Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Support Nazism by Supporting Grimoire

dipdipdip

Liturgist
LlamaGod said:
He has penis envy over Wizardry 8's radness.

Word.

DemonKing

Arcane
dipdipdip said:
LlamaGod said:

Word.

Agreed - for years Cleve was bleeting about how crappy Wizardry 8 would be and that it was vapourware - now four years on from the release of Wizardry 8, a resounding success story as far as most CRPG fans are concerned, and Grimiore is still no closer to reality.

Coming from Australia though, his description of us was actually pretty accurate in places...last time I went home everyone was too busy sitting on their arses watching reality TV and endless sport to approach anything vaguely like "rage" or "passion" (except when their team is screwed by the referee, of course). :cry:

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Sol Invictus said:
It is no trick. The guy posts horrible things about all his Sir-Tech coworkers. He says they openly support pedophilia, and that Max Phipps (who passed away in 2000, from cancer. This is very well known.), was a pedophile and had AIDS and raped young boys.

Anyone who can say that sort of thing about a dead person 4 years after his death, and has absolutely no respect for Max's family and friends, just for the sake of boosting his own ego, is every bit as vile a human being (if you can even call him that) as Tim McVeigh and Adolf Hitler.
Well, I was being ironic. Guess I forgot the smiley.

To me it's pretty much clear that the guy is somewhat fucked up in the head, but who knows what he might be suffering from that makes him act like a complete yerk. (Can't find the proper words right now, so "yerk" will have to do.)

Edit: Yerk-off, Pissant, Teletubbie, etc.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Thx for your posts in this thread, Ex. Some of the quotations were grotesquely hilarious. I thought I could give this game a chance if I craved for old school dungeon crawling, but maybe I'll just replay EOB1 instead if the need arises.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
I really like firstperson, party-based old dungeon romps, and was hoping Grimoire would be a good enough game. But even if the political stance of a developer has no bearing on the products he creates, I think I will refrain from purchasing this game. Not because of his views per se (hideous and backwards as they are), but because I dislike the idea of financing someone who in turn apparently finances radical or extremist organizations, as seems to be the case.

Mr. Teatime

Liturgist
Is this an appropriate time to bring up some of Rex's quotes over the past few years? The ones about blacks not being human?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Mr. Teatime said:
Is this an appropriate time to bring up some of Rex's quotes over the past few years? The ones about blacks not being human?
It's called 'taking the piss', Teatime. I was quite serious about your piano playing ability, though. Keep up the footwork.

Hory

Erudite
Sol Invictus said:
Never forget 9/11

Notice how whatever scenario the Americans come up with these days, no
matter what happens the shopping malls don't close and food courts
continue to remain in service. That is because most "Americans" (?)
are clinically insane and have completely lost touch with reality.
Feelings of immunity or invulnerability because of the loose precedent
of the past 40 years is a seriously schizoid view of the world we live
in ... that is all about to end.

I had a good laugh watching you all run around after Sept. 11 trying
desperately to buy the gas masks I told you to purchase three years
beforehand. I drank a big iced tea and laughed and laughed. You were
in quite a dumb animal panic, weren't you? Your poor little cerebrums
has a brief glimpse of the possibilities.

Believe me, your tiny brains could never imagine what is in store for
you eventually. But don't listen. Just keep shopping at those food
courts and watching Jerry Springer, I'm sure you will defy all the
known laws of physics and continue in happy-TV land forever and ever.
He's pretty much right...

Sarvis

Erudite
Sol Invictus said:
Mr. Teatime said:
It's called 'taking the piss', Teatime. I was quite serious about your piano playing ability, though. Keep up the footwork.

I've never heard that expression... and I fail to see how men's room activities have any bearing on the situation. :?

Fez

Erudite
Taking the piss is a widely used expression in the UK, which Teatime would know already, natch. It just means making fun of or mocking someone or something. It's been used in various Brit films too.

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
He's just a poor sick man. You should pity him, not damn him. It's obvious that he has serious personal issues and is mentally ill.

Fez

Erudite
Sounds like a good idea. He'd have plenty time to finish his phantom game then. We might even see it before he dies of old age (if the titanium supermen can die of that).

bryce777

Erudite
Sol Invictus said:
Did I read that right? Cleve just said his bones were denser than titanium. Holy fuck!

This is a lot worse than Derek Smart's treatment of a Coca Cola machine.

Cleve Blakemore is UNBREAKABLE. Will water be his only weakness?

Well, titanium is actually not very dense at all, just extremely strong. That is why it is a good building material. I think that whole thing could well be the funniest thing ever written, though....

bryce777

Erudite
DemonKing said:
dipdipdip said:
LlamaGod said:

Word.

Agreed - for years Cleve was bleeting about how crappy Wizardry 8 would be and that it was vapourware - now four years on from the release of Wizardry 8, a resounding success story as far as most CRPG fans are concerned, and Grimiore is still no closer to reality.

Coming from Australia though, his description of us was actually pretty accurate in places...last time I went home everyone was too busy sitting on their arses watching reality TV and endless sport to approach anything vaguely like "rage" or "passion" (except when their team is screwed by the referee, of course). :cry:

I didn't laugh at 911, but I do agree with his assessment of the braindead fastfood eating sheeple of amerikkka, though.

LlamaGod

Cipher
chances are, no matter where you live, someone thinks you and your country is full of morons.

trying to say it to someone else is pretty pointless or whatever

(austrailians are morons)

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Hory said:
Sol Invictus said:
Never forget 9/11

Notice how whatever scenario the Americans come up with these days, no
matter what happens the shopping malls don't close and food courts
continue to remain in service. That is because most "Americans" (?)
are clinically insane and have completely lost touch with reality.
Feelings of immunity or invulnerability because of the loose precedent
of the past 40 years is a seriously schizoid view of the world we live
in ... that is all about to end.

I had a good laugh watching you all run around after Sept. 11 trying
desperately to buy the gas masks I told you to purchase three years
beforehand. I drank a big iced tea and laughed and laughed. You were
in quite a dumb animal panic, weren't you? Your poor little cerebrums
has a brief glimpse of the possibilities.

Believe me, your tiny brains could never imagine what is in store for
you eventually. But don't listen. Just keep shopping at those food
courts and watching Jerry Springer, I'm sure you will defy all the
known laws of physics and continue in happy-TV land forever and ever.
He's pretty much right...

Well, actually, he's pretty wrong.

• I bought a gas mask for a halloween gag about 15 years ago. I have never needed it for anything other than that halloween gag. In fact, it's stayed packed up in a box for the last nine years. I never even considered getting it out after 9/11.
  • I watched Jerry Springer a few times when nothing else was on but infommercials, and I'm quite aware the show is staged.
  • Don't think I've eaten in a food court anywhere other than an airport my entire life. That would be once when my flight was delayed in Chicago.
  • Feelings of immunity are pretty well founded. I'm more likely to die in a car wreck than from an attack - yet I still drive.

I could go on, but there's no way in hell I'm going to live my life differently out of some paranoid, chickenshit delusion that the world is coming to an abrupt, cataclysmic end. I'm certainly not going to move out of my townhouse and in to a bomb shelter because of some wacked out people who think America is the Great Satan.

I'd like to also point out how utterly ironic it is for someone who LIVES IN A HOLE IN THE GROUND OUT OF FEAR to preach to any American who might have been afraid after 9/11 for buying a gas mask.

Yes, that's right. Cleve is a fat chickenshit douche.

And while I'm on the subject of him being a fat chickenshit douche:

Cleve the Fat Chickenshit Douche said:
A guy who builds a 400 square meter underground blast shelter is way, way past politics, kids. When you're a grownup you'll understand. Somebody like that would be so far past the point of believing they could change anything for the better they would have withdrawn completely from the marketplace of ideas altogether.

No, a guy who lives in a bomb shelter is a fucking pussy. See, you criticise Americans for moving on after 9/11. Guess what, that's what NORMAL people do! You have a crisis, you deal with it, and you MOVE ON. You don't MOVE UNDERGROUND and preach to other people about how silly they are for being afraid, because that makes you a hypocrit.

400 square meters? Is it shaped like your mom's bosom? Nothing says "security" like mom's bosom!

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
bryce777 said:
Well, titanium is actually not very dense at all

Yep. Titanium (Ti) has a density of only 4,51 g/cm3 - not dense at all. He should have said his bones are made of lead (11,34 g/cm3) or uranium (18,97 g/cm3). I guess he is "way, way past" physics :?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
He did mention one time how his bones had the density of depleted uranium armor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom