Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Strangeland - new adventure game from Wormwood Studios

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Unbelievable. It’s like making sacrifices to a rain god.

I’ll tinker with it some more.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Ok, I tried changing "awaken" to "wake." (The more aggressive changes proposed don't appeal to me; I want to see if we can make this work with something more minimal first.) I also published the changes, which I apparently had failed to do last time.

Could you all check? It already looks fine (without changes) in every browser I've tested, so I can't determine whether the tweaks make a difference.

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Removing the "And" in "And who are you?" would serve the same purpose and let you keep "awaken". I think it would also be more grammatically correct :)

I'd answer your question, but like you, I've never had the issue the others are reporting.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I think it's grammatically fine. Losing "and" changes the whole feel of that sentence to me. :) This whole thing is so outrageous--that Steam should have a character limit that doesn't render properly in all browsers.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Okay. Unless and until I hear from others it isn't working, I'll assume this fixes it. I liked "awaken" more, but I think this is all right.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Still works.

hqdcMXK.jpg

P.S. Applaud the minimalism of the changes.

P.P.S. "Awaken" is better, but "wake" is good too, has a slight archaic feel to it even.

I'm an old man and I don't really know how this shit works, but I have wishlisted it on Steam.

Incidentally have you had any commitments from other distribution platforms? I assume GoG is a given based on Primordia's (as well as the full catalogue of whom I assume is the publisher) availability there? And since you've officially lined up a publisher can we assume that "the fullness of time" will likely be in the next 3-6 months?

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I think we're going to attempt to have multiple languages available in the game on launch, or soon thereafter. Pretty sure I can get the old Primordia French, Spanish, and German translators to volunteer to translate Strangeland. And I think I can arrange a Polish translation. Are there any Codexers who are capable of doing a Russian translation? Primordia got an early but (as I understand it) flawed translation by a group of Russian hackers -- amazing that they pulled it off, but I'd rather have an official translation. I know there were folks who did AOD, but the reality is that it's a pain in the neck to translate anything, so it probably makes sense only if someone is into adventures.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
I think we're going to attempt to have multiple languages available in the game on launch, or soon thereafter. Pretty sure I can get the old Primordia French, Spanish, and German translators to volunteer to translate Strangeland. And I think I can arrange a Polish translation. Are there any Codexers who are capable of doing a Russian translation? Primordia got an early but (as I understand it) flawed translation by a group of Russian hackers -- amazing that they pulled it off, but I'd rather have an official translation. I know there were folks who did AOD, but the reality is that it's a pain in the neck to translate anything, so it probably makes sense only if someone is into adventures.

How big it is?

The total amount of text, I mean.

Last edited:

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
It's not easy to get a totally accurate count because when we output the text, it generates duplicate lines. I think it's ~3k lines of text.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
It's not easy to get a totally accurate count because when we output the text, it generates duplicate lines. I think it's ~3k lines of text.

Is it...120 pages or so? Impressive.

What about the deadline?

Maybe if I could split the work with someone (to not being solely responsible and afraid to let you down) then this could be handled. If you plan to release the game this year, of course.

Last edited:

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
120 pages sounds much longer than it is. I'll try to quantify and get back to you.

[Amazing rating.]

agris

Arcane
Patron
Paging Darth Roxor, paging Darth Roxor. A new patient is waiting in the Adventure Games Translations waiting room.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
That would create an inevitable conflict when I want another great Let's Play, though...

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
This probably comes as no surprise to the sleuths in this thread, but Wadjet Eye Games will be publishing Strangeland. I think it's a very advantageous arrangement for both sides -- WEG's brand helped Primordia get through Greenlight and win immediate player recognition, anhd Primordia in turn helped elevate Wadjet Eye Games's brand and reputation. We are confident that Strangeland will see a similar reciprocity, with WEG helping provide initial impetus at the game's launch, and Strangeland adding momentum to WEG's already stratospheric (or at least tropospheric) rise. Moreover, WEG will be handling the VO, something that Dave and his friends are extremely good at. I think Strangeland will be a last hurrah in the pixels-n-puzzles era for WEG (since its other forthcoming games are 3D (Technobabylon 2), hi-res (Old Skies), or puzzle-free (Nighthawks)).

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
This probably comes as no surprise to the sleuths in this thread, but Wadjet Eye Games will be publishing Strangeland. I think it's a very advantageous arrangement for both sides -- WEG's brand helped Primordia get through Greenlight and win immediate player recognition, anhd Primordia in turn helped elevate Wadjet Eye Games's brand and reputation. We are confident that Strangeland will see a similar reciprocity, with WEG helping provide initial impetus at the game's launch, and Strangeland adding momentum to WEG's already stratospheric (or at least tropospheric) rise. Moreover, WEG will be handling the VO, something that Dave and his friends are extremely good at. I think Strangeland will be a last hurrah in the pixels-n-puzzles era for WEG (since its other forthcoming games are 3D (Technobabylon 2), hi-res (Old Skies), or puzzle-free (Nighthawks)).

Just curious, would you have added VO if you didn't get WEG to handle it?

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Absolutely.

But it would have been a lot of work, and I'm skeptical that we would've handled it as well as WEG.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Absolutely.

But it would have been a lot of work, and I'm skeptical that we would've handled it as well as WEG.

Thanks for the answer. I hope WEG does a job of the same quality as in Primordia

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I expect it will be! Of course, I'm not sure anyone will ever top the combo of Abe as Crispin and Sarah as Clarity (Logan was also very good as Horatio, but a bit flat at times).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom