Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Strangeland - new adventure game from Wormwood Studios

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Everything looks so fucking good. I love the new short text blurb. I love everything. And not just because I'm moderately drunk.

The impulse to buy 5 copies and give them away ... that probably is mostly the booze talking.

But still. Beautiful work.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
You can't buy it. By the time you can, you will probably be sober enough to restrain yourself. :)

And, many thanks!

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
upload_2020-8-13_7-59-12.png

agris

Arcane
Patron
May be a firefox issue? It looks like that fullscreen 2560x1600, but chrome is fine (PC). Also looks correct on phone (safari).

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
MRY do you know that your short blurb is truncated?
It depends on screen resolution -- on my computer and phone, it's not clipped.
Are others having the same issue as agris?
Yes, Google Chrome, on both my 2560x1440 and 1920x1080 monitors. Cuts off in the exact same place in all cases. I scrolled down to read the full text but of course the long description is different. I guess I will never know what else these people created!

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
How bizarre. It doesn't happen on Chrome, Brave, Firefox, or Safari for me, on either my work or home computers or my phone.

I have no idea how to go about fixing.

Joora

Novice
The last word shows up when I zoom in with ctrl mouse wheel, Pale Moon 1080p.

agris

Arcane
Patron
MRY well you have identified your two edge-cases; myself and zombra. I checked different zoom levels in FF, and while it did change how many words were displayed, it never fixed it. I'm using 100% DPI scaling (i.e. no scaling) on Win7, maybe Zombra is on Win7 as well? It also doesn't change as I resize the Firefox window.

edit: I take that back, zooming into 120% fixes it. Looks to be a kerning issue. FWIW, if you can eliminate the character equivalent of "peak", I believe I could see your self-referential in non-zoomed mode.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
The whole thing is absurd, insofar as "Primordia" plainly would fit in the screenshot you have. :)

I'll see what I can do.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
I wonder whether cutting a character or two would fix.
Awaken (awoken?) in a surreal carnival, a woman cries out to you before leaping to her death. That's 8 characters + a space, enough to fit Primordia.

Zombra

Patron
The last word shows up when I zoom in with ctrl mouse wheel, Pale Moon 1080p.
Ha, same here, when I zoom to 110% on either monitor the name of the mystery game is revealed.
I wonder whether cutting a character or two would fix.
Seems almost certain it would. My first thought was to change
Who was she? And who are you?
to
Who was she? (Who are YOU?)
but that does change the tone appreciably ... and only saves one character sooooo

Also you could obviously change "denizens and devices" to just "denizens", but I hope you don't do that because characterizing the cast as "denizens and devices" is too wonderfully bizarre.

Maybe simplest would be to change "A new adventure from the creators of Primordia" to simply "From the creators of Primordia." We already know it's new, and no one looking at the Steam page will be unaware it's an adventure game.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Hrm. "From the creators of Primordia," although more self-congratulatory, seems the least tone-changing edit.

Zombra

Patron
One more suggestion, to increase $ Codex sales $ consider editing the Steam page link into the first post of this thread. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom