Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Good Old Games
Donate to Codex
News Content Gallery About Donate Discord Contact
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Strangeland - new adventure game from Wormwood Studios

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

Darth Roxor

Wielder of the Huegpenis
Staff member
then he'd better start working on passing the bar somewhere else fast

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

Viata

Arcane

agris

Arcane
Patron
Is that true? I can understand not being a working lawyer in another country, but not even in another state? Fuck america.
I can't speak for law specifically (the state bar exam), but many states have reciprocity agreements wherein the professional accreditation (i.e. passing the bar exam) in State A will be recognized by State B. It isn't universal, but I believe this exists for the majority of the states in the US.

For those who do not live here, I think a decent mental model for the US is that the federal government is like a more powerful European Union, and each state is like a member-state in the EU. I expect MRY will bristle at this comparison because of federal supremacy, but *in general* each state regulates professional, environmental, legal etc spheres independent of other states. Our federal system just means those state laws can't violate federal statutes.

That doesn't mean though that states can't form multi-state compacts, this is how reciprocity agreements work.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Ha, I appreciate the concern and kind thoughts but I’m happy where I am, and game development is just a fun diversion rather than an income stream. It helped pay tuition when I was in law school and the bills when I was a government worker, but now I just plow what I make back into FG, like a very slow perpetual wheel of pain motion machine.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Ha, I appreciate the concern and kind thoughts but I’m happy where I am, and game development is just a fun diversion rather than an income stream. It helped pay tuition when I was in law school and the bills when I was a government worker, but now I just plow what I make back into FG, like a very slow perpetual wheel of pain motion machine.

When is Fallen Gods release?

agris

Arcane
Patron
If you're a native French speaker interested in testing the French translation of Strangeland, could you shoot me a message? Thanks!
Not sure if bataille is still active, nor if she's interested. But she's native FR I believe.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
If you're a native French speaker interested in testing the French translation of Strangeland, could you shoot me a message? Thanks!

... Fallen Gods, when? (
FG is going through an alpha test now -- so far, people seem to enjoy it. Still lots to be done, but I think we may have succeeded in making a viable game.

Meanwhile, Strangeland's next batch of translations -- French, Korean, and Japanese -- should be done soon. Hoping to push the French translation out by the Steam Summer Sale. Not sure for the others.

Top Bottom