Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Good Old Games
Donate to Codex
News Content Gallery About Donate Discord Contact
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Not all of them in one station, where the AI doesn't keep ships anyway. Does it even pay upkeep?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Not all of them in one station, where the AI doesn't keep ships anyway.

How does that matter? Its a flat naval cap bonus anyway.

Maybe you mean Crew Quarters? These do reduce ship upkeep. But they go to those secondary starbase system slots, of which you can only have 1 each.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Okay, this is the longest game of Stellaris I've played so I don't know if this is... supposed to be like it is.
I'm not in the lead score-wise, but I didn't really try to min-max everything. Just exploring the late game. Got the techs, got my titans, some megastructures, the works. The game essentially devolved into me just waiting on... nothing in particular. I suppose eventually the Crisis will hit and fuck up the AIs but that's still like 100 years off. Is the late game really meant to be this boring?

Clipboard01.jpg

The default mid game and late game dates of 2300 and 2400 respectively are retarded and only for mouthbreathers and games journalists. It should be put to 2250 and 2300 if you want a chance of the game being interesting.

Keeping in mind that the crisis can only spawn 50 years after the late game date, you're looking at at least another 80 years of watching nothing happen.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
The default mid game and late game dates of 2300 and 2400 respectively are retarded and only for mouthbreathers. It should be put to 2250 and 2300 if you want a chance of the game being interesting.

Keeping in mind that the crisis can only spawn 50 years after the late game date, you're looking at at least another 80 years of watching nothing happen.
With the exception of the Unbidden, who can spawn as soon as the late game date is reached. Unless they changed that.

Raghar

Arcane
Okay, this is the longest game of Stellaris I've played so I don't know if this is... supposed to be like it is.
I'm not in the lead score-wise, but I didn't really try to min-max everything. Just exploring the late game. Got the techs, got my titans, some megastructures, the works. The game essentially devolved into me just waiting on... nothing in particular. I suppose eventually the Crisis will hit and fuck up the AIs but that's still like 100 years off. Is the late game really meant to be this boring?

Small hint:
  • Get a book.
  • Chat on RPGcodex.
  • Watch your favorite Twitch.tv streamer.

I think MP games are bit more exciting, but because Stellaris doesn't simulate economy and tech/combat well, stuff doesn't explode as fast as it should.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
A bit of waiting time would be fine, but not at the speed the game runs at... Oh well, I should have known this would happen.

Also it pisses me off that name list mods of all things disable achievements.

I can't imagine trying to run an MP game that long, especially when in every MP game there's that one guy with the 20 year old PC

Delterius

Arcane
I suppose eventually the Crisis will hit and fuck up the AIs but that's still like 100 years off. Is the late game really meant to be this boring?
crux of the matter. the crisis events have ridiculous mtth.

imo change the stats for the mid game to be in 2250 and the late game to be 2300. this means that mid game crisis like the Khan can happen by the ~2280s and a late game crisis like the galactic invasions can happen a few decades before you took your screenshot. once you deal with those it's pretty much over though.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Can get around it by creating your own empires and force spawning them.

Exactly what I do. Still, it does tend to pick the most conflicting of my pregenerated empires to spawn around me.

Camel

Learned

Mortmal

Arcane
View attachment 24931

Game spawned nothing but OTHER CORPS around me. Good job Paradox.
Working as intended, the game intentionally biases your nearby spawns to conflict with you. Supposedly. Can get around it by creating your own empires and force spawning them.
Then use the only origin still worth using, the vassal origin, you spawn with plenty of friendlies around you can build your corp buildings on, a nice overlord subsiding you insane amount of materials. You have such an headstart with that origin its ridiculous.

Norfleet

Exactly what I do. Still, it does tend to pick the most conflicting of my pregenerated empires to spawn around me.
It does that on purpose also, because peace is boring. Thus, any build predicated around making friends with your neighbors is a fail.

View attachment 24931

Working as intended, the game intentionally biases your nearby spawns to conflict with you. Supposedly. Can get around it by creating your own empires and force spawning them.
Then use the only origin still worth using, the vassal origin, you spawn with plenty of friendlies around you can build your corp buildings on, a nice overlord subsiding you insane amount of materials. You have such an headstart with that origin its ridiculous.
I don't understand how this origin exists. It's literally just cheating. The concept of being a "vassal" that gets more free stuff from the "overlord" than you would if the positions were swapped is insane.

EDIT: Actually, I take it back. It makes perfect sense. It just needs to be renamed to the Israel origin.

Mortmal

Arcane
View attachment 24931

I don't understand how this origin exists. It's literally just cheating. The concept of being a "vassal" that gets more free stuff from the "overlord" than you would if the positions were swapped is insane.

EDIT: Actually, I take it back. It makes perfect sense. It just needs to be renamed to the Israel origin.
Selling feature from the DLC , OP features to get more sales of the DLC then much later nerf it, they have no shame nor honor. Another example is the aquatic trait, from the aquatic dlc, if you want to min max take it.

Selling feature from the DLC , OP features to get more sales of the DLC then much later nerf it, they have no shame nor honor. Another example is the aquatic trait, from the aquatic dlc, if you want to min max take it.

Other stuff wasn't nearly this overpowered. Aquatic is barely noteworthy, +10% to base resource production when you'll have +60-100% without it by 20-30 years in thanks to all the tech boosts along with stability and other things is a drop in the bucket and arguably still weaker than several other traits. Vassal origin can literally let you double your research and 1.5x your resource production (which means you can then switch some of your non-research production into more research). And this is a MULTIPLICATIVE bonus, not additive like virtually everything else in the game.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
It does that on purpose also, because peace is boring. Thus, any build predicated around making friends with your neighbors is a fail.

Never said anything about wanting to make friends. I want to make *slaves*. Kind of difficult with hive minds and machine intelligences all around.

Top Bottom