--Azimuth - A gift from the Jhemm. The system itself is a great way to gather power over time and unleash it when you need it most. And yes, save those Aznari Shards - they will be useful.

A few QoL things:
--Access station cargo from space. You will be able to approach any non-hostile station and access the stations cargo terminal without docking. This makes it a lot easier to store ore you are mining and shuttle trade goods between stations.
--Map notes. You will be able to add notes to star systems on the star map. Selecting any star system will display a notes area above the lower detail console. Star systems that have notes will display a green box around the star system.

New branching missions.
--NPC's on stations will offer missions. The are procedural, take you to several locations (between 2-4) and pay well. They pay out a high cash reward, loot, faction and tokens. Faction agents will always pay out the highest number of tokens for missions.

Trade and Smuggling missions.
--System Control in star systems that have orbiting stations will now occasionally offer urgent missions for commodities deliveries. These may be ore, refined ore, trade goods or contraband. These pay out 1.5X - 3X average market value. The quantity you need to deliver scales based on the current ship you are flying and should never take more than two round trips to complete. For those of you who mine and refine, you can harvest and refine ore yourself for delivery. There is no time limit.

What does code complete mean? It means I'm testing, cleaning things up, making small adjustments and looking for bugs. That could take several weeks depending on what I find. I then need to update the in-game help, prep everything for localization, do a final round of testing and then everything should be ready.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/0/3827541651933233472/
Chapter 2 released
I'm pleased to release Chapter 2 today. It's been a long road and I do hope everyone enjoys the new content. As always, it is likely a few bugs will surface over the next few days so I will keep an eye on the forums for any issues. If you do find any issues, please post on the bug forums here. Any details and screenshots you can provide will help: https://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/7/

Localization - The English and German versions of the game are in good shape at this time. French, Spanish and Russian translations will be very rough. If you are interested in translating any of these three languages, send a note to support@stellartactics.com and I'll get back to you.

CHAPTER 2 - Pick up where you left off after completing chapter 1 with a message when entering space. Note that there are some very tough battles in this chapter so, grenades, Azimuth (when you get it) and Psionics will really help.

AZIMUTH - The final ground combat system to be implemented. Azimuth is a reward received during the chapter 2 story. It provides you with a variety of powerful effects that can be mixed and matched to both benefit your crew during combat and to debuff enemies. Effects last through an entire combat area so they are best used either at the start of an area or when you have tough enemies to defeat. Azimuth uses energy gathered over time through combat, space travel and by charging Azimuth with Aznari Shards. Chapter 3 (the final chapter) will introduce Azimuth which can be used in space combat.

MISSION NPCs - Mission NPC's can now be found on stations. When pressing the highlight key (TAB by default), mission NPC's are highlighted in BLUE. These missions offer cash rewards, loot, faction tokens and general faction. All of these missions have several stages/locations that need to be visited with different objectives and pay out rewards based on the number of stages required to complete the mission for the NPC. This is the first pass at NPC missions. I expect that I will be expanding on and refining the NPC mission system over time.

TRADE AND SMUGGLING MISSIONS - Trade and smuggling missions will be offered occasionally when entering a star system that has orbiting stations. These missions are only offered if a star system does not have an ACCEPTED buy or sell order registered in your Trade Net. Expand your trade network using beacons to take advantage of these missions.
These missions always pay out bonuses that are above market value so it is always worthwhile taking the missions when offered.
There is no timer so you can have as many as 20 of these missions available at any time. 20 is the maximum number of active trades allowed via the Trade-Net.
Note that you can fulfil ore and refined ore missions by mining and refining ore yourself. Or, you can just buy the goods on the Trade Net. Of course, mining and refining ore will offer the most profit from these contracts.
The volume required by these missions - that is the number of items needed to fulfil a contract, is based on your current cargo capacity. Ships with more cargo will be offered larger batches of commodities to trade.
Trade contracts scale based on the amount of credits you have available when the contract is offered.
There are special contracts that reward a very high return. These are offered by NPCs you have met through the games story content.
Trade contracts can be canceled in the Trade-Net with no penalty.

BOARDING MISSIONS - Phestus will offer simple boarding missions - so he can retire, you know. He will start giving you missions once you have a FTL Drive after you complete his story mission in Achmedius.
Only one boarding mission is offered at a time.
To receive the reward, board any ship of the type that Phestus needs parts for. When selling the ship to Arkus, Arkus will route the parts to Phestus and Phestus will reward you.
These missions cannot be abandoned. To get another mission, you should complete the current mission provided by Phestus.
These missions are basically a bonus to the payout you receive and give players specific ships to target.
Pick your targets carefully. Boarding ships will reduce your standing with the owners main faction.

A NEW MISSION TYPE related to the chapter 2 story line. This is a ongoing permanent mission in your log. You will know what it is when you you get it.

ACCESS STATION CARGO FROM SPACE: You can now approach any non-hostile station and access the stations cargo terminal without boarding. This makes it a lot easier to store ore you are mining and deliver trade goods between stations. To display the cargo icon, click the station itself in space when you are close enough to board. A new icon will be displayed allowing you access to the cargo interface.

ADDED NOTES ON THE STAR MAP: You can now add notes to star systems on the star map. Selecting any star system will display a notes area above the lower-center detail console. Star systems that have notes will display a green box around the star system.

YOU CAN NOW VIEW SHIP REPAIR COMPONENTS: Harvested ship repair components used for boarding can now be viewed on the ship menu [K] by selecting the new button under the ore refinery. Note that ship repair components used to repair boarded ships can be harvested from other ships, or, ideally by salvaging wreckage in Star Systems. Salvaging wreckages is the best way to gather these materials.

GENERAL PATCH NOTES:
UPDATED - Additional checks are now in place to avoid bad enemy target clicks that lead to movement instead of attacks. In addition, when rolling over an enemy in combat, the enemy will pause animation so you can get a very "clean" target selection. Previously, some enemies animations could lead to bad information at the moment a player would click, leading to an unintended move. Hopefully this reduces or eliminates these annoyances. Let me know what you think on the forums. Is this better, worse?
UPDATED - Fog of war data on the ground area map [M] now persists between areas and saves.
UPDATED - Phestus will now give you a mission to meet with Forley Coresh in Achmedius after you purchase the FTL drive from him when exiting his station. This fixes the missing quest link that would lead players to the start of Chapter 1. Regardless of when you got your FTL drive, the next time you enter a star system, the new mission will be triggered if you have not already spoken with Forley Coresh.
UPDATED - Added directional indicators to the mini-map/radar for N,S,E and W. The "camera" FOV indicator now has a arrow tick mark for identifying the direction your camera is facing.
UPDATED - Reduced INT bonuses to initiative for player and NPC's. This still needs work as INT is generating too much initiative.
UPDATED - When pressing the highlight key bind, NPC's that can be recruited are now highlighted in green. NPC's that have procedural missions are highlighted in blue. Faction agents are highlighted in blue.
UPDATED - Ship loot containers now display distance to the players ship.
UPDATED - Moved star system player spawn point and jump points away from planetary orbits to avoid possibly intersecting with a planets on spawn.
UPDATED - No random attacks when entering Achmedius - this is to smooth out the starting experience in the game. This also applies to attacks related to carrying contraband.
UPDATED - Added more responses when selecting NPCs.
FIXED - Removed shields from creature type enemies.
FIXED - A number of typos in the English language files.
FIXED - Multiple clicks on exits and during loading could lead to a level lockup or misaligned camera.
FIXED - Corrected feedback text to log when delivering trade contracts.
FIXED - Several localization errors.
FIXED - Various areas - map and mini-map did not correctly display the map background.
FIXED - A non-critical bug related to experience when selling ships to Arkus.
FIXED - Visual error with Psionic bleed projectiles.
FIXED - Mission objectives UI under radar/map for boarded areas and new areas that use the UI is now correctly displayed when entering or re-entering these areas.

AND FINALLY, A SUPPORTER DLC
I am also releasing a supporter pack for Stellar Tactics today. I've been asked many times to add a way to help support the game. I finally decided to put together a few things that I think people would like. It contains a unique ship not found elsewhere in the universe, poster art, 3D printer models for those of you who have 3D printers and a few other things. For those of you who do decide to purchase the DLC, many thanks. And as always, regardless of whether you purchase the DLC, thank you for supporting the game.

WHATS NEXT:
Well, Chapter 3 of course! Here is a list of things I'll be looking at. Some of these may be released between now and the Chapter 3 content.

With Azimuth in the game, I'll be able to make final adjustments to the combat system.
Adjusting the initiative system and exposing more information when rolling initiative.
Better STAT descriptions that are in line with any changes I make above.
Mining system changes. The current mining system is fairly basic. I'd like to make this a bit more interesting.
Adjustments to various effects in the game.
Tweaks to space combat.
Knocking off rough edges everywhere. That includes final passes at the various game systems.
Expanded faction warfare system and FTL map events.
Advanced game settings.

Two answer two common questions I see:
[Q] When will achievements be added.
[A] After chapter 3 is complete so I can tie achievements into all the game content.

[Q] When will custom portrait support be added.
[A] With chapter 3.

Many will ask - when? When will chapter 3 be finished? December. Of course, I may need more time - we will see. I'll keep everyone posted as I make progress.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/0/3827541651933233472/
Chapter 2 released
I'm pleased to release Chapter 2 today. It's been a long road and I do hope everyone enjoys the new content. As always, it is likely a few bugs will surface over the next few days so I will keep an eye on the forums for any issues. If you do find any issues, please post on the bug forums here. Any details and screenshots you can provide will help: https://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/7/

Localization - The English and German versions of the game are in good shape at this time. French, Spanish and Russian translations will be very rough. If you are interested in translating any of these three languages, send a note to support@stellartactics.com and I'll get back to you.

CHAPTER 2 - Pick up where you left off after completing chapter 1 with a message when entering space. Note that there are some very tough battles in this chapter so, grenades, Azimuth (when you get it) and Psionics will really help.

AZIMUTH - The final ground combat system to be implemented. Azimuth is a reward received during the chapter 2 story. It provides you with a variety of powerful effects that can be mixed and matched to both benefit your crew during combat and to debuff enemies. Effects last through an entire combat area so they are best used either at the start of an area or when you have tough enemies to defeat. Azimuth uses energy gathered over time through combat, space travel and by charging Azimuth with Aznari Shards. Chapter 3 (the final chapter) will introduce Azimuth which can be used in space combat.

MISSION NPCs - Mission NPC's can now be found on stations. When pressing the highlight key (TAB by default), mission NPC's are highlighted in BLUE. These missions offer cash rewards, loot, faction tokens and general faction. All of these missions have several stages/locations that need to be visited with different objectives and pay out rewards based on the number of stages required to complete the mission for the NPC. This is the first pass at NPC missions. I expect that I will be expanding on and refining the NPC mission system over time.

TRADE AND SMUGGLING MISSIONS - Trade and smuggling missions will be offered occasionally when entering a star system that has orbiting stations. These missions are only offered if a star system does not have an ACCEPTED buy or sell order registered in your Trade Net. Expand your trade network using beacons to take advantage of these missions.
These missions always pay out bonuses that are above market value so it is always worthwhile taking the missions when offered.
There is no timer so you can have as many as 20 of these missions available at any time. 20 is the maximum number of active trades allowed via the Trade-Net.
Note that you can fulfil ore and refined ore missions by mining and refining ore yourself. Or, you can just buy the goods on the Trade Net. Of course, mining and refining ore will offer the most profit from these contracts.
The volume required by these missions - that is the number of items needed to fulfil a contract, is based on your current cargo capacity. Ships with more cargo will be offered larger batches of commodities to trade.
Trade contracts scale based on the amount of credits you have available when the contract is offered.
There are special contracts that reward a very high return. These are offered by NPCs you have met through the games story content.
Trade contracts can be canceled in the Trade-Net with no penalty.

BOARDING MISSIONS - Phestus will offer simple boarding missions - so he can retire, you know. He will start giving you missions once you have a FTL Drive after you complete his story mission in Achmedius.
Only one boarding mission is offered at a time.
To receive the reward, board any ship of the type that Phestus needs parts for. When selling the ship to Arkus, Arkus will route the parts to Phestus and Phestus will reward you.
These missions cannot be abandoned. To get another mission, you should complete the current mission provided by Phestus.
These missions are basically a bonus to the payout you receive and give players specific ships to target.
Pick your targets carefully. Boarding ships will reduce your standing with the owners main faction.

A NEW MISSION TYPE related to the chapter 2 story line. This is a ongoing permanent mission in your log. You will know what it is when you you get it.

ACCESS STATION CARGO FROM SPACE: You can now approach any non-hostile station and access the stations cargo terminal without boarding. This makes it a lot easier to store ore you are mining and deliver trade goods between stations. To display the cargo icon, click the station itself in space when you are close enough to board. A new icon will be displayed allowing you access to the cargo interface.

ADDED NOTES ON THE STAR MAP: You can now add notes to star systems on the star map. Selecting any star system will display a notes area above the lower-center detail console. Star systems that have notes will display a green box around the star system.

YOU CAN NOW VIEW SHIP REPAIR COMPONENTS: Harvested ship repair components used for boarding can now be viewed on the ship menu [K] by selecting the new button under the ore refinery. Note that ship repair components used to repair boarded ships can be harvested from other ships, or, ideally by salvaging wreckage in Star Systems. Salvaging wreckages is the best way to gather these materials.

GENERAL PATCH NOTES:
UPDATED - Additional checks are now in place to avoid bad enemy target clicks that lead to movement instead of attacks. In addition, when rolling over an enemy in combat, the enemy will pause animation so you can get a very "clean" target selection. Previously, some enemies animations could lead to bad information at the moment a player would click, leading to an unintended move. Hopefully this reduces or eliminates these annoyances. Let me know what you think on the forums. Is this better, worse?
UPDATED - Fog of war data on the ground area map [M] now persists between areas and saves.
UPDATED - Phestus will now give you a mission to meet with Forley Coresh in Achmedius after you purchase the FTL drive from him when exiting his station. This fixes the missing quest link that would lead players to the start of Chapter 1. Regardless of when you got your FTL drive, the next time you enter a star system, the new mission will be triggered if you have not already spoken with Forley Coresh.
UPDATED - Added directional indicators to the mini-map/radar for N,S,E and W. The "camera" FOV indicator now has a arrow tick mark for identifying the direction your camera is facing.
UPDATED - Reduced INT bonuses to initiative for player and NPC's. This still needs work as INT is generating too much initiative.
UPDATED - When pressing the highlight key bind, NPC's that can be recruited are now highlighted in green. NPC's that have procedural missions are highlighted in blue. Faction agents are highlighted in blue.
UPDATED - Ship loot containers now display distance to the players ship.
UPDATED - Moved star system player spawn point and jump points away from planetary orbits to avoid possibly intersecting with a planets on spawn.
UPDATED - No random attacks when entering Achmedius - this is to smooth out the starting experience in the game. This also applies to attacks related to carrying contraband.
UPDATED - Added more responses when selecting NPCs.
FIXED - Removed shields from creature type enemies.
FIXED - A number of typos in the English language files.
FIXED - Multiple clicks on exits and during loading could lead to a level lockup or misaligned camera.
FIXED - Corrected feedback text to log when delivering trade contracts.
FIXED - Several localization errors.
FIXED - Various areas - map and mini-map did not correctly display the map background.
FIXED - A non-critical bug related to experience when selling ships to Arkus.
FIXED - Visual error with Psionic bleed projectiles.
FIXED - Mission objectives UI under radar/map for boarded areas and new areas that use the UI is now correctly displayed when entering or re-entering these areas.

AND FINALLY, A SUPPORTER DLC
I am also releasing a supporter pack for Stellar Tactics today. I've been asked many times to add a way to help support the game. I finally decided to put together a few things that I think people would like. It contains a unique ship not found elsewhere in the universe, poster art, 3D printer models for those of you who have 3D printers and a few other things. For those of you who do decide to purchase the DLC, many thanks. And as always, regardless of whether you purchase the DLC, thank you for supporting the game.

WHATS NEXT:
Well, Chapter 3 of course! Here is a list of things I'll be looking at. Some of these may be released between now and the Chapter 3 content.

With Azimuth in the game, I'll be able to make final adjustments to the combat system.
Adjusting the initiative system and exposing more information when rolling initiative.
Better STAT descriptions that are in line with any changes I make above.
Mining system changes. The current mining system is fairly basic. I'd like to make this a bit more interesting.
Adjustments to various effects in the game.
Tweaks to space combat.
Knocking off rough edges everywhere. That includes final passes at the various game systems.
Expanded faction warfare system and FTL map events.
Advanced game settings.

Two answer two common questions I see:
[Q] When will achievements be added.
[A] After chapter 3 is complete so I can tie achievements into all the game content.

[Q] When will custom portrait support be added.
[A] With chapter 3.

Many will ask - when? When will chapter 3 be finished? December. Of course, I may need more time - we will see. I'll keep everyone posted as I make progress.

Damn, where star citizen sells Jpgs the Don here sells 3d models, printable, no less. :salute:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is chapter 3 the final chapter?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom