Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SW:TOR

abija

Prophet
That theory is so far-fetched it's scary how many people even thought it's possible. Also, the biodev's response (if you mean the big one regarding texture quality) is pretty retarded and not reasonable at all. More exactly he used a problem created by their shit engine and presented it as universal. Just look at that terrible WoW engine (bruteforce central) how it handles proper model textures without a fuss even in capitals and for extra fun look at memory usage. This modified Hero engine seems a real piece of work.
Even if that performance loss was a real concern, why isn't the user given the option? I go to fleet very rarely for example and thanks to their design I barely meet any players in the world, the impact of having char textures on high would be about 0 for me 99% of the time spent in ToR.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I dunno, the fleet is a hub for most of the flashpoints and since there's no real LFG tool people are forced to yell about trying to find a group for Flashpoints in Fleet General Chat which requires them to be in Fleet in the first place. The performance takes a dive in there as it is. I'm getting FPS in 40-100 range on most planets, when I get into fleet it drops to about 22, when I approach areas in Fleet of high player concentration it drops even lower. I've seen 12 FPS when staring at one of the Galactic Market Hubs with players all around it. If what the Bioware dev said is true then I wouldn't even be able to move around in those areas.

This is with 6950 flashed to 6970 videocard btw, not exactly a card you expect to see 12 FPS from.

Obviously they need to optimize their crap, Bioware has often put out badly performing engines compared to the level of eye-candy on display. NWN2 was really bad for example.

anus_pounder

Arcane
So, mangoose's free month apparently ends on the 20th or so, If i'm not mistaken. Looks like I'll be :foreveralone: in the game within 2 weeks time. :(

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
My free month ends on the 22nd. Haven't decided if I wanna resub after that. I gues sit depends on whether or not I wrap up my Imp. agent storeh, since it's actually pretty passable.

My main complaint - nothing against you BROs and all - is that it's gonna be a pain doing endgame content with just 4 of us in the guild.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I might resub just to finish both my Agent and Trooper storylines. That depends on if I can find a better game to play though. Kinda sucks because I just dreamed about this awesome Gamecube game.. which doesn't exist :(

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
if the new flashpoints turn out to be near bt/eseles quality, resubbing in a few big updates might be worth it as well.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
My free month ends on the 22nd. Haven't decided if I wanna resub after that. I gues sit depends on whether or not I wrap up my Imp. agent storeh, since it's actually pretty passable.

My main complaint - nothing against you BROs and all - is that it's gonna be a pain doing endgame content with just 4 of us in the guild.

MOVE YOUR CHARS TO STARSTORM ONE BROS

You can be part of our Guild no problem. We're probably 10-12 players, and you all know all of them from League of Legends.

It would be brotastic to have you guys join.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
if the new flashpoints turn out to be near bt/eseles quality, resubbing in a few big updates might be worth it as well.

That was actually my main disappointment with this game. I had this awesome experience with Esseles and felt like "if this is what the game has to offer for multiplayer PvE, I'm hooked." Then followed EVERY SINGLE OTHER FLASHPOINT IN THE GAME being just a banal shit boring grinding run.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I haven't logged in for a week and my gametime will probably expire any day now.
Didn't get to play any flashpoints because I don't like writing "LFG melee DPS any HM" all day in general chat. I'm sure they sucked ass however.
So that means I'm done with this game now.
Overall score 3/10.
Leveling part of the game was 7/10.
Everything else 3/10 or lower.

For comparison:
Age of Conan 3/10
Aion 2/10
World of Wacraft 4/10

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I have too many characters already and I don't have time to level more than one at a time, so no, sadly :/

But you're empire mayn, and you're four guys in a guild. Not like it's important which server you're on :)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

Is it involved/expensive to move chars? I'd hate to have to grind 400 armstech, 400 slicing, 400 investigation, 350 artifice, 400 treasure hunting and 380 archeology all over agin. Not to mention purple recipes.

If it's relatively easy to move chars, I'll pass the idea by the others. Although your guild name can't be as cool as ours.

Also, how's the imp/rep population on starstorm? Red Eclipse has waaaay more imperials than republicans, meaning 90% of all my warzones are motherfucking huttball D:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I was talking to Zed. I may transfer if transfers open up and are not exorbitant.
Nah. I know each character has quite a bit of unique content, but not enough to warrant subbing.

Black

Arcane
4vFhK.png

This shit is going down fast.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
If you are a big enough of a dumb fuck to do anything with EA + Bioshits on-line game, you deserve the ass fucking that will inevitably come about it. Oh, and you'll be out about $40.00 or so and won't have the money to call someone that might give a fuck.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Is it involved/expensive to move chars? I'd hate to have to grind 400 armstech, 400 slicing, 400 investigation, 350 artifice, 400 treasure hunting and 380 archeology all over agin. Not to mention purple recipes.

If it's relatively easy to move chars, I'll pass the idea by the others. Although your guild name can't be as cool as ours.

We're DJs of the Dark Side bro, it doesn't get any cooler than that :smug:

(actually it does, but 'Vaders Venner' was an illegal name :()

I don't know the process for moving chars though... I expect that once the servers settle some they'll offer some free transfers. Though probably not to our server, it's pretty full.

Also, how's the imp/rep population on starstorm? Red Eclipse has waaaay more imperials than republicans, meaning 90% of all my warzones are motherfucking huttball D:

It's like this everywhere; one of the prime reasons I begged my friends to play Republic instead of fucking Emo Nation. So yeah, not much different here, but it isn't anywhere as far as I know.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom