Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

I see that they are slowly running out of ideas
most of the expansions since the beginning has been made of stolen mods and made them worse in the process.

The game is a bloated mess and should've been abandoned long ago.
but the game *is* already abandoned, since there's no more alphamod.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

I see that they are slowly running out of ideas, since the latest expansion will focus on something that already exists in the game. I hope this is more than just a new category of portraits and a few laws.

Now you're nerve stapling in the name of GOD.

Story elements in paradox games promise more than they deliver in a mechanical sense. I'm currently playing the latest addition to Hears of Iron, the one about South America. Lots of cool national goals that make diplomacy, economics and technology secondary.

Camel

Scholar
Started a new game with the latest patch to scratch my itch. Jesus wept. The leader cap with unity hit is fucking ridiculous. I have a trickle of 2 unity a month with 4 scientists on the biggest galaxy map and it would take me 35 years to get a next goddamn tradition, not even an ascension perk. I absolutely need a ton of scientists to survey all systems to expand while I already lost a war and got vassalized by an advanced AI neighbour. Which is why my ruler's luminary trait got worse twice and it gives malus.
OYDP28h.png

Ravielsk

Magister
Started a new game with the latest patch to scratch my itch. Jesus wept. The leader cap with unity hit is fucking ridiculous. I have a trickle of 2 unity a month with 4 scientists on the biggest galaxy map and it would take me 35 years to get a next goddamn tradition, not even an ascension perk. I absolutely need a ton of scientists to survey all systems to expand while I already lost a war and got vassalized by an advanced AI neighbour. Which is why my ruler's luminary trait got worse twice and it gives malus.
OYDP28h.png
I am seriously convinced at this point the PDX has no idea how the game is actually played. The leader rework seems to be entirely balanced around the idea that you can somehow get like 2-3 super leaders early in the game that will just live forever and provide infinitely improving buffs.

I learned how to mod the game purely for the sake of removing their retarded caps and maintenance costs because even with what could be described as cheat mods their balancing is simply trash.

Camel

Scholar
I am seriously convinced at this point the PDX has no idea how the game is actually played. The leader rework seems to be entirely balanced around the idea that you can somehow get like 2-3 super leaders early in the game that will just live forever and provide infinitely improving buffs.

I learned how to mod the game purely for the sake of removing their retarded caps and maintenance costs because even with what could be described as cheat mods their balancing is simply trash.
Liberal cuck Martin Anward aka Wiz gave lame excuses how his revamped leaders system isn't suited for the biggest galaxy map sizes. That's still dumb and an old leader system was fine by me.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
All Paradox games are a snowball of patches and DLC that keep rolling down the hill until they collapse under their own weight.

CK2 is virtually unplayable past a certain point with all the patches and expansions. But hey, you have 1000 features you never asked for like vampires and witches.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik

Stellaris Dev Diary #335 - Announcing The Machine Age​

It is time to leave our flawed biological vessels behind.​

It’s my pleasure to announce that The Machine Age major expansion will be released alongside the Stellaris 3.12 ‘Andromeda’ update.

Focusing on cybernetic, synthetic, and machine themes, The Machine Age will begin during the second quarter of 2024.

In pursuing the divine calling, we shall achieve the fusion of the exalted body and sacred cybernetics.​

The Technophants and Haruspex of the Cybernetic Creed will guide their flock to the perfect union of flesh and machine.

Cybernetic Creed

Cybernetic augmentation is not solely the province of the materialists.

Playgrounds stand empty. In time, we will cease to be.​

For now, our salvation lies in the digital realm…​

A doomed species races against extinction to reach the virtual world in Synthetic Fertility.

Synthetic Fertility

Blur the lines between the physical and virtual worlds.

Our planet is barren, but our home system is a bounty of riches.​

To exploit them, we must build bigger than ever before.​

Originally designed to build mighty constructions in space, the Arc Welders must utilize that advantage to the fullest to overcome the deficiencies of their homeworld.

Arc Welders

These masters of Mega-Engineering began exploiting their home system before discovering faster-than-light travel.

The things that make me different​

are the things that make me, me.​

The creators may be gone, but society endures. Your chassis may have begun identical to trillions of others in your empire, but you are no drone - you are an individual.

With The Machine Age, you can explore the game as non-Gestalt, Individualist Machine Empires!

Individualistic Machines

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.

A transformative age is upon us,​

sparked by innovation and oiled by opportunity.​

The Machine Age explores how Cybernetic and Synthetic Ascension affect society within your empire.
Advanced government forms are available to empires that navigate the process.

Advanced Authorities

The Cybernetic Creed Origin has an additional variant for each standard Authority.

Become better than you are.​

Six new civics provide additional choices for your empires.

Civics

Corporate and Hive Mind civics require MegaCorp or Utopia respectively.

Filling out Form 42-A on a Bureaucratic World

Build a better future.​

Two mid-game structures are introduced in The Machine Age - exploit systems with the molten world Arc Furnace, and start your work towards a Dyson Sphere early by building the Dyson Swarm.

Dyson Swarm

And so we came forth and once again beheld the stars.

Ignorance shackles us, putting the universe’s secrets out of reach.​

No matter the price, we must break free.​

Building upon the system introduced in Nemesis, The Machine Age introduces a second player crisis path, focused on technological ascendancy at any cost.

Something Greater

The time has come to be part of something greater.

My children, at last I am returned to you.​

For the first time since the Contingency was introduced in the Stellaris 1.8 “Čapek” release, a new end-game crisis has been unleashed.

An ancient threat, sealed away for countless millennia, has returned.

The Machine Age logo

The Machine Age expansion includes:​

• Individualistic Non-Gestalt Machine Empires
  • Gestalt Machine Intelligence Empires (also unlocked by the Synthetic Dawn Story Pack)
  • Three new Origins
    • Cybernetic Creed
    • Synthetic Fertility
    • Arc Welders
  • Civics
    • Guided Sapience
    • Natural Design
    • Obsessional Directive
    • Protocol Droids
    • Tactical Cogitators
    • Augmentation Bazaars (Requires Megacorp)
  • Two Mid-Game Structures
    • Arc Furnace
    • Dyson Swarms
  • New Ascension Paths for Machine Empires
  • Cybernetic and Synthetic Ascension (also unlocked by Utopia)
  • Exploration of the effects of the cyberization or synthesization of society, with Advanced Government Forms for those who complete it.
  • New Species Traits for Cyborgs, Machines and Robots
  • Cybernetic portraits that change based on advancement through cyberization
  • Synthetic portraits with both organic and synthetic variants that changed based on synthesization, usable by either organics or machines
  • Two new Shipsets, Diplomatic Rooms, and City Sets
  • 7 new music tracks synthetic and cybernetic inspired music tracks
  • A new Player Crisis Path
  • …And a new End-Game Crisis.

lvl 2 Blue Slime

Educated
Well, Gestalt Consciousness needed an overhaul, considering how boring and simplistic their gameplay is, they have like zero unique buildings. Hopefully, they do Hive Minds next.

Camel

Scholar
The Paradox official forums became terrible lately and full of Paradox lackeys asslicking the company and attacking almost every thread even with mild criticism of the game. I don't know if it's only the Stellaris subforum problem or site-wide issue.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The Paradox official forums became terrible lately and full of Paradox lackeys asslicking the company and attacking almost every thread even with mild criticism of the game. I don't know if it's only the Stellaris subforum problem or site-wide issue.
What do you think.

Camel

Scholar

thesecret1

Arcane
The Paradox official forums became terrible lately and full of Paradox lackeys asslicking the company and attacking almost every thread even with mild criticism of the game.
Lately? Lol. Paradox bans dissenters regularly and with extreme prejudice.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
HoI2 threads about real cost of transport IC and steel vs submarines is still excellent resource. If you can find it in badly imported HoI2 forum.

What's weird is they seems to forgot that game developers typically made new game, not hordes of DLC, and eventually they released theirs old games for free officially, or allowed them to be available for free to keep for short period as promo.

Copyright was designed to force Authors to make NEW books, not make one and live from selling one for next 3000 years.

But the problem is it looks like nearly every company jumped the shark. There is nearly no decent Space Strategy game that simulates tech in details, production in details, and difference between alien species.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Lol at how when they banned my mod it was news on Arstechnica.

Has to be my favorite Streisand Effect.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom