Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Suzerain - political simulator & RPG hybrid by Torpor Games - now with Kingdom of Rizia DLC

Vatnik Wumao
I'll play the game but they say the Sordland is based on Turkey and merged Atatürk and Kenan Evren into one person. My relatives were clashing against each other on opposing political sides in the late 70's turmoil. Will be interesting experience for me to play, well I can't manage the country worse than you know who.
It's a neat game. Hope you'll enjoy it.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I'll play the game but they say the Sordland is based on Turkey and merged Atatürk and Kenan Evren into one person. My relatives were clashing against each other on opposing political sides in the late 70's turmoil. Will be interesting experience for me to play, well I can't manage the country worse than you know who.
Of the three leads on Suzerain, two are Turkish and one is Czech. The domestic politics of Sordland (and demographics, with the Bluds) borrow heavily from Turkey, but regarding the geopolitical situation it might be more like Bohemia, with the ever-present threat from the Kingdom of Rumburg similar to a Germany attempting to become a third force between the capitalist countries aligned with Arcasia and the communist countries allied with United Contana.

Üstad

Arcane
Of the three leads on Suzerain, two are Turkish and one is Czech. The domestic politics of Sordland (and demographics, with the Bluds) borrow heavily from Turkey, but regarding the geopolitical situation it might be more like Bohemia, with the ever-present threat from the Kingdom of Rumburg similar to a Germany attempting to become a third force between the capitalist countries aligned with Arcasia and the communist countries allied with United Contana.
Yeah I get the idea is that heavy inspiration is from Turkey but far from being only related with it. Rather amalgam of many different developing nations in partly similar situation.

Delterius

Arcane
Yeah I get the idea is that heavy inspiration is from Turkey but far from being only related with it. Rather amalgam of many different developing nations in partly similar situation.
you can always just split the difference and say its romania

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
It is a shame the game did not get a dlc or expansion. Does anyone know what is their new project?

Hellion

Arcane
It's a fictional world, but the geopolitics and technology etc are equivalent to 50s-60s cold war era.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
What's the era/decade this game is supposed to take place?
The presidency of Anton Rayne begins in 1953, though it's a fictional world, albeit suspiciously similar to our own, meaning that technology, culture, and so forth don't necessarily correspond to their equivalents in the 1953 of the real world. :M

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1207650/view/3413192746406748820

October Broadcast
07d0fbabdad86939cbf6c102cf0e2cfc923876e3.png

Hello, Citizens of Sordland, this week our broadcast has some exciting updates which we are very pleased to share with you.

Firstly, it is with great excitement that we announce the official launch date for the mobile version of Suzerain will be the 8th December. You can watch the mobile trailer below.

Get your small screens ready!

We are also very proud to announce this will be the first time Torpor Games self-publishes a game. This applies only to the mobile version of the game. We worked really hard to make this happen, which means that compared to other platforms, a significant portion of the revenue will come directly to us. For this reason, purchasing the game on mobile will be a great way to support us. Danki!

028f0c5078d2ec57aa9b41cd888013684d2d0306.png

In other news, last week Paradox released Victoria 3, and to celebrate, we released the 1836 version of the extended Suzerain universe map.

80570370d06eaaf97066d13e3fef0790b1ce61d3.jpg

Our universe is growing, and the 1954 version of the same map will be released during our anniversary State of Torpor Games live stream Q&A on the
8th of December
on Twitch, as part of the Suzerain anniversary celebrations. Save the date.

To move on to another special announcement, we have recently revealed our next project to some of the most dedicated members of our community:

The Conformist is a narrative role-playing game in which the player guides Orwin – a propagandist working for the government of Sordland – in an attempt to survive the harsh political environment after a civil war, and discover his own path in the capital.

https://www.theconformistgame.com/

Here are the first screenshots that we can share with you and we will be sharing more details about the new project soon.

944bca88dd563efe9d1259b0c8c4a1d465b9ba3c.jpg

3191e0c0e541dc6b67dcfe975265cfb908ad3520.jpg

Also, we would like to extend our biggest thanks to everyone who participated in the ARG and solved the suitcase puzzle, as well as sent letters to all the different factions. We have now contacted everyone who got selected so please check your emails or Discord handles. We will come back soon with next steps.

7637fc93b8a27a871b08563d6c62108d7d1cebca.png

Now to move on to this month's development updates.

The month of October had some environment progress in the vertical slice of The Conformist, with certain locations of the initial game experience reaching a higher standard of visual quality to improve the production case of how the entire game will look closer to completion. Our concepts of the new districts have progressed to the greybox stage in addition to this. Placeholder UI sounds were added to make the interactions smoother. We also fixed a major vertical slice error that was breaking our scene transition.

Internally, we have been working on planning, conceptual development and pre-production on two new projects since June. In September, we took the first steps in narrative design work on this and fully began development in October. We are excited to share that we are beginning feature and content production, but won’t be able to share any further details at this point in time.

489da4e7d91b9b29382630ca5d7e71379b349fff.jpg

Last but not least, we are happy to announce that we have a new team member!

Anett Jenichen was born in Chile and is living in Germany. She is joining the team as a Graphic Design & QA Intern and is currently studying Game Design at the University of Applied Sciences Berlin. Before that she did an apprenticeship as a Graphic Designer and enjoys illustrating and sculpting in her free time. Welcome Anett!

Remember that on the 8th of December we will be celebrating the two year anniversary of Torpor Games with the Suzerain mobile launch and the State of Torpor Games live stream Q&A on Twitch. Save the date!

That’s all for this month, stay tuned for more important updates next month.

A morgna wes core!

Check out our Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Discord and our newsletter to get the latest breaking news for Suzerain.

Vectern sis da!

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
March Broadcast:

Citizens of Sordland, welcome to our March broadcast. As the flowers begin to bloom and the light breaks through, we're excited to share with you the latest news and updates from our Torpor Games team.

Our team has been working hard on delivering the best Suzerain experience for you throughout March. Further developments were made in the Amendment and Toras projects which we have been teasingly talking and hinting about recently.

torpor.gif

We have made a massive re-arrangement of the narrative design of Project Toras to improve the flow and spread content with a balance while analyzing weaknesses. Certain finished elements are receiving second passes. More design work is being conducted to determine the remainder of the storylines, the steps inside them, and the final outcomes.

Additionally, new music was added to the existing experience to ensure the mood clicked with the intended design well. The team also made substantial progress on the paper prototype for a new system being built. We are excited to experiment with gameplay systems of a more open nature after a long time in written deterministic content development.

PrologueUI1.png

We have noticed that certain content concepts and goals for Amendment were more complicated than anticipated after we began designing them. The production realities showed that building on complexity takes much longer than adding a new element or a supportive pillar. We are keen on attempting these brave overhauls but will slot them correctly in the future.

Therefore we decided to focus on a few content cores to the Amendment project and reduced specific goals that strayed away from the target vision of the update. The community polls heavily assisted in our decision-making. We always prefer quality as much as possible when choosing between quality and quantity.

oblivionenjoyer

Educated
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
good game just wish I could've restored the monarchy

nearly getting impeached because I got my son out of the army, then avoiding the impeachment trial because of the war, then winning the war and the election through that was a very based turn of events

the war was one of the most tense moments I've felt in a game in years

Vatnik Wumao

Kingdom of Rizia premium DLC & Suzerain 2.0 "Amendment" update are coming soon!
Explore the unique geopolitical and internal challenges faced by King Romus Toras of Rizia.

Kingdom of Rizia premium DLC and Suzerain 2.0 "Amendment" are coming soon!
With great fanfare and ceremony, the long-awaited moment has finally arrived. After working hard on it for a while, we finally completed the puzzle that had us all on the edge of our seats. Our team is thrilled and couldn't wait to see the final result. We shall no longer keep you in suspense, for the time has come to reveal the grand news!

We're thrilled to announce the upcoming Kingdom of Rizia premium DLC and the Suzerain 2.0 "Amendment" update for our critically-acclaimed political RPG, Suzerain. The 2.0 "Amendment" update will be available on PC starting in the summer of 2023, with the DLC following later this year.

ad2bcb9a2e7bb7d988b3f25bbeff0cb2893988f0.png

Suzerain: Kingdom of Rizia Expansion

Are you ready for a royal experience? Set four years before the events of the main game, players will be taken on a journey to discover the geopolitical and internal challenges faced by King Romus Toras of Rizia. This premium expansion of Suzerain is a fresh and unique experience, where you'll encounter new challenges, meet new characters, and shape the future of the Kingdom.
  • A new system of government - Experience rulership of a monarchy
  • New character - step into the shoe of King Romus Toras of Rizia.
  • New campaign - Tackle many geopolitical challenges and shape the future of the region by negotiating with neighboring nations.
  • New characters and factions - Navigate an intricate web of political and personal relationships with the royal houses, councilors, country leaders, and others.
  • Experience the trials and tribulations of being part of a royal family, including the Queen-Mother Estela. Toras, your daughter Princess Vina Toras, and your uncle Grand Vizier Hugo Toras.
  • Discover the past and present of the Kingdom of Rizia, expanding the lore of the Suzerain Universe.

926c7b2b4e31c1f1e9b73e060abbfbcb53149aa3.png

Suzerain 2.0 "The Amendment" update

The Torpor Games team has been working tirelessly for the past year, and we're happy to announce that our efforts have paid off! The 2.0 "Amendment" update is finally coming, and it's packed with exciting new features that will take your gameplay experience to the next level.

Get ready to dive even deeper into the world of Suzerain with the addition of world map integration and new interactions. Plus, we've added more story content that delves into the constitutional amendment, Bludish rights, and former Presidents. That's not all: the update also introduces the highly anticipated Torpor Mode, which allows for manual saving after completing the game once.

At launch, we'll be revealing dozens of exciting new features, improvements, and changes that will make your experience even better.

cd503ccecf86232826e8bb97a5661585f067d905.png

Release Plans and Upcoming Price Increase

The premium DLC Kingdom of Rizia and the 2.0 "Amendment" update for Suzerain will be launched exclusively on PC. As a small indie studio, we have decided to focus first on the platform where our community journey began.

The 2.0 Update will launch this summer, followed by the Kingdom of Rizia premium DLC later this year.

We envision these releases as just the beginning of our long-term plan to support and expand the game through a combination of premium expansions, major free updates. In a few years, we will be launching our new game, 'The Conformist'

Our goal is to continue growing the Suzerain universe together for the years to come. In order to reflect the value that Suzerain will offer and to help us in achieving this goal, we will be raising the price of Suzerain on PC from US$14.99 to US$19.99.

We did not take this decision lightly but this price increase will help us to deliver more great free content for the game and keep increasing the value for all players on PC. We are making this announcement now to provide plenty of notice.

Furthermore, the game is currently on discount for LudoNarraCon at 70% off and we will provide a similar discount on Steam during the Summer Sale and again when the 2.0 update releases. We encourage anyone who has not yet bought the game to take advantage of these opportunities to grab it at a cheap price before the increase comes into effect.

Thank you for your support - we couldn't have done it without you. Don't forget to add Rizia to your wishlist on Steam to stay in the loop!

A morgna wes core!

Check out our Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Discord and our newsletter to get the latest breaking news for Suzerain and The Conformist.

Last edited by a moderator:

zool

Arcane
Great choice for an expansion, this looks very faithful to the original game.

And the 2.0 Amendment update for the base game sounds great, especially the expanded content for constitutional amendments, which was already one of the best parts of the game.

Lhynn

Arcane
Change thread title to "Political Simulator & Not-An-RPG hybrid by Not-rpg developers" please.

Lincolnberry

Educated
Just finished first playthru. Awesome game.

Tried to play philosopher king style - no friends and only the long term interests of Sordland at heart. Made it to the end/re-elected but essentially alone personally, and wasn't able to keep us completely free of both empires. Ended up centrist politically.

Not sure how much it will hold up on a replay but achievements clearly suggest there are many ways the game could have gone so excited to check it out.

:4.5/5:

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I just bought this just to pass the time since it sounded interesting and it was -70% off. An hour in and I'm blown away.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
wow another dumb cyoa to play out one's political obsessions in

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom