Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Suzerain - political simulator & RPG hybrid by Torpor Games - now with Kingdom of Rizia DLC

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Can you form a theocracy and purge all the commies and other satanic scum from the country?

Üstad

Arcane
Can you form a theocracy and purge all the commies and other satanic scum from the country?
847169841228430465.jpg

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I just bought this just to pass the time since it sounded interesting and it was -70% off. An hour in and I'm blown away.
Yes, Suzerain is an underrated little gem, though not even close to being an RPG. Also impressive that the game has been improved considerably since launch.

YvFniie.jpg

Vectern sis da!

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Ended up being overthrow by the military after I caused a recession and public unrest. Spent 7 years in prison after which I retired to the countryside.

10/10, would play again.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Odd, wasn't this game considered a RPG before? When was it moved?
Since my last post, apparently. Which is odd, since the game's steam page still refers to it as a "text-based RPG", and, as we're all aware, in Current Year the Codex considers any game an RPG if it identifies as one. :M

Vatnik Wumao
Odd, wasn't this game considered a RPG before? When was it moved?
Since my last post, apparently. Which is odd, since the game's steam page still refers to it as a "text-based RPG", and, as we're all aware, in Current Year the Codex considers any game an RPG if it identifies as one. :M
And now it is back where it belongs. :M

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How strict is the COYA in it (in that, how pre-determined are all of the choice outcomes)? Are there "open ended skill checks"? I liked this in Silmaris : Dice Kingdom . It was only "push your luck" kind of skillchecks, but it worked pretty well in making most of the decisions non trivial, even after you knew the outcomes.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
June 2023 Broadcast

Citizens of Sordland, welcome to the June broadcast! As the warmth of summer spreads like a golden wave on our great nation, we extend our heartfelt greetings to each and every one of you.

Today, we gather to share an overview of the most thrilling updates that have unfolded within our borders over the course of this month.

As we approach the final stretch of the Suzerain 2.0 update, our team is working tirelessly to improve every aspect of the game. We've conducted rigorous internal testing, and we're now in the process of adding the finishing touches, including controller support. One of our primary focuses has been refining the in-game feedback, ensuring that each action you take has clearer results and consequences.

We're also infusing new life into the game with additional decisions and bills, such as those relating to the Bergia Special Zone and the Bludish rights situation in Sordland. These added layers of complexity are designed to make your experience more immersive and dynamic. Alongside these additions, we're experimenting with text animations to further enhance the game's narrative flow and create an element of surprise.

ss_e4fcee175640085609238a420a56fa9f24cef8c1.jpg

Visually, we've completed the 3D art pipeline for the 2.0 update, and on the audio front, we're excited to see our personal voice recording sessions add an extra layer of depth to the game. We're also exploring analytics design to help balance the game for 2.0 and the future, ensuring each of the 450+ key choices offers a meaningful and balanced gaming experience.

Finally, we've initiated our closed community testing phase, which will continue until the 2.0 release. The feedback of the community testers who have been with us since 2019, is invaluable during this phase and will guide our fine-tuning process to make sure Suzerain 2.0 is the best it can be. Keep an eye out for some exciting news we have to share in July!

Screenshot_2023-07-04_144841.png

During the session, we recorded different voices that you will soon have the pleasure of experiencing in the upcoming Suzerain 2.0 "Amendment" Update. We are excited to hear our voices recorded for special moments that will add an extra layer of depth to the game. But that's not all! We also had the privilege of recording the National Sordland Anthem, a piece that captures the essence of our great nation.
Before we sign off, Kingdom Of Rizia, our much-anticipated first premium DLC, will be making its grand debut in Q4 this year! Don't forget to wishlist. Prepare for a thrilling adventure filled with new challenges and captivating stories.

Thank you for tuning in, and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Vectern sis da!

kyosuke

Educated
Patron
It's a nice game but shame its so short. Would be interesting to have multiple terms, conflicts, etc.
Would be nice if the MC could cheat on his bitch of a wife.

The wife and that feminist party member seems to be absolutely panties on head retarded.
They seem to absolutely refuse to accept moderate reforms and acting like normal people instead of hyper-activists.
I wouldn't cheat on her, I would prefer to directly divorce her and also kick that feminist out of my party.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
The dev's left-wing bias is pretty evident. Not just forcing you to marry a harpy feminist, but also how the only country that's portrayed positively (Valgsland) is communist.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
2.0 is SOON™
On top of now being able to see GDP line go up in real time, NFP enjoyers can watch Bludish demographics go down in real time:
aiak30ennqcb1.jpg

kyosuke

Educated
Patron
Saw the 2.0 Changelog included this:

Content
  • New additions to Monica Rayne-related content

Right... All I needed is more Feminist bullshit. :prosper:
Unless it's content where I can divorce her then it's :incline:

vota DC

Augur
Saw the 2.0 Changelog included this:

Content
  • New additions to Monica Rayne-related content

Right... All I needed is more Feminist bullshit. :prosper:
Unless it's content where I can divorce her then it's :incline:

Maybe she has a different personality if you join Young Sords in the intro.
I hope they didn't fixed that she Is still happy after you veto her law: she cares about spotlights only and doesn't care about the reforms.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
August 2023 Broadcast

Dear citizens of the Suzerainverse,

In the midst of a sun-kissed landscape and the embrace of summer's gentle breeze, we extend a heartfelt welcome to every one of you. As devoted citizens, you are cordially invited to the fresh August Broadcast!

At Torpor Games, we are happy to bring you a glimpse of what's in store as we prepare to launch our much-anticipated premium DLC, "The Kingdom of Rizia," at the end of this year.

Our Vision:
Dive deeper into the intricacies of the Suzerain Universe, offering players an entirely new lens to understand and reshape the world through the eyes of King Romus Toras of Rizia. Our vision is to expand the narrative horizons of the Suzerain experience, providing a fresh yet familiar tapestry of political intrigue, diplomacy, and choices that mold a nation. Through Rizia, we aspire to craft multifaceted endings, each one a testament to the diversity of choices and paths available within this experience. Our focus remains unwavering: to generate political narratives that pivot around nations and their leaders at potentially transformative moments in the Suzerain Universe's history.

Our Mission:
Our mission with The Kingdom of Rizia DLC is multi-fold:

To provide players with a nuanced experience that stands distinct from the base game of Suzerain, offering both familiarity and newness in the Rizian storyline.

Prioritize geopolitics and diplomacy as the focal points of the gameplay, weaving secondary narratives around the inner workings and challenges of the Rizian nation.

Explore topics, decisions, and storytelling avenues we yearned to introduce in Suzerain, pushing the boundaries of our narrative design in novel directions.

Acknowledging our journey, the Rizia DLC has been crafted over 1.5 years – a more compact timeline compared to Suzerain's 4.5-year development. Thus, while the game offers a condensed experience, it bursts with unique storylines and perspectives that are distinct from our initial offering.

Embrace a multi-ending approach, empowering players to express and navigate their story within the set boundaries of the Rizia experience.

The Kingdom of Rizia is not just an addition to our universe; it's a critical pillar in our 2. x strategy for Suzerain. Its reception and impact will significantly shape our future endeavors in this universe.

Post-launch, we pledge to offer dedicated support to Rizia, ensuring the gameplay remains dynamic and engaging.

Lastly, our tales in Rizia and Sordland are loosely connected. Stay tuned for upcoming insights on how these narratives echo, contrast, and coalesce in our ever-expanding Suzerain Universe.

With The Kingdom of Rizia DLC, we invite you on a journey to rule, decide, and leave an indelible mark on the pages of history. Together, let's discover the destiny of Rizia.

RiziaStorySelectionWIPScreen.png

We stand humbled and delighted as we reflect upon the journey of Suzerain 2.0 "Amendment" update since its recent release. In only two weeks, the warmth of your response has been nothing short of extraordinary, and we're thrilled to share some statistics with you:

In the two weeks following the launch of 2.0:

Over 50,000 players embarked: With gratitude, we thank the 50,000+ players who've embraced Suzerain 2.0. We are grateful for the demonstration of your support and curiosity.

Web of connectivity: Our website witnessed 20k visits, and our codex got 135k clicks, spreading our vision far and wide.

Thriving communities: Our digital communities have flourished! Our Reddit community has blossomed to 10k members, while our Discord server boasts an active 4.2k members, sparking vibrant and engaging discussions.

Gateway to exploration: Our Steam page welcomed an astounding 2 million visitors, with nearly 70% of them discovering Torpor Games for the first time.

Resonating voices: The heartwarming echo of your voices resonates in the form of nearly 5,000 Steam positive reviews (and around 300 negatives). It provided invaluable insights for our ongoing journey.

A tale of dedication: While we came close to breaking the concurrent player record set at launch in 2020 (1090 players), your dedication shines brightly. For 2.0, 1058 players united in Suzerain's world at the same time. We also had a total of 4743 players on August 1st, 2023, against 3760 on December 8th, 2020, an achievement we celebrate together.
Screenshot+2023-07-27+at+11.51.12.png

As you know, our highly anticipated premium DLC, "Kingdom Of Rizia," will make its grand entrance at the end of the year.

Get ready to dive into the realm of Rizia where a new nation awaits your reign. Step into the shoes of King Romus, with new challenges to conquer and captivating stories, "Kingdom Of Rizia" promises to be an unforgettable addition to your political gaming experience. Please note that the Kingdom of Rizia DLC will offer a shorter gameplay experience than Suzerain, due to the nature of DLCs and shorter development timelines. We aspire to develop additional DLCs following Rizia, and we're already in the process of conceptualizing the next one.

On the week of the 18th of September, we will be part of the Fellow Traveller Publisher Sales and we will stream some early footage from Rizia, Don't miss it! (more info will come soon)
image+passeports.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Join us again on Wednesday 20th of September 7 pm to 8 pm CET (Steam, Twitch & YouTube) for an exclusive live stream where we will show a work-in-progress snippet from the start of the game, take questions, and talk about some new features!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom